Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

a cut of domestic sheep prime

All-Of-Lambchop here.

Why do we need to wipe out the humans at all? We may even need them as allies (or pawns) against the system lords. :M

Regardless, I agree with Six.

The problem with sending in 120 basestars is that it takes around 10 basestars to overpower one ha'tak. Granted, we could have done it with less, but we took one loss almost immediately, so I think things would have become dramatically more difficult with less.

That means that if the Goa'uld sent in a total of more than 12 ha'taks, our basestars could be toast, or at the very least we would take heavy losses.

And that's just to take a single world and HOPEFULLY get some tech.

My vote is 2) Infiltrate the Goa'uld

1 and 4 feel like they could get out of our control.

We don't know how strong the Goa'uld are. We know how our ships do against theirs.
Sending more forces against a world we attacked already feels stupid. They can easily fill it forces and set an ambush.
Feels like poking a beehive here.

Baiting the Goa'uld into attacking the colonials could also end up pretty badly. AFAIK the Goa'uld are united under Ra right now. If Ra decides to lead his race to conquest and send a hundred Ha'taks against the colonials, we won't clean up shit, we will just watch a stomp. We don't want a stomp.

Honestly, I think we lack intel about the Goa'uld and more importantly, tech.

I do think, through, that if we want to get rid of the colonials through stealthy ways, the time is now. There are people who knows about our infiltration, don't forget about that guy who escaped. I feel that if we delay, we won't be able to infiltrate the colonials for long. Unlike the colonials, the Goa'uld have no idea about our infiltration.

I feel like the real choice is between 2 and 3 here. We could infiltrate the Goa'uld and take their tech, which would render the Colonials a moot issue. Or we could infiltrate the colonials and sabotage them so badly we can go and mop them up. Then focus on the Goa'uld.

I'm going with...

3) Manipulate Gaius Baltar to corrupt the Colonial Navigation Program (CNP)

I say we get rid of the Colonials first.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
In hindsight, the unas were probably super-badasses in this universe, weren't they?

Regeneration, super-strength, hides as thick as steel.

We should have bought them and used them to take back the surface from the Mexican Americans. :M

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom