Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 5 Pairs Game (2 forums)

Olinser

Savant
OK, so as in the other thread, taking signups for a 2v2v2v2v2vX..... game, posted on this forum and another forum with some people I've played several games with, looking to get started in a few days as I assume it will be a little slow over the post-New years week.

Since its between 2 forums I will probably create a Discord for it, unless somebody has some other means of communication cross-forum they wanted to suggest?

This will be an unmodded game with default settings, but everything is open to discussion.

Currently planning on MA, unless anybody on either forum has strong feelings about a EA or LA game.

Feel free to sign up as either solo, or as part of a pair, as we get to the end I'll randomly assign teams if nobody has a partner they know or are interested in.

Current Signups:

Awaiting Team:

Olinser (Nazca)
lord_khaine (Ashdod)
Bing Xi Lao
Zippier Zippy (Uruk)

Complete Teams:
Houlio + TheHellbug
KoolNoodles + Squeecoo
Coldcrow + Dayyalu (Scleria + Caelum)
Manticoran + Thrantar (C'Tis + Pangaea)

Last edited:
Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I could play but I only have 110 hours and no MP experience, so I don't know if imposing my noobery on a teammate is a good idea.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Ok then, I'll join. But I've also joined two Enhanced games; I've seen how to switch mods on the main menu, very convenient, but will the game remind me if I try to load a game up with the wrong mod active?

Olinser

Savant
OK I'll add you both to the solo pool for now, I'll wait until Squeecoo posts before I add them to the list.

Olinser

Savant
Well we're already up to 6 that gives us 3 pairs, hopefully we'll get at least a few more.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm most likely up for it as well :) No meme bless for me this time though. Or... an even stupider memebless.

Olinser

Savant
I'm most likely up for it as well :) No meme bless for me this time though. Or... an even stupider memebless.

OK great I'll add you to the solo pool for now.

If any of you guys see a partner you want to go with, go ahead and let me know, otherwise I'll just randomly assign them at the end when it looks like there are no more signups.

Olinser

Savant
OK so we're up to 7 people total which would make 3.5 teams.

There's a couple guys that are kind of waffling, they'll let me know by the end of the day Sunday, but are there any others on this forum that are interested, or that any of you guys could pull in?

I was kind of hoping for 5-7 teams.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I am in, teaming up with Dayyalu.

BING XI LAO You only have to start the game with the correct mods (or have them present in terms of a received .trn file), after that the game will load the mods automatically.

Olinser

Savant
Great! Anybody else that you think might be persuaded to join? We're at an odd number of people.

Olinser

Savant
Also, anybody have an idea for the map? I was initially thinking Peliwyr, but I think it might be too small now that it appears we'll have at least 5 (and maybe 6 by the end) teams.

Thoughts? Or we could always just sacrifice small animals to RNJesus and go full RNG.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sceleria?? Oh god.

We could always use that cartographic revision thing, that makes pretty decent maps.

Olinser

Savant
All right well we're up 2 more people, but still have an odd number, I'm seeing if we can get 1 more from somewhere to fill out, but I think that will probably max it out, so that would be 6 teams.

I have zero experience making a map myself, so I'm a little hesitant to do that, but there are hundreds of maps already uploaded to llamaserver, I'll have to see if we can find a good one.

What size are you guys thinking with 6 teams (12 people), I'm thinking we want about 200-250 provinces?

Olinser

Savant
OK, so we are up to 5 teams, and 3 solo players awaiting teams.

Does anybody know 1 more person that would be interested to round out the teams? That would give us 7 teams total.

Olinser

Savant
Well we're still at an odd number and doesn't really look like anybody else from either forum is coming, so what's everybody's opinion on how to proceed?

I could scout the Dom 5 steam/discords for a rando, the last team could be a team of 3, or somebody could volunteer to go solo.

Olinser

Savant
Good news everybody, I have successfully located a last player to fill out the group!

If nobody has a preference as to who they are teamed up with the solo teams, I will random it out later today, then we just need to select races and agree upon a map and we are off to the races!

Olinser

Savant
Also, I went ahead and created a discord link as we have people from 2 different forums (and outside either forum), to ease communication, trash talking, and general skullduggery.

Joining discord not required, but will be very difficult to get ahold of some players otherwise.

https://discord.gg/8ZGrCfP

Olinser

Savant
Hey just a quick update for the guys not in teh discord.

Because I am apparently not a human but a subspecies of retarded monkey, the password for the original game doesn't work. I tried to email llamabeast but haven't seen any response.

I went ahead and created a new game with the same settings, the name is just GITPCodex, please resubmit your pretenders to that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom