Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Using ability to sail as an excuse won't get you anywhere. If somebody ever asks me why did I attack and conquer Vanheim, I will show this

axktcxdaem.jpg

and won't add any other comments.

Public service announcement to others who might have deals with Niefelheim: remember to read the fine print, it says: agreement valid only until Grimwulf gets butthurt.

You wanted to start a war with me. You got it, pal.

I think I'll try to respect our NAP and refrain from offensive actions for now, and give you some time to come back to your senses. Maybe you need a drink? Or several.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Sure, I'll drink to Vanheim. One last toast at your funerals.

And yeah, I'll remember the fine print lesson. When dealing with July, you don't just say NAP and trust that everybody has some common sense. No, you have to write it all down.
- No attacking each others provinces.
- No attacking each others provinces, even if we can reach them with sailing.
- No attacking each others provinces, even if we can reach them with teleporting.
- No attacking each others provinces, even if we can reach them with could trapezing.
- No attacking each others provinces, even if we can reach them with stygian paths.
- No attacking each others provinces, even if [...]

Fortunately the people of Lanka were wise not to forsake their previous allies, despite calls from Mictlan to do so and these allies have come to help during a time of need.
Would those be the same allies that attacked our best hope of victory at the absolute worst possible moment and ruined our coordination efforts? :M

Almost missed this one. I'm not sure who you are talking about here, but I'm pretty sure that if the timing was perfect, it was pure coincidence.

some common sense.

Where our common senses depart is probably that I don't see how anyone can claim some indie province as his. Not conquering it, but saving it for some distant future date. And not even openly claiming it, but just expecting that others understand the claim implicitly.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
expecting that others understand the claim implicitly.

Not even expecting to understand, but rather talk it over. You know, smth like

- Grimwulf, your frozen ass, there is a province in your second cap-ring. I don't need it, and I have shit to do there, but I feel like conquering it just for lulz. Since it borders 4 of your provinces, including two forts, I thought you'd want to know about it. Before you ask, no, it doesn't border my own lands, not by surface. But I can sail, so you know. Everything is mine. Just a heads-up. Cheers!
- Oh, almost forgot. I see that both you and Agartha are bordering it, have a ton of forts around it, but it stays indy for some reason. It's not like you can't beat the indies or something like that. So, what is the reason exactly?
- Nevermind, I don't care for your reasons. I'll just attack it like an asshole, fuck communications with other people!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Grim violating his NaP with Vanheim and conjuring some piss poor excuse reminds me of when Grim violated his NaP with Abysia by casting pop-killing spells and said that didn't violate it.

When the brave people of this world teamed up against the giants, what did Vanheim do? He attacked Mictlan.

What did Agartha do? he attacked Mictlan

What did TNN do? he attacked Mictlan

What did Oceania do? move armies up to Abysia and piss around.

What did Grimwulf do? He put everything into an attack on Abysia, took 1/2 their territory, killed 1/2 the population in their capital while everyone else was fighting each other. Lanka could not safely attack because they had a narrow channel and any rout (which is easy when you have lots of undead chaff and starving units) would be death by surrounding enemy provinces.

Mictlan sold Grimwulf provinces, Abysia sold Grimwulf provinces, Oceania paid paid Grimwulf with resources...

Reminds me of that warning that Dreeaad had earlier

"when X called for help, nobody listened"
"when Y called for help, nobody listened"
"when I called for help, there was nobody there to listen"

Grimwulf is a power hungry tyrant and if you do not cease your bickering immediately you shall all be destroyed piece by piece.

If Vanheim falls to Grimwulf it's game over because the rest of you cowards would rather lose and hang on to your capital than fight like men.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
You only ridicule me because you know I speak truth and you don't want a coalition to form against you.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Public service announcement to others who might have deals with Niefelheim: remember to read the fine print, it says: agreement valid only until Grimwulf gets butthurt.
Christ man you were warned. The giants aren't going to rest until you are dead.
The rest, while frustrating, I could work with.

Meanwhile Niefelheim bullies and beats down their neighbors(how soon we forget Oceania) while people cripple a credible check on their power. Have fun losing to Grim again you guys.

Stop resisting, so we can move on to losing to Grimwulf phase.
Oh, that's right I remember now
:prosper:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
The irony is crushing.

everyone supposedly has a 20 turn NaP with Grim, or they are outside of his reach (myself)

Except Grim obviously isn't satisfied with peace, so he attacks Vanheim and cooks up some reason to do so that's supposed to be something debatable, only for the sake of giving him a point of argument about whether he violated the NaP or not.

accuse-shutterstock-650x566.jpg

He's the guy who sends terrorists to other countries

KoolNoodles

Arcane
It's all fun and games Grimwulf, until your lands are covered in fire jellies!!!

I hate to break it 4u. Maybe you shouldn't look under the spoiler.

They can't surface.

For some reason this is still the funniest damn thing to me. Partly because Dreaad mentioned these in a convo earlier and I thought: "Oh yeah, Fire Jellies.....he's gonna take something of Grim's underwater? I thought he'd left..... Or use them to attack Oceania and then sneak attack Grim? Well, whatever, I'm sure he's got a plan".

Nope, no plan. :lol:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
You win some, you lose some. Pretty epic fight! :salute: Where was my Howl. :rpgcodex:
GuSuPd6.jpg

Edit: I forgot to post the win, small victories must be cherished in these dark times. Watch out for fire elementals. :lol:

e5Y8MWh.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
Wow, wish I saw that one!

In other news, Agartha has always been at war with Oceania.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Wow, wish I saw that one!

In other news, Agartha has always been at war with Oceania.

It was pretty entertaining. I was expecting him to move and I was going to join other forces but he staled. So this happened. :)
CpgyuNL.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Where was my Howl. :rpgcodex:

Where were your blood casters with Leech, man?

:negative:

Stellar Cascades worked, especially since TNN doesn't have an E bless, you just needed a bit more S casters. I wouldn't waste their turns on Body Ethereal too, but that's a matter of taste.

TNN did a good job with army composition too. That stack, with all those thugs and sacreds, is painful to fight as Mictlan.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Where was my Howl. :rpgcodex:

Where were your blood casters with Leech, man?

:negative:

Stellar Cascades worked, especially since TNN doesn't have an E bless, you just needed a bit more S casters. I wouldn't waste their turns on Body Ethereal too, but that's a matter of taste.

TNN did a good job with army composition too. That stack, with all those thugs and sacreds, is painful to fight as Mictlan.

Who says I have Blood7? :) I wasn't expecting it, though, in truth. I knew he had a lot of regular Sidhe warriors running around hence the body ethereal. I did have my sages setup for stellar cascades(not enough in this battle), but towards the end only one was casting it seemed. The thugs mixed in were brutal.

Oh well, disappointing, but not terrible. The difference between Mictlan and other nations, is that all those Jaguars will be back in three turns. :salute:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This whole game is a suffering fiesta. Niefel Jarls are derailed in the head, I swear - they simply refuse to follow the script. Worst of all, they change scripted spells to Quicken Self that often fucks up their fatigue. I don't even...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom