Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Rpgsaurus

Novice
Any bros playing it? I got spare invites, wonder if any esteemed Codexians wanna join the fun.

(Old time HoN player here).

meh

Educated
I've just got an email from steam :thumbsup:

I'll install and play in like 5-6 hours, my steam's acc is "meh___" probably.

MapMan

Arcane
Almost all friends got an invite so far but not me. Do I have to active on steam to get an invite? I already signed up for beta (did that survey or whatever).

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'd love to play it, but I ain't got any beta invite yet :( I've also played dota, hon and lol, so yes, I want THAT GODDAMN BETA INVITE DASFWUIEBQUNEWQ

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I wouldn't mind playing it, but steam sent me a questionnaire a while back asking how much DotA1 I had played, what my average gold per session was, how many creeps I killed on average etc. As a lowly LoL/HoN player I'm apparently not l33t enough for Valve.

Draconis

Liturgist
I signed up for beta but I haven't received a key yet, so I'd love to get an invitation if you got one to spare. :)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Don't particularly want a beta key but someone let me know how good/viable the bots are. Most of the time I played DoTA it was on AI maps as only about two or three friends of mine played and I avoided the general community like the plague.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Doesn't really matter how you answer the steam questionaire, they'll want people from all sorts of skill levels, including new players.

Multi-headed Cow

Apparently they don't want enough new players since I answered honestly (Which was mainly I played a few hours of DotA 7 or whatever the fuck years ago) and still haven't gotten in.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
They don't seem to want anyone, it's p. hard to get in this beta.

You could try trading one of your TF2 items. :P

Terpsichore

Arcane
So, instead of making a decent new game they are trying to recreate everything that was wrong with dota and attract the same playerbase?

:retarded:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Terpsichore said:
So, instead of making a decent new game they are trying to recreate everything that was wrong with dota and attract the same playerbase?

Uh... why wouldn't they? Do you know how many people play DOTA (and DOTA likes)? The casual players/not familiar with the game will play it because it's Valve's new release.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
There's no reason to mess with the mechanics when they have worked so well for years.

What they need is a channel only for noobs and a system of mentoring so people can learn the basics before being thrown on rated play.

Terpsichore

Arcane
I didn't mean that "casuals" should be attracted, just that they should actually make it... better?

And no, the mechanics aren't fine, WCIII engine limitations and plain moronic, amateur design spawned these "mechanics".

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I would love an invite. I've been waiting for a beta invite for weeks. Played lots of DotA and HoN (together with some codex bros). Would be cool to play some DotA2 with codex bros too.

Padre

Liturgist
Jesus I want an invite so much. Signed up for the beta and filled the whole questionare but no luck. So please don't hesitate to spare one invite on me :brofist:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rpgsaurus said:
Any bros playing it? I got spare invites, wonder if any esteemed Codexians wanna join the fun.

(Old time HoN player here).

If you have a spare invite, I'll take one.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you could host a kkkontest for the invites, I don't think there's a shortage of people who want in :lol:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Terpsichore said:
I didn't mean that "casuals" should be attracted, just that they should actually make it... better?

That would require effort, though. Let's be honest: Valve (and any other gaming company) looks at the bottom line first.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
oh right... steam ID is samurai160 if any bro want to invite.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Zed said:
you could host a kkkontest for the invites, I don't think there's a shortage of people who want in :lol:

Eh, if there's more candidates with keys, I withdraw my request. I mostly wanted to check it out out of morbid curiosity.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Apparently you can trade Dota 2 keys for copies of Skyrim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom