Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Dominions 5 - Decline Thirty Something: The Return to Madness

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by KoolNoodles, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    Sorry, I would like to change back to Niefelheim again. I don't feel confident playing a nation with a crippled start and good late game potential against players that have tons more experience :D

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    As is generally customary, 24hrs for the first two years, maybe moving up to 48hrs after if agreed upon. Extensions granted on request.

^ Top  
  3. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    Sometimes, it doesn't work too well: I am playing a disciple game with the turn timer still set to 28h at turn 50 because too many of the other players have too much free time, so the vote to lenghten the turns didn't pass :D

^ Top  
  4. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    I'd prefer to get to 12 at least.

Also still thinking on my pick.

^ Top  
  5. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    I kinda think Mekone is not as bad as people say. Although I'd much prefer it the Ephors didn't have the (lamely hidden) always old trait and you could use unaging on them - they are pretty decent light thugs even with the old age.

^ Top  
  6. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Its not bad, its extremely cap centric and falls off in bigger games like a rock.

Also not sure if its hidden or is it the F magic effect. They got F right?

^ Top  
  7. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    They got F, but it's a specific always old trait (or whatever it's called). I actually reported it as a bug once that unaging doesn't work on them and was told that it's intentional. They could have indicated it in the description at least, like in one of the LA TC mages.

But having decent high hp mages that are mostly E2 or F2 from all forts and that can become thugs with minor gear is not too bad.

^ Top  
  8. Infinitum Scholar

Infinitum
    Eh. 50% of Gerontes can still light thug fine with an unaging bless, and Archons are recruit anywhere now. I'd be more worried about the dominion effect actively fucking the economy and popkilling forts.

EDIT: No, wait. It's about 50/50 for both Gerontes/Ephors whether they start out old with unaging. Youngest ones starts around ~219 years in testing. Shame about the lack of starting equipment though.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    ^ Top  
  9. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    Ooooh, I didn't notice they made archons recruit anywhere! Pretty cool. Gerontes are also always old, unfortunately :(

^ Top  
  10. Infinitum Scholar

Infinitum
    Anyhow, it's been almost a week since the thread opened. Don't think anyone else on the codex that hasn't joined already will do so anytime soon. KoolNoodles?

^ Top  
  11. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Alright. Do you guys want llama or discord then? Discord would allow for easily getting randos into the game and easy chat etc. Llama would be if we just want this group here as I'm too lazy to recruit, though....could maybe grab a couple. MAYBE. Either way, I'm going to make a custom map so people need to pick their final nations. ;)

^ Top  
  12. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    ^ Top  
  13. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    DiscordBot is much more convenient but I can live with llama.

^ Top  
  14. Berekän #11231 Patron

Berekän
    I'm going with Pangaea then, Discord's cool.

^ Top  
  15. Infinitum Scholar

Infinitum
    I'm ok with either

^ Top  
  16. coldcrow Prophet Patron

coldcrow
    I am with Llama.

^ Top  
  17. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    How does discord bots work? I haven't rly played with them before.

^ Top  
  18. Infinitum Scholar

Infinitum
    They use the ingame network functionality, are set up through discord and have a bunch of functionality through discord as well. Pro: Don't have to fiddle with email Con: do have to fiddle the saves into a different folder before the turn turning over if you want to archive old turns. Neutral: Get a discord channel to fuck around with to the chagrin of forum lurkers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    I'll switch to Agartha. Mekone doesn't seem that weak after the patch for them, but ultimately just boring for me, at least didn't find a build that I'd really enjoyed.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    I considered Agartha but many strong (giants and elves) nations got picked and I was scared. Not afraid of getting rushed?

^ Top  
  21. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    Isn't Agartha strong relatively early? I once got stomped by a horde of magma children early year 2 in a blitz.

^ Top  
  22. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    It used to be but nowadays you just need to take fire resistance and basically are immune to magma children and thats the best Agartha has early on. Well that and cave start, that helps a bit...

^ Top  
  23. coldcrow Prophet Patron

coldcrow
    "Fiddling" with email is hardly noticeable, but I really hate what discord does to forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Catacombs Magister Patron

Catacombs
    Still looking for an extra player? I'm definitely a noob but looking to learn with real people. I'd vote for Llama, fwiw.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    I'd rather use the bot. It doesn't really require you to use Discord at all necessarily, you can just communicate here and directly connect to the game.

There's nothing set up yet so extra players should be fine

I'll make sure to have enough stones to throw to survive the typical kodexian 4v1 early war.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.