Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dota Autochess

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
So this is the big fad now. I'm sure people have noticed. The Artifact that should have been.

Anyone else playing it?

What's your rank, favourite start, banal complaint, etc. ?

I'm having a lot of fun with it even tho my internet is kinda bad so I sometimes have troubles loading in and stuff.

My most groundbreaking realization so far has been that Elves are like really bad. They have that short midgame window(like straight up if you can get 6 of them at lvl 6) when they are sorta broken but the moment lategame comps start coming together with teamfight ulties your bunch of rightclickers don't do anything. I was thinking maybe an elf/assassin combo could work ok with basically relying on a GOD lanaya to carry you but that's like super tricky to get.

Otherwise I really enjoy mechs. Warriors are OP but I hate playing them tbh.

Mages getting nerfed in last patch was kinda pointless when the problem is stuff like SF rather than the mage bonuses. It's also imo never correct to go mages since you just lose so much HP to creeps and that can be really deciding during like a clutch top 3 position.

I'm just like hovering around high knight/low bishop so I might be just completely clueless about everything but I dont play that often and got derakned a few times because of DCs so I think I have ok understanding of the game considering.

Will this be to dota what dota has been to w3?

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
this game is so good like

it's skill enough so that you can guarantee your way into a top 3 almost every game

it's rng enough so that you can complain about not getting top 1 every game is due to bad luck

it's the perfect victory validation and defeat alibi at the same time

bravo chinese modders

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll be honest, I stopped playing dota a while back, and I don't really care about this map, but as a dota 1 veteran I find it triggering that you didn't capitalize Templar Assassin's name.

It's Lanaya! :argh:

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll be honest, I stopped playing dota a while back, and I don't really care about this map, but as a dota 1 veteran I find it triggering that you didn't capitalize Templar Assassin's name.

It's Lanaya! :argh:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dialogue options not as extensive as they should be

Leechmonger

Arbiter
it's skill enough so that you can guarantee your way into a top 3 almost every game

it's rng enough so that you can complain about not getting top 1 every game is due to bad luck

it's the perfect victory validation and defeat alibi at the same time

It's utter shit.

The_Mask

Patron
what's "dota"?

DotA is... a lot of things... it is a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), that started as a mod for Warcraft 3.
It stands for "Defense of the Ancients".

There is a lot to be explained to your simple question, but since I do not know what you want, or your level of information, I can only ask you to elaborate further, or if you are okay with the information I already provided. ^__^

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
you are the least annoying person on this forum

your avatar gives all your posts the vibe of friendly dad-core banter and is therefore rather comfy

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
My usual strat is trolls/warriors/mechs whichever combo works easiest and sleep as much on interest till get lvl 10
lycan veno gg

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I used to value warriors a lot but now I think they are a bit meh honestly

I am still stuck around high knight rank because I have shit net so I like DC one in five games and just lose a bunch of ranks that are slow af to get in pubs

but yeah interest imo is always worth it, I usually play around bench until like lvl 5, then pump once or so to 6 if it looks worth it given my options and then just try to get to 50 asap

I had a game yesterday which I turned around from being last place with 40% hp and dying to wolves in the midgame to first place with a giant winstreak once I started to simply get ahead in economy because of my interest and my combo coming together, it was a weird mixture of 4 orcs frontline + 3 hunters(drow, dusa, beastmeme + later tide) + Undeath (drow + abadon at first later necro) + warlocks (shadow fiend only at first then added necro and enigma)

I actually disconected for lke 3 rounds near the end but my comp just beat everyone xD so I connected in and collected my candies

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
DID IT AGAIN

Got shit opening rolls and DC'd after round 3 for like 2 minutes and I kept losing all early and midgame(dying to golems LMAO)

wanted to recover with elves after banking lose streaks but noticed like 3 other people were going elves and druids so I was kinda just seeing what happens throught(tried going like double demon hunter + demons for like one round when I rolled like terror blade + shadow fiend + qop + chaos knight in one shopping phase but it was just so retarded I sold immediately) and eventually decided to stabilize on deep knights + dragons as nobody else was really contesting that

winstreaked to victory again

team was 6 knights(all 2* and was one misclick away from having omni at 3, had 2x DK 2*) Viper 2*, Puck 2* and Tide 1* tho I dont think the tide really did much this game but it just felt bad not adding him

feels so fucking good

the guy who got second palce went like heavy warriors midgame and was like top hp for the entire early but like warriors just cant really stand against a proper lategame comp

this game is so fucking gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Haha yah its addicting
Early dragon knight lvl 2 with 3 dragon is most satisfying thing thats happened to me in long time.
Have you tried lycan veno? Both really strong heros and gives you 10% global dmg buff. Used toconstantly run it and then just play with what i get.
Now i try play elementals or demon hunter max demon combo and just lose every game lol.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I dont think I have ever played lycan or veno tbh, I'm not too impressed by summons

idk tho might try it

elementals are pretty bad tbh, like only razor and enigma are good heroes from all the elementals imo

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Try summons with troll warlock if you get a chance. Its nutty
Sitting on bank is a good strat but having some t1 or t2 units or even t3 at max is nice and its possible to bank and get some picks. Sometimes the game just laughs in your fsce though. If im playing to win generally take trolls or mech.
Trolls are just too op. 2 trolls and decent attack speed buff on most op early spellcasters. Casks and hex make PvE a breeze too. Troll shaman also gives you a sneaky disruptor late pick for that insta hex and then group silence. Get a good cast in a good group silence yesss. 4 trolls is just broken. Get a good item on troll warlord and he can win the game.
Mechs: if someone else isnt running them almost guaranteed top 3.
6 assassins with a bit of luck and against the right comps is hilarious. Steamrolls.
Kunka op
Shadowfiend op - another hero i try to snag everytime. Dps is ridic.
Wish i could make kotl work, never seen anyone run a decent mage comp. Probably impossible. Mechs, knights, warlocks and assassins too broken.

Elementals is the dream though. 4 heros and global hero 4 sec stun chance. OP. What to combo it with though. I can never run it. Maybe, assassin. Yes. Assassin elemental. The dream. The reckoning.

Positioning and which combos counter which combos i havnt figured. Positioning can win you fights though.

Nathir

Liturgist
Won 3 games in a row going orcs + hunters + goodstuff.

You just have to take the goodstuff. Some pieces like CM are just completely useless.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
some streamer that I heard use the phrase like goodstuff in relation to dotachess a lot so I got curious whether that's like an idiosyncrasy of his or whether thats like a common term people use

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom