Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Harpsichord

Arcane
I just fucking staled on accident. :negative:

Dayyālu

Arcane
The thrilling narrative of Decline11 is keeping us all on the edge of our seats.

I can't wait for the evolution of battle reports:

"We beat them good."

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
the monkeys sent many undead monkeys and lost to province defence

What do you want me to say man.

OuwfRvE.png

sqeecoo

Arcane
Risking being branded a heretic, can I suggest we up the timer to 48h? We can keep the no-extensions rule, but the game has gotten pretty interesting and I'd hate to have to rush through some turns on days when I have less time. Huh? We might even get better battle reports?

10feea640350e1caf47dd825e0fae075.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
who would save me for water gems?

I would, but we have a NAP with Agartha, and also I'm being sexually harassed by Vanheim.

Use those water gems for summons. Spells - Sleep Cloud; Water Ward; Summon Water Elemental (the Conj5 version); Wave Warriors; Poison Ward (against mercuries). Your Cold 1 should help against cold-blooded stuff a little.

The main problem are the Mercuries. No easy way to deal with bloody things, unless you can equip gud thugs. You'll need a Haliade (preferably one with E path) with Moon Blade, any cheap-ass shield, Robe of Shadows, a Girdle of Might. Use Liquid Body; Water Shield; Ice Shield, Personal Regen, Ironskin, then go for it. It's obviously expensive as fuck, but once again - no easy way to deal with them.

Go defensive. Agartha won't be able to get you inside your forts, if you cockblock their advance at the gate. Protect your troops against poison and use Foul Vapors. It will stack with poison clouds of Mercuries and kill most of Agarthean eventually, while they all try to breach the gates.

P.S.: Oceania sucks, so don't beat yourself over your possible defeat. Especially since you're fighting a 1 vs 3 war. Jotun Godes will pray for you, goatlings.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'd vote no. Unoptimally done turns later on was supposed to be the flavor of the game.

That's a good point actually.

I would, but we have a NAP with Agartha, and also I'm being sexually harassed by Vanheim.

Use those water gems for summons. Spells - Sleep Cloud; Water Ward; Summon Water Elemental (the Conj5 version); Wave Warriors; Poison Ward (against mercuries). Your Cold 1 should help against cold-blooded stuff a little.

The main problem are the Mercuries. No easy way to deal with bloody things, unless you can equip gud thugs. You'll need a Haliade (preferably one with E path) with Moon Blade, any cheap-ass shield, Robe of Shadows, a Girdle of Might. Use Liquid Body; Water Shield; Ice Shield, Personal Regen, Ironskin, then go for it. It's obviously expensive as fuck, but once again - no easy way to deal with them.

Go defensive. Agartha won't be able to get you inside your forts, if you cockblock their advance at the gate. Protect your troops against poison and use Foul Vapors. It will stack with poison clouds of Mercuries and kill most of Agarthean eventually, while they all try to breach the gates.

Yeah thanks Grimwulf. At least he doesn't have fucking lobsters for you to recommend like in D9 :D

sqeecoo

Arcane
If we kept the short timer I could at least hope Dim would stall trying to equip both the Moon Blade and a shield like you recommended :negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It would require active trading with somebody who has both S mages and Constr 6. Dim has been rather autistic so far in terms of diplo, so you have nothing to worry about.

Besides, you're ganging the poor guy 3 vs 1. The least you can do is be ashamed of your advantage.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I don't know guys....

1 major house rule. The turn timer will be set to 24 hours, there will be no extension...... ever. Not for RL drama, not for late game, nothing. Pretty sure everyone will stale a little here and there eventually (probably over 25/26 and 31/1) so it should be fine. Late late game I expect you will just have to make tough choices on what to spend your limited time on.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
I want elfblade for 2x in water gems who trade? What is a good underwater nation? sleep cloud works under water? what to do against astral something and mind blast?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom