Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM 64 official PC rerelease from Nightdive Studios

JDR13

Arcane
I've always wanted to play Doom 64, but I'm not sure how well it's aged.

That's a surprisingly decent preorder bonus. Probably not enough to actually get me to preorder rather than using gray market sorcery to get Doom 2-2 for cheap, but it's something.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've always wanted to play Doom 64, but I'm not sure how well it's aged.

If you can play 1 and 2 you can play 64. It's basically the real Doom 3. If you can't play Doom 1 or 2 anymore, then 64 ain't gonna change that.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Apparently SKicker can talk about this.

Still nothing and very coy about this on NDS official channels.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Get DOOM 64 for free when you pre-order DOOM Eternal.

Returning after 22 years, the cult classic DOOM 64 is coming to modern platforms. Available 03.20.2020 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Pre-order DOOM Eternal for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC before March 20, 2020 and you’ll also receive DOOM 64 as a free digital download when DOOM Eternal launches! DOOM 64 will also be included free with preorders of DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch, which will be released at a later date.

Fight through demonic hordes, hunt down the Mother of Demons, and stop Hell's invasion as you battle through more than 30 action-packed levels. Be on the lookout for classic weapons and secrets to help you put an end to the demonic threat.

When a 20 year old game is a more exciting release than todays video games

JDR13

Arcane
Why are the models so blurry when you get close to them? It looks like they used some kind of poor anti-aliasing effect.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Wow, that does look great. I always had this thought that Doom 64 would be some pussified version because it was on a Nintendo system.

Curratum

Doom 64 is a horrendous game made for console peasants. It features none of the hallmarks of level design that made the PC Doom games great, incomparably uglier sprites for the enemies and colored lights in literally every sector.

I urge anyone who disagrees to watch the linked stream above and count the elevation changes in both floors and ceilings as well as the light / shadow contrast spots in the entire footage.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
On the original hardware, Doom 64 was notoriously dark and didn't have the intense neon look present in that stream.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Doom 64 is a horrendous game made for console peasants. It features none of the hallmarks of level design that made the PC Doom games great, incomparably uglier sprites for the enemies and colored lights in literally every sector.

I urge anyone who disagrees to watch the linked stream above and count the elevation changes in both floors and ceilings as well as the light / shadow contrast spots in the entire footage.
The game had some crazy traps and levels. It's Doom on crack.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
whats the point of this? Im playing doom 64 on pc right now and its great
ND7284I.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom