Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Pink Natajara

Which era do you prefer?

• EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • LA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voting is for democrats!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Aren't you that guy from the First Law Trilogy?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hey, hey! Change your chaosrec and shapeshifter nations all you like, but don't touch muh Tecaburg! I have none of this stuff.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I vote for whatever changes make dumb units less OP on this obviously T3L3 map before I will have a chance to pick them. So yeah, new version?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Actually I don't care, just pick me the most hobbitty nation, as long as they have xbows. I've got my LotR gifs all ready to go.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I vote new version. JUST NEED TO WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY

And i insist on Random selection order OR even "the other retard picks for the other". I trust Grimwulf to play lightly, I don't trust others. Nationgen games are not for poweplayers, for obvious reasons.

Let's try to make this fun for all. CHAOS WILL RULE

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hurrr, why does every game has to take eternity to start? So it's not the LATEST VERSION, so what? It's not like this mod, or even this pbem aims to be perfectly balanced or something. It's not like Dreaad is extremely experienced player (he's a total bro, though!), so why not give him him the only nation with this chaosrec quirk? OKAY, if you hate me so much - give Tecaburg to some other guy, but what's the point? You think there's not enough overpowered nations in the roster or what? Check out Cirria then. Hell, most of them are powerful as fuck, especially in given circumstances.

I jes want to have fun. Start the game already, not give a fug about powerplaying or sumth. Those who played with me before know perfectly well that I'm a diplo-centric guy, so we can solve all problems in chat. I don't care how powerful is my nation. In fact, after running a few tests, I don't believe Tecaburg will survive for long in this zero-income world. But what's the goddamn difference, let's start the damn game. You got TWENTY NINE nations to choose from, ffs.

I vote LEAVE IT AS IT IS AND BEGIN

:x

Last edited:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I vote new version. JUST NEED TO WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY

And i insist on Random selection order OR even "the other retard picks for the other". I trust Grimwulf to play lightly, I don't trust others. Nationgen games are not for poweplayers, for obvious reasons.

Let's try to make this fun for all. BUTTHURT WILL RULE

:outrage:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Didn't see that they were picked, so I'll pick Atlnom(Atlantis Nom Nom?). A little bit of hobbit, a little bit of fish. How they stumbled into this wasteland is beyond me. The other hobbit nations seemed a little too shitty. This is my only real complaint about Atlnom.

zCRpFJb.jpg

Caul Shivers

Scholar
What Grimwulf said. Pick your damn nations people. I doubt there's much balance to be found in this game anywho.

I doubt there are going to be any tryhards in a game like this, besides even if there are it's a completely different beast, I've played such games before. There was a point there but fuck it, I'm alittle drunk.

As for me, I've stopped playing competitively a while back so I'm content to just sit in my fort and shout obscenities at passers by and do a little RP. Maybe do a little pillaging too. Pillaging is fun.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fine, but if we are playing this version then do a list of nations picked already.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hurrr, why does every game has to take eternity to start?

You are remarkably impatient for such a skilled Dominions player :lol: . And if I know the Codex, we'll need a week to start. Plus what the heck are those Diamond Guardians?

I doubt there are going to be any tryhards in a game like this.

:lol:

Well, back to the saddle (a day earlier even!). Let's see what the game offers....

I'd love to take Gaelinia: Advent of the Slave for RP reasons (it's in the name, you see) but they simply lack the playstyle I like (Blood magic, hmpfh).

Let's go Monkey, for once. I take Calgaya, Song Order.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Fine, but if we are playing this version then do a list of nations picked already.

You are lazy.

Grimwulf - Tecaburg, Realm of the Final Abyss
Dreaad - Chaninn, Rotting Rise
Mraston - Djarnis, Wasteland Realm
Andnjord - Vindorf, Pure Valley
KoolNoodles - Atlnom, Realm of the Unlcean Hunger
Muty - Siris, Obelisk of Death
Caul Shivers - Vindorf again. Technically, Andnjord was the first to pick it, but I'm no judge here
Dayyālu - Calgaya, Song Order

Plus what the heck are those Diamond Guardians?

Did you see the last Mad Max movie? Imagine that all my units and commanders are ordinary wasteland dwellers, and Diamond Guardians are motherfucking trucks.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You are remarkably impatient

Yes, I am.

For those of you who want to play some sp tests, here is a temporary solution:

udxqwmtblt.jpg

69 provinces, all desert, all small type (less population, income and res). Download this archive:
https://d.maxfile.ro/ugjbwnaalb.rar
and unzip it in your maps folder. The map is called "Wasteland3". Still waiting for Caul Shivers to upload the true one, but I was bored and impatient, because all my games are stalled.

Edit: another question on settings for Caul Shivers: do we leave all multiples (money, resources, supplies) at 100%, or do you plan to lower them as well?

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Yeah, I have the map ready but the game won't accept predefined starts once again for whatever reason and I keep ending up with a displaced start here and there, though I really shouldn't. There are no #nostart provinces. There are no thrones to displace starts when I test them yet I keep encountering the problem.

Don't really have time to whack my brain on this anymore so if anyone has any fucking idea, I'm open to suggestions. I'll create the game tonight btw. Here's the map with 10, supposedly, fixed starts andprovinces set to 1k pop

And yeah, standard gold/resources settings.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Ehm, someone mentioned it? Why does everything need to have a reason dammit!

Let's go with no custom starts then and if two players start next to it other we'll restart. With 10 players most players will be separated by 1 province anyway sit should be balanced-ish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom