Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So gang up on Agartha before they have an unbreakable water dominion covered in fortresses where they can strike at pathetic surface dwellers with impunity?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Indeed, it is a huge strategic advantage to be able to lose to Nifel SCs, double bless Jags, or invisible elves wherever I want.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dim, come on, all my losses so far have been deaths to Mercury poisoning. What am I supposed to write to their mothers? "Dear Ms. Pebbleborn, I regret to inform you that your son has been killed in the line of duty by the poison of a Living Mercury stuck on a castle wall, because regrettably your son was sick the day they taught them to walk around poisonous abominations at boot camp"?
Pale Ones are fodder, but at least face us in proper battle and let them have heroic deaths!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hmm, Dim sent me 60 unasked for water gems. Now, the question is, do I forge stuff for him or for myself. :troll:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Send them to me if you like, and I'll send you 20 Living Mercuries on the turn after!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I am kidding Dim, btw. While I wasn't planning on it, I will honorably waste mage turns forging stuff for you. Vanheim and TNN should send their thanks. :salute:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Feeling a little disheartened at the state of the wars, I went to the city's history museum over the weekend to get in touch with my roots. They have a pretty good collection of ancient/post-classic Mixteca artifacts in a new wing opened up just last year.

Here is, likely, a depiction of Xolotl, night deity and dog friend of Quetzalcoatl.
JzQvPm8.jpg

He gave me the thumbs up and I knew everything would be fine.
TUVORPH.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I notice that bone fiends seem really popular, do you guys think they are pretty good?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I notice that bone fiends seem really popular, do you guys think they are pretty good?

They are cheap as dirt(3 slaves for 5+ whatever caster bonus), they wont rout, have above average stats, but most importantly 2 slashing attacks at 15 damage, which means when they hit low-mid armor troops they will do a good amount of damage.

So, throw some buffs down on them and they hold a line or dish out some damage pretty well and who cares if they die? Think of them as beefed up longdead. They are still chaff, but they can be a lot more painful for the enemy to get through. Ideally I'd have 50-100, of course, but Mictlan doesn't have B/D in abundance.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I see. Will take note, wonder if they are worth summoning on Lanka, probably better to save up slaves for other things.

Side note - does either Ironskin or Body ethereal prevent regeneration? I just sent a Kraken to fight some goons in another game and the Kraken didn't regenerate for some reason even though he had a ring of regen equipped.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I just sent a Kraken to fight some goons in another game and the Kraken didn't regenerate for some reason even though he had a ring of regen equipped.

Difference in Dominion level. He went from high-dom province into lower-dom province. Current hp remain the same for 1 battle, but max hp lowered - you can see that if you click his hp stat during battle. Regen only triggers when hp drops below current maximum.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Side note - does either Ironskin or Body ethereal prevent regeneration? I just sent a Kraken to fight some goons in another game and the Kraken didn't regenerate for some reason even though he had a ring of regen equipped.

No. Unless somehow it was a Kraken Golem. :lol:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Not bothered.

Shame one of the mound kings died!

Thanks for clearing that up Grimwulf, sounds like legit explanation.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
who wants my last gems?

Send them to your allies, or don't send to anybody at all - totally your call. Mictlan forged stuff from you, if I understand it right, thus he probably deserves those gems more than anybody else.

Also, I'd be happy to get some of your equipment.

:M

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Gotta love when your "ally", who just said they won't attack you, attacks a bunch of unprepared patrolling Jaguars. Thanks pal! :hero:
7b8YiIE.jpg

The elves who betrayed me are just about dead, and you will be next if it's the last thing I do.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I never said I wouldn't attack you. I said "you have nothing to worry about", those are different things you see :)

1) we never had a NaP
2) remember when you said something like "If you don't attack Grimwulf I'll attack you" ?
3) you're a bitch who pressured me to go to war with Niefelheim then backed out of it yourself
4) I don't care if I die, I'm going to punish you for 3).
5) remember when you said "I'll open my borders and let Grimwulf attack you"?
6) you knew I paid Grimwulf off for a NaP, what did you think that was for? For a sit down with biscuits and tea?
7) you're an infidel, not real blood brother. Allahu Ackbar

angry20muslim20man202.jpg

P.S.

- thanks for death gems Dim, I owe Agartha some :D
B18jyzmIcAATmIW.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom