Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Oh if only Theo started in a two province puddle instead of the big puddle, at least the UW issues would have been solved.

Alas, I bet the map considers that an unthinkable start for an "UW" nation :roll:

That's just Dreaad's custom script. In normal version one of those smaller puddles would have been your most likely starting place. :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Oh if only Theo started in a two province puddle instead of the big puddle, at least the UW issues would have been solved.

Alas, I bet the map considers that an unthinkable start for an "UW" nation :roll:

Actually if you load up the game with two UW nations, there is a possibility to start in those ponds. You just got unlucky.

We should have maybe done this one:
http://www.desura.com/games/dominio...oaring-cave-rhinos-170-land-16-sea-wraparound

Sea is more connected so there's not really chance of starting next to each other and there's more room to move.

Also, in this thread ephafn(good guy) ran a no-start script on the map we're playing that might have resulted in some better starts all around(though I think we've been mostly good).

http://www.desura.com/games/dominio...ane-of-rusty-caves-144-land-12-sea-wraparound

Hey, that ephafn's script might just be the one we are running. Good job finding it. Its only UW starting locations are three provinces next to each other in the big puddle.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey, that ephafn's script might just be the one we are running. Good job finding it. Its only UW starting locations are three provinces next to each other in the big puddle.

Hmm, if that's the case then it's not a good script(for multiple underwater), but it's not the one we are running. The one in the OP is what Dreaad linked to(same link/size), and can get those different starts currently.

Hmm, if that's the case then it's not a good script(for multiple underwater), but it's not the one we are running. The one in the OP is what Dreaad linked to(same link/size), and can get those different starts currently.

Except we aren't running the one Dreaad linked. We are running a map script that some unknown person uploaded to llamaserver with description "reduced bad starts" and which Dreaad picked from llamaserver's map list.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Except we aren't running the one Dreaad linked. We are running a map script that some unknown person uploaded to llamaserver with description "reduced bad starts" and which Dreaad picked from llamaserver's map list.

Oohhh. I see. Hmm. Well, I downloaded from the link in Dreaad's OP. Wonder how that worked. :lol:

mondblut

Arcane
That's just Dreaad's custom script. In normal version one of those smaller puddles would have been your most likely starting place. :)

Truth is, those small puddles are horrible starting places of UW nations. It's just that Therodos happens to be a surface nation with UW capital, and that's beyond the game's terrain code to handle adequately :roll:

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Theredos is definitely playable, a troll nation yes, but no where near as bad as EA Rlyeh or Yomi. For me the main issue is a lack of good researchers unless you use death gems for the national summons..... except that you get no death gem income and no death mages.
:retarded:

I also really didn't like a scales build with them (I know a lot of people seem to think it's the better option) I much preferred a strong bless and an awake SC pretender because expanding with ghosts UW is impossible considering how many you get. Going above water sounds great, but it's the EA, good luck trying that if you start next to TNN or Mictlan or any of 60% of nations that can destroy your ghosts and sacreds. So yeah imo, you need a big dude just in case.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Veles is a decent person, and a sir. He did exactly what Eddard Stark told him, so he had no problems fighting against genocidal goatlings in cold waters.

wpvrtx.jpg

egomco.jpg

Perun, however, is a douchebag. Given the exact same equipment and orders as Veles, he only done Blessing and Ice Shield, and ingored the script after that, trying to show off in melee.

pyewwc.jpg

iogpii.jpg

That's not the best invasion I ever made, but at least it's not the worst. Oh, well. Have fun with Veles! I'll send someone smarter to replace Perun in a short while.

Goddamn game and its weird obscure mechanics. Does bleeding prevent spellcasting?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Veles is a decent person, and a sir. He did exactly what Eddard Stark told him, so he had no problems fighting against genocidal goatlings in cold waters.

wpvrtx.jpg

egomco.jpg

Perun, however, is a douchebag. Given the exact same equipment and orders as Veles, he only done Blessing and Ice Shield, and ingored the script after that, trying to show off in melee.

pyewwc.jpg

iogpii.jpg

That's not the best invasion I ever made, but at least it's not the worst. Oh, well. Have fun with Veles! I'll send someone smarter to replace Perun in a short while.

Goddamn game and its weird obscure mechanics. Does bleeding prevent spellcasting?
No but I have noticed that in combat mages, 90% of the time, go of script and start doing weird shit. By in combat I mean someone runs up to them and hacks at their face.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So how do I stop one of those? Besides running up and smacking asap. Cant screenshoot.

Gimme a screenshot or tell me the bless (bar N9, ofc), equip and summon the MASTERS OF DOMINIONS. I am sure that someone will post a 2000+ words essay on how to stop them.

It always happens.

(If you have random questions, this was a place to ask such things http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/newbie-questions but the site is kinda fucked now and there are some... weird players, down there.)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Or conj5 water elementals, those are size 6 and fairly sure they can take on jarls.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I just lucked into the only throne that helps my Jaguars. Thanks game! :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom