Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Doom RPG ported to PC by modders

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Originally developed by John Carmack for pre-smartphone era mobile platforms back in 2005.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/129997-doom-rpg-port-reverse-engineering/

Doom RPG Port Reverse Engineering

As we promised, the Doom RPG port for PC is finally here. created using SDL2 and BREW version doomrpg.mod original file reverse
engineering.

This is my first port made for PC and I hope this works for you too.

Special thanks goes to @Anarkavre as thanks to him we got the original Brew game files.

You need to get the original files to be converted into a friendly format for the port, you can get them from Archive.org, you can search
"Doom RPG BREW" on SOFTWARE menu.

Run the BarToZip program to convert the file doomrpg.bar into a DoomRPG.zip, then you run the DoomRPG.exe
Hope you enjoy it, best regards.

DoomRPG_Port.zip

image.png.377a562edf9f3e32b1c3a3deed541378.pngimage.png.a5381aa95ccc874c15106d8ba7157cab.pngimage.png.5690df6ab42017c72c58a11ff06647f8.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wasn't there also a doom II RPG also? Hexen rog mod?

Anyway, just as well look at a vid of this.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmph no mention of RPG in this vid

Let's see if I can find them all:

STRATEGY
1. DOOM: The Reconquest
2. DOOM: Turn Based Mutator
3. DOOM Wars. (Alt archive DL)

SIMULATOR
1. DOOMED Love - A Dating Sim
2. DOOM Mower Lawn of the Dead (OH HELLZ YEAH!!)
3. Revenant Bus

OPEN WORLD
1. DOOM Free Roam Pack
2. ZDaemon City -- youtube
3. DOOM - No Guy's Sky

RACING
1. DOOM ZKART
2. DOOM Bike Time Trial
3. DOOM Sonic Roboblast 2 Kart
Is game pressure even legit?

ROGUELIKE
1. DOOM Roguelike [DRL]
2. DOOM Roguelike Arsenal
3. DOOM Reelism 2

FIGHTING
1. Eternal Slayer - Forum
2. DOOM Fighters
3. DOOM Fighters -Online - vid

GRAPHICS
1. DOOM Remake 3D models
2. Voxel Chibi DOOM
3. Mini DOOM

FILTHY
1. HDOOM
2. DOOM - Nature's Call

ZDaemon Online Multiplayer DOOM

Missing the tournament boxing doom fighters game. Dunno if these work or not.

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wasn't there also a doom II RPG also?
Yes, along with Wolfenstein RPG and Orcs & Elves I & II. All five used to be my favorites to play on the go.

All of them have similar core gameplay, but each one has a neat feature or two to stand out from the rest.

agreed, and a couple of fun facts:

in wolfenstein rpg the (cyber)demon is invulnerable to everything except for the spear of destiny - and that is how he loses his original limbs (they are later converted to cyber appendages in doom rpg) as you send him back to hell, while he vows to avenge himself on you or your descendants (doom guy)

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Good overview of all the games in the "franchise", along with how the games came about to be.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I played this on my sony ericsson back in the day. There's a fantasy themed game made with this exact engine almost an asset switch, elves and something i forgot the name, it had a talking wand, felt like more of an rpg.

you can still play it using j2me
Orcs & Elves

Arryosha

Learned
Was there ever any good doom fan fiction or lore outside the original games? The original games had virtually no story, of course, but I always found the setting so compelling that I wished for more lore.

Palomides

Augur
Lore lore. Lore. more Lore. LORE.

I NEED LORE

We used to have myths, history, traditions. But now it's just LOOOOOOORE.

Wesp5

Arcane
Speaking of Doom RPG, I recently played the Doom mod "Ashes 2063" which is a fantastic kind of Fallout inspired FPS/RPG mix.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Speaking of Doom RPG, I recently played the Doom mod "Ashes 2063" which is a fantastic kind of Fallout inspired FPS/RPG mix.
Thanks for recommendation, I just downloaded Ashes 2063 and started playing it. However it seems to me like a typical FPS. Are there really some RPG elements in it?

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Played this on a Razr phone back in the day and enjoyed it a lot, but I'm not sure if it's worth destroying the nostalgia I have for it by playing it again.

Wesp5

Arcane
Thanks for recommendation, I just downloaded Ashes 2063 and started playing it. However it seems to me like a typical FPS. Are there really some RPG elements in it?
I don't remember if there are stats and stuff in it, but I found the world building, the character dialogues and the quests rather RPG like.

lightbane

Arcane
The Afterglow sequel of Ashes does have some C&C and mutually exclusive endings for certain quests, if that counts.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I like the B.J. Blazkowicz office worker. Nice to know he still has a job in the old gfx world.

It was a normal day, filing papers, looking through the daily accounts on the UAC spreadsheets..

"GOD DAMN! UAC sure spends a fuckload on 'EXPERIMENTAL' shit. OK, gotta check my email..."

An explosion rocks the compound...

"WTH?"

B.J. Blazkowicz pulls out his chainsaw he was using as a paperweight on some documents he just didn't care to file just yet.

And spank that female marines ASS! <slap it hard DoomGUY> yeah, she won't be around for too long.
Doom2RPG02.png.555ae5fb220b10c7870bbb5604622c0a.png

Last edited:
Neat, I might have to try these are some point. Never played the Doom RPGs but I played that Elves and Wizards and Warriors and Warlocks and Orcs game for the DS that they did that uses the same engine. Can't remember what the fuck it was called since it was some generic name like that but it was an alright little action dungeon crawler.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm trying to recall the DOOM I rpg if there was a remake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom