Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM 64 official PC rerelease from Nightdive Studios

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Reason to buy Nintendo Switch:
[ ] Legend of Zelda BotW
[ ] Super Mario Odyssey
[X] DOOM 64 Switch (An experience that would be closer to playing D64 on an actual N64 compared to PC)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nightdive, as a developer of this, is literally silent about this thing. Not even a retweet, no mention of this by them on the Discord server, and Kaiser himself:

I'd guess the silence is a part of contract with Bethesda.

Another curious thing, several people point out the game looks brighter than the original and port. Yeah, the original was a bit too dark sometimes...

schru

Arcane
Given that it was meant to be viewed on C.R.T. television sets of the time, it might have looked quite different on them.

passerby

Arcane
Reason to buy Nintendo Switch:
[ ] Legend of Zelda BotW
[ ] Super Mario Odyssey
[X] DOOM 64 Switch (An experience that would be closer to playing D64 on an actual N64 compared to PC)

But playing D64 on PC is better experience than playing it on an actual N64.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I played the original Doom pwad version and it was fantastic... until it was not. Felt very different from any other Doom game or PWAD I played but I got cocky because the original N64 game was designed for consoles and a controller and I figured that with my superior experience as a long time Doomer and general player of PC games (and the fact I was using a mouse/KB instead of a clunky controller), the game wouldn't be challenging on anything less than the highest difficulties. This meant more enemies per level and less ammo. You know what happened next, but at least the additional enemies didn't have increased damage resistance like Tomb Raider 2013 on Hard. It was fair, but I just played poorly not making any attempt to conserve ammo. I won't play the PC conversion because of this negative experience but I wish them the best of luck for its success.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Why do people pay money for inferior ports when superior ones have existed for free for years? Why are people so stupid?

When one cousin gets another cousin pregnant then a malformed baby occurs!

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
This game got a lot of shit back in the day for not having multiplayer. Would be cool if they added some form of multiplayer (co-op maybe?) for the re-release.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
PC, PS4, and Xbox One versions announced for March 20th, 2020, the same with delayed released date for Doom Eternal:

PC, PS4, and Xbox One versions announced for March 20th, 2020, the same with delayed released date for Doom Eternal:
Huh. Didn't even realize Doom Eternal got pushed back. Probably for the best since I'm more immediately interested in Disco and RDR2 anyway. Also glad we're getting an official PC version of Doom 64.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Get DOOM 64 for free when you pre-order DOOM Eternal.

Returning after 22 years, the cult classic DOOM 64 is coming to modern platforms. Available 03.20.2020 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Pre-order DOOM Eternal for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC before March 20, 2020 and you’ll also receive DOOM 64 as a free digital download when DOOM Eternal launches! DOOM 64 will also be included free with preorders of DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch, which will be released at a later date.

Fight through demonic hordes, hunt down the Mother of Demons, and stop Hell's invasion as you battle through more than 30 action-packed levels. Be on the lookout for classic weapons and secrets to help you put an end to the demonic threat.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Considering what happened with Rage 2 don't be surprised if you need to login to a Bethesda account to use it, FYI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom