Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dang Dayyālu how many hacks did you activate?
bill_clinton1.jpg

"I did not have sexual relations with that cheat engine."

"You doubtin' me, son?"

Edit: Also shame on ALL the "pro's" of the codex who got this completely wrong :lol: :negative: I guess, Oceania troops got tired at swinging at ghosts?

Seriously, I did what I could and the rest was luck. Plus Ethereal and Awe, still dangerous forces on turn 2. And the snek was too slow to fight or scare my troops.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Using mercs was a mistake definitely, wet ones are shit, thats one. They probably triggered the hp rout. And rushing this soon isnt a good idea either, you need some recruited troops with decent morale. Cant speak about positioning.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also fighting ethereal at this point is a pure coin toss, 3/4 miss 1/4 kill, guess what happened here...

mondblut

Arcane
Seriously, this build is shit and I would suggest myself to Oceania to off me: SC God, and a 15k province nearby can give a nice boost. Plus manpower to siege it quickly can be levied, and I can't do a thing as my bless is subpar to fight underwater. Plus nuking a domkill nation.

No, the domspread is weak but it's there. You should park your Pret and your Prophet on my cap and stay there, a waste of precious turns in the early game. Go for a stock kill, faster methinks. Remember: I can't recruit a thing bar Sacreds UW, POOR AMPHIBIAN sacreds.

Even Starspawns or Atlantis would have been ded in this position: with Therodos and without a Awake Pret, it's a joke.

Nice bait and switch, bro :D

Well, I am back, sort of. Almost tempted to leave Therodos in Dayyalu's skilled hands. Almost.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
I remember hearing somewhere that a dominion kill results in the castle and contents of said castle disappearing so I should definitely try combat again.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I remember hearing somewhere that a dominion kill results in the castle and contents of said castle disappearing so I should definitely try combat again.

No, no and no. A Domkill makes only units disappear: gemsites and fortresses are safe. Domkill is a safe way to kill an unsiegeable enemy, but this is not the case.

Next turn I'll leave you with dear mondblut, and you will experiment as much as you wish.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
tuna vs sardines, who will win.

Place your bets..

all bets go to Lanka who will pay out winnings to the successful better.

1306491452026.jpg
vs
opener-healthiest-canned-tuna-ss.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Anointed of Rhuax would make up for a great defensive SC if Prophetised. Look at dem stats in Heat 3 - almost like having an awaken expander. The only thing he lacks is hp, and that's exactly why I would make him a Prophet.

He needs to be properly equipped, tho. Oh, well.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Why does the same thing happen to me every game? People attack me, get rekd, then tell everybody that evil Grimwulf must die for his crimes.

RIP, Deepeye the Prophet of Agartha.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Why does the same thing happen to me every game? People attack me, get rekd, then tell everybody that evil Grimwulf must die for his crimes.

RIP, Deepeye the Prophet of Agartha.

Shush. I don't tell that you are evil, and I reckon that you are a fine, if a 'lil paranoid, chap, but I do tell that your march towards world domination should be stopped sooner or later.

no one ever listens

On other matters, we have heard that the new Therodoian leadership has some problems. We are sad to hear this, and we mantain that Sobriety is the best weapon around.

3b06d2417e3a2d3e532c9e20848c21bba80131b8_600.jpg

The horrors of alcoholic abuse kill Nations and Gods alike

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom