Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Season 3 - The Geriatric Wars

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I put a delay in because of timing issues, and maybe(probably) some people needed one.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
51470542.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
Did my turn, but I'll extend till the evening anyway, old people should not be hurried lest they break a hip or send their best caster to attack separately from the main army.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Never do something today that you can leave for tomorrow!

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Goddammit, this Wild Hunt is more annoying to fight than in the Witcher!

July, did my Ghost Riders just somehow end up sieging Land of Plenty (83)? Weren't they supposed to disappear?

Yeah, Wild Hunt seems to be more effective compared to vengeful water. Odin and pals have killed at least four Agartha's throne claimers during past two turns.

Ghost riders seem to be sieging my fort indeed. Maybe they want to fight before disappearing and I think I didn't have PD there.

Also... Agartha has taken also that throne in the middle of Pelagia's lands?! 65 or something, dont' have Dominions opne now. And Pelagia retaliated by attacking me? Have you all given up already?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah I saw that, wtf Pelagia? Kingmaking? Can't have that my friend. Edit:hosting postponed 6hrs because tradition.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, since most everyone hasn't submitted yet, I guess we can postpone a bit more, kinda busy (and lazy) tonight.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well, since most everyone hasn't submitted yet, I guess we can postpone a bit more, kinda busy (and lazy) tonight.

I was going to post tonight after work but yeah, do what you gotta. Since a win seems pretty close....

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hey, you never know :) Gotta think things through carefully till the very end.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Guys, do not postpone for me. Some serious shit is going on, basically the house next to mine has been illegally occupied, I've got police coming and going, lot of problems, no fixed internet connection and some anger management issue... If problems persists I'll go AI, the game is nearly over anyway. I'm terribly sorry

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Guys, do not postpone for me. Some serious shit is going on, basically the house next to mine has been illegally occupied, I've got police coming and going, lot of problems, no fixed internet connection and some anger management issue... If problems persists I'll go AI, the game is nearly over anyway. I'm terribly sorry

Wow! Ok, duly noted. Hope everything turns out well. :salute:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, that's it my friends. Got enough thrones, and even the Lord of the Hunt has fallen.

It was an honor and a pleasure to play with you. Credit for the victory is shared by Pelagia and Pythium who remained allies/kingmakers till the very end, and Grimwulf for his tactical tips and friendly chats on strategy throughout the game.

Unfortunately, the world I am to rule after my ascension is a dead, desolate place. In Agartha, once strong and deep, only statues remain alive to bear witness to victory, paid for by the life of an entire world.

The victory of the Agarthans:

Since this was my first game ever (Decline 2 was a sub) I feel I owe it an AAR, detailed as laziness permits (I'm very lazy). Not before next week probably, I'm away for the weekend :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Good song choice! Well done! I kind of gave up on trying to win and set some basic goals(sorta accomplished). That's no knock on you though, you had more aggressive expansion in the previous wars, and it was only a matter of time. No sense stalling the inevitable. What a sad game.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Endgame treasury of somebody who just doesn't know what to do anymore and keeps forging/summoning stuff. I think I had 10 golems outfitted and ready to teleport around but....meh. Agartha had about 2,000 statues. :) Those Agartha summons seem to scale well and get kinda crazy as the game goes on.

q6rJqeS.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm a bit sorry I didn't get to fight you head-on KoolNoodles. Could have delayed claiming the thrones (I saw you were massing armies on my borders) but lategame is a pain and I didn't have the stamina to prolong the game if I didn't need to :)
I wonder what would have happened. Your front lines probably couldn't hold up to mine, but your Golems and such would have been a problem, I had very few thugs of my own.

Kudos to C'tis for putting up a great fight, and being the only one to kill several of my Oracles of the Ancients - as well as Golog, the hero. I just had overwhelming economic advantage, it was like 4 of my Ghost Riders per turn to his one. And still he managed to counter-raid me to a stalemate with vampires, if not beat my army.

But well, mass sentinels supported by Oracles and Demon Lords are not easy to beat. I had a very strong nation and was lucky to conquer some B1 indies as well. As you say, Sentinels scale pretty well and are just overall solid. No real weakness, and Hall of Statues ensures that they are not even going to be outnumbered too badly. Only significant losses were against Nazca AI with a ton of casters throwing mass close-range evocations during the cap siege. Also I was drunk and forgot to modify the script for the storming of the fort :)

Oh yeah, and while there wasn't much super-secret intrigue going on on my end, if someone doesn't want something revealed if/when I do the AAR, please say so in PM or whatnot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom