Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Dayyālu

Arcane
:lol:

Your sloppy provocation attempts are not even funny. Except this one:

It's not provocation, it's a description. I would pack up and go AI if both you and KN were going for me.

It's not doable, mate.

igkyuw.jpg

HEY! You are stealing my idea! That was the proposal I did to Oceania on the FIRST TURN to mantain until Mondblut would come along.

Get your own peace treaties, wily Slav :argh:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It's not provocation, it's a description. I would pack up and go AI if both you and KN were going for me.

"It's not a provocation", - says Dayyalu and keeps provoking. Nobody goes for anything, despite your best attempts. Me and KN are just trying to solve things as civilized giants turkeys people.

HEY! You are stealing my idea! That was the proposal I did to Oceania on the FIRST TURN to mantain until Mondblut would come along.

Get your own peace treaties, wily Slav :argh:

I am doing it right now. Trying to negotiate peace between these decent gentlemen. Why do you have to interfere?

I don't know what you two were talking about back then. Maybe you were not convincing enough? Oceania should think hard about those borders, and take new circumstances into consideration.

Dayyālu

Arcane
:lol:

Grimmie. Teh Alcohol. It kills.

Think of how boring my games would be if you die of failed liver or sumthin'

Think of me, pliz

(I was simply giving some tactical hints to Dim - nothing strategical, I would not dare - , as he asked quite openly "what he did wrong". Better to lessen the shitpostin' and leave the space to proper players here, truth be told).

mondblut

Arcane
Oh, come on, what's the point of 4-province Switzerlands all over the map? :lol: The women of Therodos would rather fall in a grorious last stand, then watch the seas turn red from the wrath of Niefel jarls from above, and smile.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You just want fire resistance items because no one else will make you any :rpgcodex:

Nah, I'm good. No thanks to you.

:rpgcodex:

Therodos can make all kinds of items, though. Cap-only midgets have beautiful cross-paths combined with Master Smith trait; and surfacers get forging discount. God, would I love to Hellbind some of those

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
:hahyou:

Comrade we all know that if you were Oceania in this game and you started right next to a population killing dominion like Theredos..... which admitted to having a dom 10 pretender..... you would wipe him out immediately. There is absolutely no reason to share water with any other water nation, you kill everything else that swims so that later on you stand a chance against the land nations. Plus it's an easy +1 capital (ideally before the population drops bellow 10,000), well it didn't end up so easy this time around :lol:, so good work to Dayy and Mond :salute:.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Comrade we all know that if you were Oceania in this game and you started right next to a population killing dominion like Theredos..... which admitted to having a dom 10 pretender..... you would wipe him out immediately.

What makes you think that? My game as MA Oceania in dom3mods? Well, I kicked everybody else outta of UW, because I was the only tru UW nation - everybody else were half-breeds (Agartha, Xibalba).

Attacking anything during year 1 is almost always harmful for the attacker just as much as for the defending side. So no, I would not attack head-on. Especially Therodos, which I could beat UW any day. Therodos is incredibly weak UW, and only on surface it really shines.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
It just doesn't make sense. One assumes his dominion effect would wipe out half the people in your pond if you didn't act immediately. Why risk that happening? Why not just kill him asap, it's not like one of the land nations is going to come in and get you while you're weak. Even if you do take casualties and get slowed down you end up with +6 gems, +200-500 gold per turn. Which more than makes up for some losses. I don't know, if it was me and I had an awake Earth Serpent I would also just attack.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
One assumes his dominion effect would wipe out half the people in your pond if you didn't act immediately.

Don't be dramatic, it's not MA Ermor. Slow-ass popkilling (1% of CURRENT population per SPREADED candle (not max dominion)) barely matters at all. The only one who truly suffers from that dominion effect is Therodos itself - it starts with 15k population in cap. Yet another reason to ignore the hemorroidal year one siege for a shitty 15k province - better rush for a coastal farm, maybe you can even fortify it before surfacers get there.

Even if you do take casualties and get slowed down you end up with +6 gems, +200-500 gold per turn

6 gems in vanilla EA settings is nothing. Some regular indy provinces bring you more. 500gp? From Therodos cap? Just no.

I don't know, if it was me and I had an awake Earth Serpent I would also just attack.

Then why do you accuse me? :argh:

I'd rather forget about half of the pond for the time being and started my own forts, surface included. Then MAYBE invaded Therodos at year 2, depending on trade/diplo relations. Or rather jumped on a weakened surfacer in alliance with somebody else.

Look at Oceania now - a nation that has literally nothing, except for that shitty pond that cannot be even protected in case of invasion. What was the point of starting that war? What was the point of dragging it once it became clear that shit got out of hand?

But more interesting, why does mondblut always get in the same situation?:lol: Must be karma.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
But more interesting, why does mondblut always get in the same situation?:lol: Must be karma.

I am a turtling incarnate, and I'd never waste my scales/blessing/magic diversity for something having so little shelf life as an awake/combat pretender. Which, I guess, makes me a tempting target for aspiring early rushers.

Also, I cannot into diplomacy ;)

mondblut

Arcane
Don't be dramatic, it's not MA Ermor. Slow-ass popkilling (1% of CURRENT population per SPREADED candle (not max dominion)) barely matters at all.

Better yet, it's growth 2 dominion. We of Therodos do not practice genocide, we merely legalize euthanasia.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Then why do you accuse me? :argh:
I'm not accusing you of anything I wouldn't do :D I'm just fairly certain you would have at least tried to go for the easy kill in that situation, maybe changed your mind if it went badly. But what do I know, I can barely see straight atm.

giphy.gif

This is good Dominions strategy, everyone should be drunk today anyways. Time to fuck drunk this turn up. :salute:

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Its the conciliatory prize for second to die. Wait, why did Theo get growth if Theo has popkill. :wut: Why did Theo try for a turtle game? So 90 gold and 6 gems really was not worth it. Should have domkilled.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Wait, why did Theo get growth if he has popkill.

To offset popkill, obviously. Less popkill = moar taxes.

Strange nation, this one. Underwater, but sucking there, having zero non-cap recruitment there, and mandatory to settle above to have a chance to succeed. Popkilling, yet more reliant on recruitment, as going all freespawn makes it just a shittier Lemuria. Casters are N above anything, but no built-in N income. All national summons are D, but the only D access is 1/5 random 1D on a cap-only StR. It almost sounds like deliberate trolling of guide-writers. :lol:

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Oh if only Theo started in a two province puddle instead of the big puddle, at least the UW issues would have been solved.

mondblut

Arcane
Oh if only Theo started in a two province puddle instead of the big puddle, at least the UW issues would have been solved.

Alas, I bet the map considers that an unthinkable start for an "UW" nation :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom