Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
yJUcH73.png

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You can always join the good guys. Me and Oceania. I'll take the fort on our borders, you may take back the rest of your provinces. I'll agree to a long-term NAP. Oh, and I'll remove all BVC from your cap - I hope it didn't hurt too much.

In return, you will confess your sins and attack Mictlan right now, breaking whatever agreements you have. I'm not letting you repeat another Decline 9. Supporting the main global power like that is plain silly, especially for the sake of attacking tiny Niefelheim.

You only have this turn to make a decision. I will call off my proposal afterwards, and jes grab all your lands for Greater Good.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Do what you feel you have to do. I ain't ded yet.

Anyway, personally for me, the heroes of that battle were the frost fiends. Those dudes in cold 3 rock, their ice blasts wrecked me. Biggest failure was setting more than half my mages to falling fires, should've just made everyone cast incinerate. Falling fires is great but not feasible at 40 fatigue in hostile temperature.

Dreaad

Arcane
Biggest failure for you was attacking Niefelheim in the first place. For no reason, mind you. Despite having an overgrown EA Mictlan with two caps chillin' around.
I think it's a diplomacy thing. You're very aggressive, not in terms of attacking everyone, but in always asking for that little bit more.

Example: We agree on borders, few turns later just because I haven't cleared out some indies on our borders you demand I give them to you since I'm not taking them immediatly. From my perspective the whole reason I agreed to those borders was so that I could expand elsewhere and take what was agreed on later. So when you change your mind it doesn't make me want to make future deals.

Also cold 3 and heat 3 can't be friends, they fight to the death, because muh atmosphere :obviously:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Example: We agree on borders, few turns later just because I haven't cleared out some indies on our borders you demand I give them to you since I'm not taking them immediatly. From my perspective the whole reason I agreed to those borders was so that I could expand elsewhere and take what was agreed on later. So when you change your mind it doesn't make me want to make future deals.

Our NAP was about to expire, and with it - all our agreements that were included. So basically, by the turn of its expiration, we owed nothing to each other. I made you you a reasonable offer - you let me claim that indy Throne; and in exchange I offer you my friendship. Long-term NAP, war alliances, etc. Pretty sure most of people would agree to that, but you:

- Decided to fight me for that Throne. Lost an army.
- Refused to extend the NAP, despite your weakened state.
- Attacked me. Lost an army.
- Still refusing to act reasonable.

Don't take it as an offence or smth. It's just my opinion - all your troubles are caused not by bad tactics/scripting/skill or whatever, but by wrong strategic decisions. I honestly consider you a p.gud player skill-wise.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Mictlan is the largest nation by territory and number of forts. It has two caps. It has Mother Oak, the only currently active global. The only nation who can and is willing to fight Mictlan is being ganged by the rest of the world. Abysia, Agartha, some strange Lanka's movements. Isiloon, m8, what's the deal with your sudden appearance on my borders, posting passive-aggressive images at the same time?

The goddamn elves are probably sneaking all over my lands as we speak. Even Oceania is keeping weird stacks on the Niefel borders for no reason.

This game makes no sense, but I am so angry right now.

ijvoqhrkaa.jpg

cpdfkktuju.jpg

Dreaad

Arcane
Our NAP was about to expire, and with it - all our agreements that were included. So basically, by the turn of its expiration, we owed nothing to each other. I made you you a reasonable offer - you let me claim that indy Throne; and in exchange I offer you my friendship. Long-term NAP, war alliances, etc. Pretty sure most of people would agree to that, but you:

Yes but you could have just offered to continue the NAP without trying to add a throne on my borders into the deal. You see what I mean by always pushing for a little bit more? If you just said "Lets continue the NAP." I would have said yes. But nooooo let's continue the NAP if you give me your throne. Nigga what.

And I know I'm good :smug:

As to my tacticool prowess, well

drunk-animals14.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You see what I mean by always pushing for a little bit more? If you just said "Lets continue the NAP." I would have said yes. But nooooo let's continue the NAP if you give me your throne. Nigga what.

My position was objectively stronger. You're looking at these things at a completely wrong angle.

Instead of saying "Give me your castle, two provinces, 300gp and 10 gems, or I'll kill you and take it all anyway", I'm just being soft-hearted, sayin "Ok, you don't have to pay any tributes, I'm ok with an indy Throne..."

I tend to roll like that, and that's probably why I lose so often. I never take a full advantage of my position.

:negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yes but that's why people gang you. If someone is objectively stronger than you and they demand tribute, you look for other people to help you balance the situation.

I honestly think this logic is, how to put it mildly? Wrong.

I never demand too much, much lesser than I could have demanded objectively. And I usually offer a lot in return. So instead of paying a symbolic tribute and gaining a powerful ally, people pay three-four times as much to somebody else, and die anyway. Goddamit. It's not reason, it's pure slavic stubbornness.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The elves, for some unknown reason that boggles my mind, have decided to turn on Santa. For that, they will be exterminated.

:gd:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I have to agree with Dread, you are very aggressive Grim, coupled with a mighty confidence and bragging about humiliating other nations, one can't help but basically team up with everyone who's keen and dog pile you.

Don't even complain about it, the way you were acting before was basically asking to be ganged up on, what I'm concerned about is TNN deciding to attack the coalition, but you aren't even trying to get them on your side despite them already de-facto helping you anyway, if you were a character from baldurs gate, you'd have heaps of stats and Charisma -3 or something, even the squirrels would attack you.

Your knowledge of the game is greater than mine by a long shot, perhaps greater than anyone else in this game, but perhaps your diplomacy skills are about as sharp as a tree trunk.

Oceania you should help us attack Grimwulf, because if you ever wanted revenge this is your best chance, maybe you won't kill his giants, maybe you will suffer, maybe you will die, but you will die with honor, fighting with the free nations of this world against the tyranny of the ice giants.

with our combined powers

g5ppd8t.png

We are already martyrs, this is our time.

200.gif

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
A) 90% chance Grimwulf can see whole map with scouts

B) it's 'bloc' not block you nincompoop, even my drunken banana eaters know that
giphy.gif

C) our bloc is basically everyone except Grimwulf, TNN is just having a brain lapse, but he will soon attack Niefelheim as well, won't you TNN, because you do understand that Grimwulf will kill you as well and you are better off fighting him with everyone rather than by yourself.

tumblr_m823mpXFh01r20xa0.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom