Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A1, B3, C1

Hellraiser

Arcane
A2) Form three small battle companies, each consisting of 4 SG teams and twenty armed civilian levies. Send them to eliminate opposition on Crom.

B1) Start a personnel rec center on the Alpha Site.

C1) Break out alcohol rations to boost morale.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

"Sir, the others. The thirteen thousand we sent through. It looks like they scattered every direction."
Great. Job. Team.

I told you we should have sent them to Land of Light. Splitting them was worst of all worlds. This was as good as murdering them and probably half the reason for the coup that just happened.

Now to moral has taken a major hit and O'Neil is clearly doubting us at this point. If he tries a coup, it's not one we'll be coming back from. Even if we did, it'd be a major hit to SGC effectiveness.

We have to think about the consequences before acting.

A2, anything less is probably going to lose us SG teams. Either this or we forget about Crom. Time to put up or shut up
A1 - we've demonstrated out strength already.

B1, I'm worried that something will happen there, but Alpha Site is already compromised, so we might as well keep the mining site from necessary personnel. Besides, the mining site might eventually come under ghould attack. Not idea for a rec center.

C2 - Drunks with guns are less easy to control, not more so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andnjord

Arcane
A2 - Again, if you want to fight things you go the whole hog with it.
B1
C2 -
If they want fun they can go to our new luxuriant rec-center :obviously:

hello friend

Arcane
The first mistake was responding to hostile alien contact in an extreme crisis situation where humanity itself is under threat by... talking to the trees.

I mean what the fuck.

As for the Crom situation, the barbarians surrendered. We don't want to establish the precedent that surrender is useless, and so possibly trigger an all or nothing total war situation with the other tribes. Especially with our civvies scattered to the winds. Let's get our chickens home before we take a risk like that.

The first mistake was responding to hostile alien contact in an extreme crisis situation where humanity itself is under threat by... talking to the trees.
they were communicating and taking intelligent actions.

though apparently it was too savage and different a kind of intellect to reason with. We corrected this decision rapidly.
As for the Crom situation, the barbarians surrendered. We don't want to establish the precedent that surrender is useless, and so possibly trigger an all or nothing total war situation with the other tribes. Especially with our civvies scattered to the winds. Let's get our chickens home before we take a risk like that.
one fort surrendered. we have 13k people on that rock. they're about to become slaves and that includes some of earth's best scientists. I'd hate for these barbarians to learn how to make guns. we have a cause for war and complete superiority in every way but numbers. the time to press our advantage is now. after they are conquered, we can use them as shock troops in future invasions.

A2)

You know what time it is?

MAXIMUM FUCK

time!

Barbarians only understand strength!
Let them understand this: We are strong, and they are weak.
It is time for them to feel the true power of TERRA!
TERRA DOMINATUS!

b1) Don't like the place, but it seems we got things handled there right now. Not to mention, a rec center there means more troops there. Not to mention, we have a lot of civvies there already.

C1) The last few months have been hell, time to give the men a little reward. If the General had a bottle, everyone else should as well.

I told you we should have sent them to Land of Light. Splitting them was worst of all worlds. This was as good as murdering them and probably half the reason for the coup that just happened.

I actually thought we sent them all to Crom, I don't believe that splitting actually won.

Land of Light is Goa'uld territory, tho. Could have backfired horribly.

hello friend

Arcane
they were communicating and taking intelligent actions.

though apparently it was too savage and different a kind of intellect to reason with. We corrected this decision rapidly.
one fort surrendered. we have 13k people on that rock. they're about to become slaves and that includes some of earth's best scientists. I'd hate for these barbarians to learn how to make guns. we have a cause for war and complete superiority in every way but numbers. the time to press our advantage is now. after they are conquered, we can use them as shock troops in future invasions.
The fact that they're intelligent makes them all the more dangerous. The Goa'Uld are, themselves, a strong example of that. Any attempts to parlay with them could very well result in a major security breach, due to the covert nature of the parasite.

Where Crom is concerned, by going looking for them immediately rather than start a war, we're likely to find them sooner. We can recapture or ransom anyone who have been enslaved, dealing with one tribe at a time rather than dealing with some massive military alliance. Our strength has already been demonstrated on the tribe we liberated our team from. Rumours will spread. Some of these civvies have skills that are hard to replace, reacquiring these people is a top priority. Disproportionate retribution can come later, when and if it becomes actually beneficial. For a multitude of these barbarian tribes to exist, they must have some system of resolving their differences - even be that system something as simple as proportionate response. This is also very common to tribals. We can deal with them, and at present dealing with them is the way we lose the least. Deal with those who are willing to deal, and wipe off the face of the earth those who are not.

The fact that they're intelligent makes them all the more dangerous. The Goa'Uld are, themselves, a strong example of that. Any attempts to parlay with them could very well result in a major security breach, due to the covert nature of the parasite.
And going to war with such an organism on its home turf where there are possibly millions of them may be even more dangerous. At least trying to work out some kind of truce at first seemed the better option.

Where Crom is concerned, by going looking for them immediately rather than start a war, we're likely to find them sooner. We can recapture or ransom anyone who have been enslaved, dealing with one tribe at a time rather than dealing with some massive military alliance. Our strength has already been demonstrated on the tribe we liberated our team from. Rumours will spread.
You've convinced me.

Flopping my Crom vote to A1

I only hope they don't just bury their gate, though hopefully they will be too simple for that. Why did we send them there if we were just going to buy them back anyway? Craziness. I can see why that bitch tried to mutiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellraiser

Arcane
2) Order a preemptive strike before the mob is ready, clearing the area with machine gun fire.

Kill for fat howitzer loot if needed! It is army property after all, we need to reclaim it. They have to give it back peacefully or face the legal consequences.

Last edited:
From the day we accepted the refugees, I KNEW this would happen! But I accepted it because that was the best alternative - we needed more manpower at the time.

Looking at these survivors, these guys are desperate, but I don't think they're merely some civilians and amateurs. They go a bonafide M777 Howitzer and are loading it.
I suspect military or ex-military personnel. Perhaps lots of them.

Hmmmm... my instincts tell me to shoot at the rabble with machineguns and take that bitchin' howitzer for ourselves. Would also send a nice "fuck off we're full" message to all the people that keep coming to Cheyenne Mountain.

My other instincts tell me that we can use these people.
Namely, we could counter their barbarians with our own techno-barbarians.
Unleash a horde of Mad Max Road Warriors upon Crom.
Not very humane, but this will screw the tribes something fierce.

What do you guys think?

At the end of page one, you can see a D2 rolling option. I used this to break the tie before Lambchop changed his selection but the result was the same in either case. @The Brazilian Slaughter, you sent the last 40,000 survivors to three worlds, which is why Crom got 13,000. This time around, we're sending ten SG teams to Crom for scouting.

I swear I remember myself saying to send them to Mining World instead of Crom. Weird.

Andnjord

Arcane
Well, color me red and call me a commie but I wasn't expecting that. I'm all for BLAMING Xenos at first sight, but humans? That's a bit trickier :negative:..
Will answer tomorrow after my morning injection of Caffeine.

Andnjord

Arcane
What do you guys think?
What's Alpha Striking gonna achieve? We'll kill a few dozen now but there is 70 000 of them, they'll just be back the day after and besiege us if they don't zerg rush us and kill us all. We COULD send them to that paradise planet, that seems like it would be tempting enough for them. That'll let us know if that planet is safe or not. Those guys aren't the smartest and brightest of humanity now, are they? I feel like sending them on Crom would just make that planet even more of a mess than it currently is...

What's Alpha Striking gonna achieve? We'll kill a few dozen now but there is 70 000 of them, they'll just be back the day after and besiege us if they don't zerg rush us and kill us all.

A dozen? There guys are a big mob, SG teams could easily take down hundreds of them with high-powered rifles and, you know, being an actual skilled military force.

Well, for starters, we can weaken them and then get that big ol' cannon for ourselves, or explode the thing to deny it to them.
They can't sustain a siege, Wellesy says that they have less than a day of water. If they're organized enough (which is possible, see Howitzer), they could get water from elsewhere nearby, but it would be contaminated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain_Complex#Blast_doors

Blast doors

The 25-ton North blast door is the main entrance to another blast door (background) beyond which the side tunnel branches into access tunnels to the main chambers.
The bunker is built to deflect a 30 megaton nuclear explosion as close as 2 kilometers (1.2 mi).[15] Within a mountain tunnel are sets of 25-ton blast doors and another for the civil engineering department. The doors were built so that they can always be opened when needed. Should a nuclear blast hit the building, they are designed to withstand a blast wave. There is a network of blast valves with unique filters to capture airborne chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear contaminants.[13]

So yeah, without that cannon, they are not getting in, at all. I'm not even sure if their cannon can blow up one of these.

We COULD send them to that paradise planet, that seems like it would be tempting enough for them. That'll let us know if that planet is safe or not. Those guys aren't the smartest and brightest of humanity now, are they? I feel like sending them on Crom would just make that planet even more of a mess than it currently is...

Ins't that planet a barren moonscape with a virtual reality machine? What even happened there?

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
They can't sustain a siege, Wellesy says that they have less than a day of water. If they're organized enough (which is possible, see Howitzer), they could get water from elsewhere nearby, but it would be contaminated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain_Complex#Blast_doors

Blast doors

The 25-ton North blast door is the main entrance to another blast door (background) beyond which the side tunnel branches into access tunnels to the main chambers.
The bunker is built to deflect a 30 megaton nuclear explosion as close as 2 kilometers (1.2 mi).[15] Within a mountain tunnel are sets of 25-ton blast doors and another for the civil engineering department. The doors were built so that they can always be opened when needed. Should a nuclear blast hit the building, they are designed to withstand a blast wave. There is a network of blast valves with unique filters to capture airborne chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear contaminants.[13]

So yeah, without that cannon, they are not getting in, at all. I'm not even sure if their cannon can blow up one of these.

Ok, so I guess blasting them might be safer than I thought. Still, that we would be essentially cutting ties with Earth for the foreseeable future. Are we ready to do so already?

Ins't that planet a barren moonscape with a virtual reality machine? What even happened there?
Is that a SG lore thing? Because MercantileInterest hasn't said anything about it. As far as we know nothing happened yet, it's just a planet too pretty and clean to be safe.

Andnjord

Arcane

hello friend

Arcane
5) The military's mandate is to safeguard the nation, that is to say, the civilians by proxy. The nation is lost, so now we safeguard humanity. We should never lose sight of that fact. As such, sending a bunch of understandably unprepared civilians to a relatively unexplored planet is something we'd ideally like to avoid. But! Desperate times... We'll know soon enough if it's safe or not, if they take the deal.

And we certainly cannot jeopardise the other colonies. Any outpost established with these 70k must be considered a revolt risk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom