Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Ninjerk

Arcane
Alliance appears to be back.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Still getting used to the new client, but I haven't played soloqueue in close to 3 months now. Since I only play support the current patch is the worst I've ever experienced. There's less pick-diversity than in previous patches, you get less xp/gold for early ganks, and even if you did it wouldn't matter because every single mid-hero that is being played right now will catch up through stacks anyway and threeshot you once the game reaches 15min+. And since you're somewhat forced to get stuff like glimmer/solar now in addition to your core items, you don't have the farm to get the halberd oder ghost scepter that you used to survive in earlier patches (which in turn limits the heropool to heroes that don't have expensive core items like for example an aghanims). It's funny how adding new items to the pool actually limited your item and pick choices as a support.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Because everytime I don't play support, I watch the randoms do it and cry myself to sleep afterwards.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Was trying to introduce a League friend to Dota 2 in the middle of this, he quit because it would crash every second time he tried to boot it.

(And because there's no locked camera without console commands and key rebinding. League players...)

flyingjohn

Arcane
So the game came out from beta to return to beta status again it seems.
And i still dont understand why reborn was needed,except for custom game modes.
The ui looks worse,performance is certainly not improved and the game is not stable anymore.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Absolutely no idea. Ruined my taste for Dota 2. On the bright side, last-hitting in League after 1000 hours of doto has become a lot easier.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
They had to release it at some point, it's just mindboggling that certain things that have been reported over a month ago have just been fixed now (for example the whole PA Arcana mess) or are still not fixed at all.

As far as the UI goes, everytime some company changes their colorscheme or the UI it sucks at first. I'm still mad over the new youtube interface, skype also got worse in my opinion, and I missclicked "Big Picture" in steam for over a month because they changed its position with "Friends" sometime earlier this year. Eventually you get used to it though. It will take another spring cleaning update to fix everything that isn't working properly yet, but by the time the first major comes we will most likely see a big update with a new content patch aswell as a shitload of reborn-fixes. Doing that while only a small playerbase is playing reborn would've been a lot tougher to accomplish. It's not like everyone was enjoying the patch and reborn came and ruined the fun. The game already was already getting goddamn boring.

If you feel like bugs ruin the game and you care about your mmr, just stop playing for a week, or watch replays to improve, or play unranked or custom games. That's what I'm doing anyway (and playing nobunagas while watching the chess world cup).

Cromwell

Arcane
Was trying to introduce a League friend to Dota 2 in the middle of this, he quit because it would crash every second time he tried to boot it.

(And because there's no locked camera without console commands and key rebinding. League players...)

locked camera as in locked on your hero? Why would you do that it would mean you cant see shit.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Any LoL player complaining about the Dota2 client should just kill themselves, honestly.

But but but Adobe Air is so cutting edge.

On a more serious note, yes Reborn is fucking garbage. All of my RL Dota pals seem to like it, which automatically demotes them even futher down into fucktard territory.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Did I just become a major scrub or is matchmaking kinda borked in Reborn? Get the feeling it's matching me up against better players than I had to play in the old client.

LzGZhmZ.png

Either that or I'm seeing a pattern in the noise because I'm butthurt my I only won 2 games the last 13 games I played, I guess.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
In general I'm not, but the salt is getting real. Used to be able to enjoy games even if I lost, but with those losses lately I just feel outclassed by the enemy so hard that it's basically a curbstomp. It's not like I queue solo, got a couple of friends that I play with so I know it's not due to random Russians fucking it up.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
In general I'm not, but the salt is getting real. Used to be able to enjoy games even if I lost, but with those losses lately I just feel outclassed by the enemy so hard that it's basically a curbstomp. It's not like I queue solo, got a couple of friends that I play with so I know it's not due to random Russians fucking it up.

Post Solo / Team MMR

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom