Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A1 and thus b6.
C2
For D I go with Storyfag for the nonce.

A2-Don't

Reason: If we catch the Goa'ulds attention it could doom us.

B1
- Land of light
Reason: The situation is a mess, and looks like it will require a ruthless hand. Perfect for Maybourne.
We should never send him to the Alpha site, if he conspires with the leader there it'll be too much for us. Nor can he cooperate with O'neill, as it's clear O'neill hates him.

C2 - For the delicious brutality of it.
Reason: I'm not sure it's right, it might be better to make the barbarians kill each other. But it's gonna win anyway and I kinda like the concept :M

On women: It kinda depends on what the in game stats of wahmen military is. Equal to men, or less? Long term women will have to be forced into becoming birth machines to even restore civilization, so we shouldn't allow any new women recruits. I guess I support storyfag.

hello friend

Arcane
A1 - The potential rewards could be great, we just don't know enough. Could be very risky, but maybe send two teams, one to scout and one to provide backup if needed. If first team runs into trouble and can't be salvaged, at least the second team would be able to bring back a report on whatever panicked update team 1 sent over short wave radio in those final moments. Both teams should be equipped with suicide pills, and ready to use them. Might be best to make it a volunteer mission, dno.

B2 - We need eyes on Rush NOW.

C2
- It serves both to strengthen our myth in the eyes of the barbarians and make us more valuable as an ally. Win-win for (probably) little cost.

The Brazilian Slaughter's D

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I really think we oughta find some proper civvie to be the a puppet President and take most of the blame for things and tell other military to STFU and follow Wallesy.
We could just be a defacto military Emperor.

We create a civilian government for all non-military matters, but holds no power over the military and the military holds complete and ultimate authority even over civilian matters.

We are in a war for our species after all. And even if we defeat the Goa'uld, I'm sure we could find other threats to justify continuing this indefinitely.

A1 - maybe we can capture the ship.

B2 > B1 - He's a general, let's treat him with the respect he's both due and accustomed to. He's also extremely valuable due to his compatibility with our command style. I would rather him not get killed in B6.

C2 - I guess we've made our choice and should commit to it.

D1 - brazillan slaughter's D

hello friend

Arcane
We're not carving out a piece for ourself here. The case for martial law makes itself, and we've got to keep humanity alive and thriving, but if a commander higher up the chain of command shows up, we should at least consider deferring to him. If it's just a political appointee, we might have to get rid of him on the down low. Either way, the moment we publicly step out of the military chain of command we lose all legitimacy in the eyes of any who are not already die hard loyal to us personally. This isn't Mad Max.

Either way, the moment we publicly step out of the military chain of command we lose all legitimacy in the eyes of any who are not already die hard loyal to us personally.

Well, according to conventional morals. But 21th century morals will not survive long in post-apocalypse.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A2 - I'd support a stealthy recon mission if it could be done, but of things go sideways we could have Jaffa at the gate.
B5
C1
D I don't object to TBS's plan for the ladies and fraternizing. I'm less enthusiastic about the military dictatorship stuff. Sounds like a good way to fracture everything and lose some people.

That would't be a bad idea. We do need someone to keep the civvies in check. I would suggest something descentralized in order to prevent a separate power base, but strong enough to avoid Rush taking over Alpha Site or something.
Civilian government would keep the civies in check, but be answerable to us.

It's exactly what we have now, martial law, only with a functioning civilian government underneath so that we don't have to pave the roads, water the crops, arrest petty criminals etc. It would also provide the people someone who is accountable to them and an illusion of control.

I'm open to it being decentralized though.

Keep in mind that my ultimate vision is something akin to the episode Absolute Power, where we effectively become a sort of System Lord on the level of, or beyond the level of, the Goa'uld themselves.

What we don't want is an actual civilian government who will make mistakes like the ones that lead to humanity's downfall - even though it has resulted in a pretty kick ass let's play. :M

Also, Usury, can we give a name to our executioner major who offed Kinsey? I feel such an accomplishment needs to be recognized. An employee of the month plaque at least.

No children or elderly remained, as the barbarians choked them and cooked the corpses as food for the other prisoners.
Negotiations may have failed, but I'm kind of glad they did. They all deserved to die.
Most of the earth population recovered quickly but several thousand were still ill, so the offensive stalled out.
Usury what are the symptoms? Is it the blight or have we cured it with strong antihistamines in this timeline? Would we be aloud to cure it?

If it's not the blight, A2 and B2, otherwise if it is and we can't cure it through the power of my having memorized half the series, A1 and B3.

C1.

A2 B2>B1 C1

We can fight the sickness with our medicine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah fuck, I knew this would end up badly. Pretty much thought we had no honour.
Yeah, I had that thought as well.

They were pricks though. We should kill most of them and make them into "laborers" instead of allies.

Also, our powers are evident and they are too primitive to understand or honor the concept of an alliance.

Usury, I think it's time we tested out the whole "pretend to be a deity" angle to control these savages. Seems to work well enough for the guld.

You can think of the situation as analogous to the European arrival in the Americas, with Earth filling the role of the Americas. Difference is, you have actual scientific immunology instead of dancing medicine men.
updated my original post then. It sounds treatable, though it may weaken us in the short term.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Aren't proper boats kind of too big to fit through the gate? My response to A depends on the anwser.

B1 - incidentally, it'd be good to equip the drones with Jaffa shooting sticks and mine the fuel the Goa'uld are so fond of.
C4
D1

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A1 - if a glider fits, fishing/speedboats will fit.
B2 - we don't want them to get the idea that we care too much about our people. They'll learn to capture our dudes for ransom or such.
C5
D1

Well, guess things went well in Land of Light. Don't like it, but they started it. Now we can dictate terms and impose a proper peace.
Peace? You mean worship.

The next city to rebel will feel the wrath of Wellesy, the ruler of fire and death. :M

Hmmmm... Rush. I'm wary of him and his act. On the other hand, I kind of respect the man. He is smart, he has initiative. He gets shit done.
yeah, I have similar thoughts. there's a danger in giving in to paranoia and habitually saying no to the man, thus making him our enemy completely.

Don't forget, O'Neil is on the mining planet. We want O'Neil happy and thinking he is on the side of the angels, he is one of our better officers after all.
O'Neill is never going to think that. But you have a good point in reminding us that he's there. Providing him a fighting force to rebel against us with could be a problem. We need to send him elsewhere.

The fact is though, these barbarians murdered a lot of people, including the elderly and children and forcefed their corpses to their friends and family.

Hard labor for life is hardly a strange punishment. They're lucky we didn't just kill them.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom