Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOS RPGs that can be played without a mouse?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
If I understand OP correctly, he can only use a gamepad. No keyboard. That makes even Eye of Beholder tricky - it needs a numpad just to move and turn around.

Give Vagrant Story a shot. You'll need any PS1 emulator to play it and it may look like jRPG at first glance, but it actually isn't. The story is nice and grim, the charbuild is fun and all equipment is highly customizable. The game is a rare example of good console RPG.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If I understand OP correctly, he can only use a gamepad. No keyboard. That makes even Eye of Beholder tricky - it needs a numpad just to move and turn around.

Well, if that's the case the old Temple of Apshai games ran with very few mouse inputs, if I remember correctly, so that might be up your alley.

Ultima 1 might also work, since a lot of the attacks early in the game are handled by you just hitting the fire option and picking a direction. Autoduel perhaps, too.

Perhaps some 1st person CRPGs, too, such as Amulets and Armor or The Elder Scrolls: Arena.

From what it sounds like, you are looking for DOS games with few key selections to play. So as much as I enjoy a game like Might and Magic or Pool of Radiance, they are heavily keyboard driven; they won't work for you due to their many key requirements. A big problem with many of these games is that they ask you for what item you wish to manipulate in your inventory, and just the available selections will eat up about 10 or more key bindings.
How many keys can you map to your gamepad at one time?

Last edited:

DeusX1

Educated
If I understand OP correctly, he can only use a gamepad. No keyboard.

That is correct.

I have a ps2 like gamepad.

I'm playing gothic 1 and ur'quan masters(star control 2), they are perfect for my needs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom