Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
6D That could world as a sop, something sufficiently important to keep him busy, far enough so that he's no trouble.

I *really* wouldn't want to risk the Chaplain contaminating the Land of Light primitives with his faith. Whereas sent to Alpha Side he will naturally butt heads with Dr Rush, thus significantly undermining the attempts by both of them to usurp our powah.

Intriguing CYOA. Let's do it!

1C - Fuck this beast. Its must be something very dangerous to be killing SG personnel.

2C - Best not to keep all our eggs in one basket. Savanna planet seems safe.

3B - Continue the excavations. We must ensure there are no nasty tricks there.

4C - Send them back to get more people. We have plenty of supplies for them for now, and plenty of space in other worlds, too. My only worry is the possibility of raiders or Goa'uld spies, but I suspect the Goa'uld didn't bother to land anyone and any raiders will quickly realize they can't do shit against a military base full of elite armed personnel

5B - Sounds dangerous to me. They can have a beach party later. That guy is Rush's problem then, not ours.

Andnjord

Arcane
I *really* wouldn't want to risk the Chaplain contaminating the Land of Light primitives with his faith. Whereas sent to Alpha Side he will naturally butt heads with Dr Rush, thus significantly undermining the attempts by both of them to usurp our powah.
Or we might end up with them joining up to make our life miserable. Is there something wrong with a few primitives worshiping the great Spaghetti in the Sky in Stargate's universe?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Or we might end up with them joining up to make our life miserable. Is there something wrong with a few primitives worshiping the great Spaghetti in the Sky in Stargate's universe?

It might end up with them doing what pagans often did to missionaries in real life, killing them. Then we have a problem on our hands in the form of butthurt natives and/or butthurt earth humans. Best not to piss of the natives that trade with us. The Savannah world is a safe choice, I would just have him organize R&R there.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A We need to kill it or abandon the site.
A We should get a feel for them before sending them off world.
B Keep digging
C Need more people if humanity is to survive.
A Morale is an issue.
A Why are we so paranoid? The Chaplain is showing initiative.

hello friend

Arcane
1C
2A
As Grimgravy. It's too soon.
3B
4C
- Let's just hope the messengers aren't just going to report our location as soon as we let them go.
5A, but impress upon them the fact that this is an alien world and proper perimeter defense and a guard rotation must be maintained while the rest enjoy themselves. Try to combine rec leave with scouting missions by sending twice as many people the first few times, one group on duty and one off. Saying no after the Chaplain has already gone around trumpeting his ideas will only cause dissent.
6C - Smith has to go, of course.

Random thought: I think we should be careful with any anti-ethical measures. Don't forget, the base is still full of Hammond loyalists like Colonel O'Neil. We can't exactly go full fascism here, at least not yet. Gotta ease them in. We probably get a break because we just took power in a post-apocalyptic situation. If we go too far, they will probably thrown us in the brig and put Colonel O'Neill or someone like him in charge - althrough O'Neill probably would't accept a desk-jockey job.

The situation does allow us to do things thought unthinkable before - like recruiting natives into our settlement or even in our military forces.

I would't be surprised if we soon run into other remnants of the US Military, the US is full of Cold War era bunkers and nuclear silos. Hell, would't be surprised if the President was still around. Goa'uld can't have hit all of them.

Hellraiser

Arcane

Hellraiser

Arcane
1D) Send Dr. Jackson to communicate with the tree-mimics

These xenos are too smart for my liking but Jackson knows how to talk to xenos, knowing him he will figure something out.

2A) Replace the SG teams on the mining planet (P3X-595) with civilians.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

3C) Send them to the savannah planet (P3X-008).

4C) Start shipping them off to the Alpha Site and the savannah planet equally.

5A) Send all available SG teams to chart new worlds.

With luck they will find more food and we can export the civvies there.

1D)
2A)
3C)
4C)
5A)

I'm pretty much voting with Hellraiser here.

I'm starting to get worried about the civvies coming. We might get a bad situation happening.
But then again, we need more people. SG teams ain't gonna do it anymore, we need a real army.

RIP Stardog.

Also, still civvies. Damnit. I was hoping for military personnel.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Dr. Nicholas Rush
this shithead. I had completely written the SG:U stuff out of my head as non-canon due to the show being such a pile of shit. oh, well. I guess we're lucky we aren't stuck with that one nasally jew scientist that ended up being turned into a ghould when Daniel met the Unas.
Colonel Makepeace
Guy had such a raw deal on the show. An unsung hero until he's unceremoniously arrested for smuggling stolen alien tech. His plan will probably get everyone killed though.

1D - could fail spectacularly, but I am guessing sending a team of rednecks in to slash and burn would be disastrous. Then again, a war would make those 10k refugees actually useful.

2A - I don't trust the civilians, the ghoulds could have left some spies behind to keep an eye on things. Hopefully the gate will be guarded wherever we send them.

3C - let them hunt.

4E - Alpha site is too high priority and needs to be kept secret, apart from farmers and the like. Need to know only.

5A - hopefully sending them elsewhere will solve the problem. They can't get back without the IDC.

Also, liking this LP a lot so far.
rating_brofist.png

Andnjord

Arcane
1E - Suffer not the xenos to live
2A
3C
- I feel like we're sending too much stuff there, but oh well, I mostly want to see shit blow up for shits and giggles :D
4D - We've already got enough eggs in that Savannah basket
5A - we need to find ourselves more potential booty

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I was doubting my choice, but:
It looks like there are at least three more beasts out there and they're making a lot of ultrasonic chatter, like they're sharing information.
Seems like they are intelligent. Hopefully Daniel can communicate, maybe with Carter's help.

That or we go true dark universe and Daniel gets eaten by a tree, so we have to rely on the SGU Gaius Baltar knockoff. :M

MercantileInterest, are you despairing because I don't like SGU or because will probably probably kill this CYOA like I killed most of treav's? Keep in mind that my KDR is probably at least 50/50 and apart from truly retarded gambles like jumping into a rift or raping a ghost girl, I was usually right about of lot of things.
:M

Andnjord

Arcane
1A - Need knowledge
2B - You bloody tree-hugers, I told ya we had to chop them up.
3H - A third on Alpha Site, a third on Crom and a third on Land of Light I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom