Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Small Disciple Teams game (Complete)

Are you interested and willing to play? Also what era interests you most.

• Yes I want in

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No I want out

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • LA

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ah right, as for settings we will use slightly increased magic site number, common events, no story events (since they can be extremely imbalanced) and default gold/resources.

As for mods we will use UW expanded and Worthy Heroes.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I vote to use UW expanded only if someone is foolish enough to pick UW nations. Only Atlantis and the Starspawns are adequate in MA, and if they aren't picked UW is useless. Plus a big UW patch is incoming, you know better than me. Better not risk anything.

And even if UW is employed MA Atlantis is criminally weak.

I vote Standard Research, and all the others settings are good for me.

I couldnt find a dice so just googled random number generator sites (two) and did it there. What, you think I cheated or something? Seems balanced to me.

Nah, it's just me being paranoid.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I vote to use UW expanded only if someone is foolish enough to pick UW nations. Only Atlantis and the Starspawns are adequate in MA, and if they aren't picked UW is useless. Plus a big UW patch is incoming, you know better than me. Better not risk anything.

And even if UW is employed MA Atlantis is criminally weak.

I vote Standard Research, and all the others settings are good for me.

Yes, research standard. I like UW expanded even if there are no uw nations as it allows land nations to get uw easier too. But Im open on that.

Only level 2 and 3 thrones. Points required for victory: half + 1

(?)

More or less.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Team 1 will ban Ashdod because I don't like thinking about bans and nobody likes giants(stomping them).

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I know I wasn't particularly good about taking my turns in the game I was in a while back, but I'd like to sign up for this one if it's ok with you guys.

EDIT: Just checked the thread, seems like the teams are full. Let me know if there's room for me.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I know I wasn't particularly good about taking my turns in the game I was in a while back, but I'd like to sign up for this one if it's ok with you guys.

EDIT: Just checked the thread, seems like the teams are full. Let me know if there's room for me.

Want to be on the sub list?

Dayyālu

Arcane

Go to the Decline6 Thread, we should have free places there. If raw gets that one going, of course.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Good luck guys! I'm sorry I couldn't join you on this one, but I'll be following and hoping for an AAR or something :)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A short review of the ban phase by me - I will try to speculate on the picks that could emerge from it as I see it. Probably wrong because bans could be fuelled by feelings rather than a particular strat but oh well.

Ban on Ashdod - Ashdod is a very solid MA nation with excellent troops but limited by its mediocre magic diversity on its mages ie lack of crosspaths. That having said its an extremely solid choice for any order/production based strat. Goes well with stuff like Ulm and has great summons that could be better utilized by pooling gems - and those can be cast by the disciple made for them. It also has great blood summons if paired with a blood nation or given a blood disciple. Another thing - Ashdod has good access to magic weapons making certain nations way weaker. Ashdod ban could mean turmoil strat (as to deny the enemy this solid order pick) or a pick geared towards stuff that Ashdod somewhat counters - elves fear magic weapons since it pops mistform, massed skeletons fear EQ that Ashdod can dish out liberally ignoring damage to its own troops. And of course with great sacreds Ashdod is a threat to any nation that isnt great in early game.

Ban on Ulm - Ulm is another solid order pick in MA, especially useful in team games due to forging ability. So either more hate on order strats or simply banning a nation that can be easily used by anyone and be relatively strong. Ulm also counters Agartha with iron blizzards (double dmg to statues) so the banning team could have been aiming for that.

Ban on Vanheim - elf hate, more or less. Vanheim has probably the best sacreds in MA and is amazingly strong for bless rushing. Loves order too. Either every team wants to take a turmoil strat or something thats hard to play early game and fears the elf power. Or hates elves, since theyre sneaky bastards and deserve all the hate theyre getting. Man, fuck elves.

Ban on Agartha - this one is easy since it was me. I dont have a chance to pick Agartha since Im 4 on the list so its better to ban it. Agartha has ridiculously good summons that are usually hard to counter and in disciple games can be pooled even more gems from its allies. Sure, it can only be played one way to be this efficient but it is a strong game worth playing. Removing it is basic in any game, either via ganging or banning, if possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom