Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Oh I forgot in the chaos, TNN broke an NAP when they attacked me. Still had a few turns left. Just remember that, world. Betrayed as Mictlan again, just like Decline 2. :hahano:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I can keep going Grim, consider that offer I made earlier

Do you really try to gloat about this?

anfvbkwpmf.jpg

You truly ARE deranged.

Oh I forgot in the chaos, TNN broke an NAP when they attacked me. Still had a few turns left. Just remember that, world. Betrayed as Mictlan again, just like Decline 2. :hahano:

You didn't have a NAP with TNN, though. And nobody broke any NAPs with Mictlan in Decline 2, IIRC - people just sorta ganged on you.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
You killed a bunch of trash, a prophet I didn't really want and a mound king.

In exchange you showed me what I can do to kill your giants and your obese giant was completely debilitated, I'll take that.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Grimwulf You're right, my bad, TNN is fine....they just suck. Got my timelines mixed up.

In Decline2, the sub(Ermor) broke an alliance to sneak attack with the rest of you.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
sqeecoo did when he subbed in. Trust me, I was pissed. :lol:

You were quite a threat at that period. Good times.

I am still convinced that you were the one sending Disease Demons at me for no reason, back when we were still at peace.

:rpgcodex:
As far as I remember, they were all going to Ulm at the time. Now, sometimes my intel was a little spotty so maybe one missed, but I doubt it. I had specific armies/targets in mind when they were sent.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Grimwulf You're right, my bad, TNN is fine....they just suck. Got my timelines mixed up.

In Decline2, the sub(Ermor) broke an alliance to sneak attack with the rest of you.

SOMEONE HAS THE HABIT OF PLANNING TO OFF ME AT THE FIRST CHANCE

DECLINE 1

DECLINE 2

DECLINE 3

NATIONGEN

GRIM ANTIQUITY

DECLINE 10

Pardon me if I don't believe many of yer diplo proposals.

Oh God I'm missing Decline2

How the fuck do you MISS Decline2

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Valid explanations for all those, and most of the time you weren't first. :smug:

Decline1 -attacked my ally Caelum.
Decline 2- see below
Decline 3 - standard coalition against biggest player/aggressive expansion.
NationGen - you were going for throne victory(and won on that, btw).
Grim Anti - Therodos/Lizards made me do it, also you were just another target, also you partly won in the end.
Decline 10 - wtf was I supposed to do, break NAPs with my only other neighbors?

Also, Decline2 wat. :o

You attacked me! I was already at war with Ulm.

All my diplo is fair. Manipulative, but fair. :salute:

sqeecoo

Arcane
After a mere three years since the start of the Ascension Wars, Agatha, the masters of speed, finally marches beyond its borders for the first time.

axolotl_mini_squishable_1__49542.1438289830.220.290.jpg

The Conclave of the Oracles has decided that the large empire of Mictlan, ruled by savage multi-eyed midgets, is the greatest threat to the peace of Agartha. Dissenting voices have argued that it is in fact Nifelheim that is the greater threat, and that this decision is influenced by racist considerations since Nifelheim is populated by well-proportioned and less freakish peoples, in the eye of the Pale Ones, and shares a penchant for quiet meditation in their icy wastelands with Agartha in their deep-thinking caverns.

The strike force of Agartha is led by the Son of Ogon, which the Oracles have prophesized will someday be known as the Kin-Breaker, for reasons yet unknown.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
After a mere three years since the start of the Ascension Wars, Agatha, the masters of speed, finally marches beyond its borders for the first time.

axolotl_mini_squishable_1__49542.1438289830.220.290.jpg

The Conclave of the Oracles has decided that the large empire of Mictlan, ruled by savage multi-eyed midgets, is the greatest threat to the peace of Agartha. Dissenting voices have argued that it is in fact Nifelheim that is the greater threat, and that this decision is influenced by racist considerations since Nifelheim is populated by well-proportioned and less freakish peoples, in the eye of the Pale Ones, and shares a penchant for quiet meditation in their icy wastelands with Agartha in their deep-thinking caverns.

The strike force of Agartha is led by the Son of Ogon, which the Oracles have prophesized will someday be known as the Kin-Breaker, for reasons yet unknown.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I made no huge mistakes, people are just more afraid of Niefelheim, among other things(Or maybe it's the other way around :lol:). I'll chalk it up to the randomness of dominions. After all, I am on good terms with half my neighbors.

Can nitpick expansion(who wouldn't expand, as Mictlan?), length of NAPs/treaties(iffy in any game, at best), was Mother Oak too soon(why sit on it though?) and so forth, but in the end it comes down to Agartha choosing to attack Mictlan over Niefelheim. And trust me, there was effort put into that. Somehow you convinced Agartha not to fight, even when they had a pretty good idea Lanka and Abysia were about to attack you(boggles my mind, I blame the short turns). We were amicable trade partners just a couple turns ago, with promise of sweet sweet blood stones. :smug:

The rest, while frustrating, I could work with.

Meanwhile Niefelheim bullies and beats down their neighbors(how soon we forget Oceania) while people cripple a credible check on their power. Have fun losing to Grim again you guys.

:excellent:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom