Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Grimwulf, is there someone you border who you aren't fighting?

I'm not telling him to suicide, because you see you can't really conquer the oceans either, with your giants.. you need to actually break down the gates to do that, you can make Oceania's game really boring and basically stunt any growth he could have, but I doubt you could actually destroy him with just your thugs, you need to break down gates to both forts.. how is your guy going to do that exactly?

It doesn't seem like anyone else is interested in 'avenging the double dead', so you are isolating yourself politically and you are basically itching for a fight with Mictlan, I'm not sure why he hasn't already attacked you since his Jaguars would probably rip your giant a new one?

I'm just saying, if I was Oceania I would basically offer Mictlan my arm and leg to attack you.

What could you do against triple blessed guys, im guessing they have blood vengeance - your giant would hurt himself a lot with those mighty swings.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
is there someone you border who you aren't fighting?

I ain't fighting anybody, except Oceania. Shocker, isn't it?

how is your guy going to do that exactly?

Buy indy chaff from, like, any UW province?

It doesn't seem like anyone else is interested in 'avenging the double dead', so you are isolating yourself politically and you are basically itching for a fight with Mictlan, I'm not sure why he hasn't already attacked you since his Jaguars would probably rip your giant a new one?

Nice try provoking, keep it up. Is your Master aware of your behaviour?

What could you do against triple blessed guys, im guessing they have blood vengeance - your giant would hurt himself a lot with those mighty swings.

Sigh. It doesn't work like that.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Don't believe in non-fortified temples, men. It's a huge waste of gold.

tpjtzw.jpg

swfmls.jpg

Also, don't try to storm random Niefel forts with raiders. It's not how raiding works.

lmmyfy.jpg

Dim, 20 gems or 600gp (your choice) - and my Jarls will go away. I'm too lazy to start a private convo and discuss the terms (since it's a fast-paced game an' all), but feel free to do it yourself if you feel like it.

Or don't. It's not like the Jarls have anything better to do anyway.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Mictlan will pay handsomely for a pair of Earth Boots. We need them to stomp on the bodies of TC's masters.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm not trying to provoke anyone Grim, I'm making observations.

I was under the impression you were fighting Abysia and you said yourself you are planning on fighting Mictlan, what else am I suppose to assume?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Next turn the temperature will be next to +3, better hurry up! Also, lemme show you a puddle of dirty water.

wcjiko.jpg

zcctvu.jpg

qzfall.jpg

Goddamit, Oceania - bribe me off. Don't make me conquer you - it will be Decline 10 all over again. 25 gems or 800gp - you choose, it's literally nothing. If it was Malakal on my place, he'd probably demand your entire treasury at this point, and then some.

My generosity will kill me one day.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I got blue green; ring of frost + strong poison weapon could do it?

Do what? Kill a Jarl? Yeah, it could have worked, but they all have poison resistance, you see. Cold res helps against Chill Aura and aoe effect of Frost Brands, but the direct attack of my weapons is pure magic, not frost. So if your guys get hit once, they will most likely die.

Also, all your castles are besieged - that means your income cannot be traced from now on.

lrougwnkne.jpg

Therefore, your forces will start deserting you rapidly, since you don't have enough gold to pay them.

25 gems sounds reasonable.

Does that mean we have a deal? If you agree to pay this symbolic tribute this turn, I'm ordering my Jarls to go back.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Remember everyone, this is the Grimgrinch vs. Christmas.

They live up in the mountains. It's cold all the time. They come stealing your presents that you rightfully earned.

It's obvious.
R54WIxq.jpg

The Grimgrinch must be stopped! :argh:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
anything can be done to stop this?

Yes, killing them. Hurry up, because you are about to get domkilled in a turn or two. Also, next turn the tribute will rise to 35 gems; then 50; then you'll probably be domdead anyway.

Here comes the Christmas Turkey. On turn 36 I'm scripting an attack on you.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Also, all your castles are besieged - that means your income cannot be traced from now on.
anything can be done to stop this? If I am about to loose who should I send my gems to?

Yes, having a units with a special ability (I don't even know if there are baseline units that have it) or getting an unsieged castle.

But...

Hey! It's me, your friendly neighbour GHOST FROM THE PAST.

PAY 25 GEMS. IT'S NOTHING. AND YOU GET PEACE. AND I CAN GUARANTEE that Grimmie keeps his word. He can be number 1 menace to the Free World but he's a fair guy.

He's even a fairly good teacher (ask sqeecoo ) if you listen.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
anything can be done to stop this?

Yes, killing them. Hurry up, because you are about to get domkilled in a turn or two. Also, next turn the tribute will rise to 35 gems; then 50; then you'll probably be domdead anyway.

Here comes the Christmas Turkey. On turn 36 I'm scripting an attack on you.

As long as you just script it, I have no problems. :smug:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This caught my eye. Good job fish men! :lol:

isdwhQX.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom