Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Play By Email - Game Complete!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Are we doing drafting or what? Not a huge fan of "I pick this nation and that's it", because some are inherently better than others. Though I guess with this amount of people maybe it won't be so bad. And what's the decision on Ermor/R'lyeh.

Edit: And somebody should try Caelum, because why not?

Edit2: Also probably don't want to pick Agartha, because that map has no caves.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Also if we're not drafting or anything, I'll pick Ragha, because it's new and I'll have no idea what I'm doing.

Mraston

Learned
Waiting on 3 more pretenders and then we can get this party started!

Zibniyat

Arcane
From what I know, it is a display bug with llamaserver, but it will not affect the game in any other way. So you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Mraston

Learned
As soon as I get home from work I will send out the first turn.

I'm thinking of making the first 12 or so turns have a 24 hour turn limit so we can get things rolling and then extend it to 48 hours.

Mraston

Learned
Looks like it's started! I thought I had to press a "start game" button, but Llamaserver has done that for me when as soon as the game filled up.

Edit:

Sorry, I need to let one more player in, the game will roll back to waiting for pretenders stage, then a new first turn will be sent out!

Double Edit:

It begins!

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Just a quick question: did you mean to have thrones in the end? Because there are 6 lvl 1 thrones and 6 points to win, which is the default I believe. Also, the time limit plan you have set out sounds good to me. 24hr for the first year or so, and 48hr after that.

Mraston

Learned
It was my intention to not have thrones. I had "no thrones of ascension victory" selected when I set up the game, so maybe the map defaults to having them?

If the Thrones are there, I guess it's time to capture them!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I mean, it's not a huge deal. With 6 thrones and 6 points, basically you have to wipe everyone out anyways to win, just like intended. And level 1 thrones are really weak in terms of conferring any sort of advantage. The only ones in our game that might be okay are the +5 resistance ones and +1 Order(for a nation that wants Order), but even that is nothing much.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Llamaserver seems to having issues updating at the moment, so might not get a confirmation email right away when you send a turn in.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
siren.gif
Berekän and That-Guy-Who-Is-Playing-Chelms, please submit your turns!
siren.gif

Dayyālu

Arcane
Can you kindly set the server timer to 24 hours, Mraston ? The set up is 48 hours from what I can see.

For the basic moves of the first turns, we do not need two days.

And Man should send his/her/its turn, please. Fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom