Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Pink Natajara

Which era do you prefer?

• EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • LA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voting is for democrats!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Aren't you that guy from the First Law Trilogy?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yes, I know, every unit counts, but at least add enough gems?

Have you tested it? Even without gems... it makes for a rather interesting kind of game. Vey different from the stock Dominions. And you have your starting site! DO YA NEED ANYTHING ELSE?

If the Wastelands have a built in +20 bonus to sites, we can set it to 5 or 10 and be happy.

The beauty of beating with a broken rock a diseased fucker because you want that site in a diseased ridden province with 200 people tops is kinda fun.

But of course someone will try to minmax.

First, Caul Shivers post that goddamn map.

Second, JagreenLern post your goddamn choice or I will resurrect the memories of the past Dominion games and that Aurora match. I know that maybe you have an hectic schedule, but we had time to check and choose. C'mon.

Dayyālu

Arcane
After wasting some time in tests, I now recognize we're unwittingly recreating Dark Sun.

Mul%20-%20Rikus%20in%20charge%20or%20army.jpg

Requesting everyone to select a Dragon as the pretender chassis for maximum larping

Caul Shivers After checking the map, go with 0 or 5 even. Plenty of stuff in the Throne provinces. Surspisingly indie 9 is not that big a problem as it seemed.

Last edited:

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Yes, I know, every unit counts, but at least add enough gems?
Have you tested it? Even without gems... it makes for a rather interesting kind of game. Vey different from the stock Dominions. And you have your starting site! DO YA NEED ANYTHING ELSE?

If you want to know how this type of game looks like with a ton of gems look here; The Prince of Nothing.

Nobody really had the sense to take a rainbow pretender in that game other than me, so it just kinda turned into a game where I steamrolled over everyone with a crapton of summons. It was fun, but the point of the game was kinda lost. That's why I'd like little to no gems this time.
So let's settle on 10 then. With the waste bonus and the thrones there should still be quite enough.

Dayyālu, the fixed version of the map's about 150 miles from me now but it's uploaded to Llamaserver. You just need the image and not the dm.file to play.
If you need the map for testing purposes this one with the broken fucking starts is quite basically the same.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Caul Shivers

Just checked the settings on game page. Score graphs on? That makes the diplo kinda straight-forward, no? When everybody knows everything about everyone, weeell.

Totally your call, though. I'm fine both ways.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Caul Shivers

Just checked the settings on game page. Score graphs on? That makes the diplo kinda straight-forward, no? When everybody knows everything about everyone, weeell.

Totally your call, though. I'm fine both ways.

You afraid someone will notice on the score graphs that massive army you're hiding behind your walls? Or the insane gold income you have to support it? How about province count? If you grab about 50 provinces people might start to notice that income boost.

But let's shut down score graphs. Not like they'll be showing anything and it makes the game a bit more diplo oriented.

EDIT: Actually there's an option to just see your own score graphs so let's use that.
Also the thrones are set as
9 level 1
6 level 2
3 level 3
for a total of 30 VP and 12 VP to win (40%)
DOUBLE EDIT: Though considering you can't fort up thrones even 40% seems way too high.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You afraid someone will notice on the score graphs that massive army you're hiding behind your walls?

I don't have any stealthy/glam troops, so I don't really care. But some guys might try to pretend poor and weak, while sneaking deep in enemy turf.

EDIT: Actually there's an option to just see your own score graphs so let's use that.

That means that even spies cannot reveal score graphs. Maybe we can just set it to "score graphs off"?
+M

Dayyālu

Arcane
Also the thrones are set as
9 level 1
6 level 2
3 level 3
for a total of 30 VP and 12 VP to win (40%)
DOUBLE EDIT: Though considering you can't fort up thrones even 40% seems way too high.

I'd prefer less Thrones, higher value for the win. With those settings some Level 3 defenders will be a bitch to take on. Maybe 20 Throne points (we are only, what, 6-7 players, no?) and 12 Vp required?. Or this will help Awake rushers too much (if someone is so unsportmanlike!). And low settings would advantage nation with H3 recruitables a tad too much. But I'm a noob, it's up to ya.

It's possible to fort Thrones even with these game conditions, it only requires sacrifices.

And I'd reiterate my request for obligatory Dragon pretenders :obviously:

Andnjord

Arcane
And I'd reiterate my request for obligatory Dragon pretenders :obviously:
I'm up for that.

EDIT: I feel like it's gonna be FUN moving those gluttonous stacks of hoburgs around the wasteland.

At least I know what my RP style is going to be: starved hoburgs roaming around the wasteland desperately scavenging for food. FUN!

Last edited:

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Can't really reset thrones till I know who's still in. It seems we're down to 8? Get your damn pretenders in!
Anyway, I was thinking around players x3 VP and 40% required for win.
2 level 3
4 level 2
6 level 1,
If we're 7-8 players.

Dragons don't work for me. I need a Serpent Serpent to rule my lizard lizards. I'm pretty much throwing everything in my Serpent Serpent pretender.

That means that even spies cannot reveal score graphs. Maybe we can just set it to "score graphs off"?
+M

But what's the point in disabling them completely then? There's really no downside to it. Enemies can't see it and it makes it easier to follow your own progress. Kinda hard to keep track how fast your dominion is spreading without graphs.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dragons don't work for me. I need a Serpent Serpent to rule my lizard lizards. I'm pretty much throwing everything in my Serpent Serpent pretender.

But but but Dragons ruling cities as God-kings in a blasted magical wasteland created by hobbits hobbitses halflings hoburgs is the best thing ever

86814_tumblr_llks632oe21qh84iao1_500.jpg

I understand. Even my favoured pret build would be kinda wrecked by the compulsory Dragon choice, but we are the RPG Codex, dammit. it's to respect the will and the traditions of our ancestors! (If no one wants it, I'll back down. But it would be a lulzy and thematic choice).

Caul Shivers

Scholar
You call that a theme?

No one expects the Gaelinian inquisition!

Inqusitor_zpszfzexjxa.jpg

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency...
Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the lizard lizards.

Also, you will note that our Inquisitors are ambidextrous from all the pitcher wielding.

"Biggles, fetch the pitcher! Cardinal, splash her with sacred water! Confess! Confess!"

No doubt this is why my inquisitors play a crucial role opposed to the savage naked man.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
My theme is meth-ridden maddened naked men. No lulz. Only serious business.

drnceqytvb.jpg
[/
QUOTE]

That makes perfect sense: The people, for no real reason that they can see, wildly obey these cowardly goat fuckers who occupy the lowest rung of society. It just means that everyone in your society is basically insane.

Andnjord

Arcane
Submit your Pretenders, lazy arses

Where's my quest compass link to the game server conveniently placed in the OP?:rpgcodex:

Dayyālu my bro, if we both submit Dragon pretenders then I swear an oath of mutual friendship and concord. Together we will rule the wasteland! (bonus Kodex Kool Kredits for the first one to backstab the other).

Dayyālu

Arcane
Where's my quest compass link to the game server conveniently placed in the OP?:rpgcodex:

Dayyālu my bro, if we both submit Dragon pretenders then I swear an oath of mutual friendship and concord. Together we will rule the wasteland! (bonus Kodex Kool Kredits for the first one to backstab the other).

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Pink_Natajara

No one respects the old settings anymore, dreaming only of cocaine and Lizards :negative:

The Codex is going down the drain. If only I had the Dracolich as a Pretender choice, I always liked Dregoth.... I will have to be like the others, unimaginative fun haters.

Andnjord

Arcane
I will have to be like the others, unimaginative fun haters.
So be it, my glorious dragon shall rule alone!

Actually a dragon is not a bad choice for what I have in mind, just not very optimal. Then again who needs optimization when you have kopesh wielding hoburgs?

Andnjord

Arcane
Fear the mighty Gourmephtys, Lord of the Wasteland, He who leads to the Great Banquet, the Purveyor of Nutriments, Seeker of the Holy Water, Guide of the Vindorfian people!
latest

"So, I heard you guys needed food or something? Don't worry little hoburgs, I'll lead you to the greatest banquet you can find in this land."

Mraston

Learned
I already made a mage instead of a dragon pretender. Is this guy OK?

madmaxripoffs7.jpg

Ualgo the Arch Mage of The Wasteland, Ualgo the Many Times Burnt and the Many Times Reconstructed, Ualgo of the Ash.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ah fuck it guys Im in. I narrowed my pick to four nations will decide later today.

Okay I've had a look at the nations.... and since game hasn't started and no one has taken it. I'm switching to Illdorf.

So Channin is free again if any of you want to abuse those chaos recruitment thugs. Illdorf 4 life.

TBH other than excellent thugs and sacreds the nation has rather weak magic. Unlike Illdorf. But Illdorf has worse troops.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom