Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Sacibengala

Prophet
Mor_1x1_1080-1024x1024.jpeg

looks like a flyer for a drag show

Looks like the new Dragon Age is taking place in the year 3000, or the '80s/early '90s.
They don't know yet that cyberpunk 2077 was a flop in internet credits.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Can't wait to watch livestream of killings in Bioware HQ during upcoming Civil War. Dead trannies with Dragon Age tshirts will swing on the trees. fantadomat will be new Bioware CEO, after the Civil War. Everything post-Awakening expansion for DA:O will be deleted from memory

Codex Year of the Donut
His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable

His motive isn't inscrutable. It's not desirable, but it's perfectly easy to understand. He's a nostalgiafag.

And sometimes questionable? I reckon unmaking the world as is, and effectively killing off most of the population isn't "sometimes questionable", it's absolutely evil.
you have to understand,
most of the people left who are still interested in this game are obese legbeards that regularly get off to solas

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable

His motive isn't inscrutable. It's not desirable, but it's perfectly easy to understand. He's a nostalgiafag.

And sometimes questionable? I reckon unmaking the world as is, and effectively killing off most of the population isn't "sometimes questionable", it's absolutely evil.
you have to understand,
most of the people left who are still interested in this game are obese legbeards that regularly get off to solas

Or sex starved obese divorcees (who were housewives during DAI and DA2).

Häyhä

Arbiter

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of drooling 'tards! I never visit Resetera, but just scrolling past the first page revealed quite a lot. Do these excuses for human beings have any functioning brain-cells or are they a hive-mind of the OBEY CONSUME "aliens"?

Here's a bunch of choice quotes from this shining beacon of wisdom:

Nice! Love the new logo.

Where wolf?

They're continuing to refer to Solas as the "Dread Wolf" yet the title of the game is "Dreadwolf." I hope there's some kind of significance to that because the inconsistency bothers me. :)

ooh purple.

I mean what the actual... :retarded:

Narax

Educated
Should have went for red lyrium aesthetics instead of tumblr-purple, it fits the overall "bleak" theme they're trying to go for. Regardless, the game will be shit either way.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of drooling 'tards! I never visit Resetera, but just scrolling past the first page revealed quite a lot. Do these excuses for human beings have any functioning brain-cells or are they a hive-mind of the OBEY CONSUME "aliens"?

Nice! Love the new logo.

Where wolf?

They're continuing to refer to Solas as the "Dread Wolf" yet the title of the game is "Dreadwolf." I hope there's some kind of significance to that because the inconsistency bothers me. :)

ooh purple.

The way Cuckdex discusses games isn't much better.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Should have went for red lyrium aesthetics instead of tumblr-purple, it fits the overall "bleak" theme they're trying to go for. Regardless, the game will be shit either way.
They don't want to be bleak. The current team already talked about how they dislike Origins' dark fantasy elements.

arekks

Novice

He's right though... it's twisted to call the game Dreadwolf but have the thing in the game called the Dread Wolf. Are they even thinking of dyslexics and people with learning disabilities who might get confused? It's absolutely IMPERATIVE (and so important!) that we drop a BLU-113 Super Penetrator on Bioware HQ before more people are harmed.

I'm glad though I haven't played any Dragon Age since the first one. Corporate WRPG seems like the worst type of game.

Codex Year of the Donut

Nice! Love the new logo.

Where wolf?

ooh purple.

The way Cuckdex discusses games isn't much better.
Other than a handful of devs that get you codex cool kid club points for hating, most codexers will happily slurp up this type of garbage.
Basically, if this was another company other than bioware releasing the same exact game, the thread would be booming.

Inland Empire

Novice
:D
https://blog.bioware.com/2022/05/27/developer-story-corinne-busche/

ON DRAGON AGE

The Dragon Age franchise has a very special place in Corinne’s heart. In part, she says, that’s because the games are all about possibility. “In Dragon Age, you can be who you want to be, explore the possibilities and consequences of your choices, and build relationships that leave a lasting impression,” she says. “Few games give players that kind of autonomy while also weaving such a rich narrative—I think it really speaks to why our players feel so invested in this world.”

And the idea of being who you want to be carries a particularly special meaning for Corinne. “As a queer trans woman,” she says, “I have a perspective on the games that not everyone has. Dragon Age has long been a place where LGBTQIA+ folks can see people like themselves, represented respectfully. It’s inherently very queer, and it’s such a rare thing for marginalized communities to have representation where we feel proud and powerful in how we are depicted. It’s so deeply meaningful for so many. I often get emotional when I think about what it would have meant for a younger version of myself to see someone like her in a game, and as a hero, no less. I hope we can be a safe place for our queer players to know they are not alone, that they are brilliant and worthy, that they are not only welcome but celebrated.”

Vatnik Wumao
They don't want to be bleak. The current team already talked about how they dislike Origins' dark fantasy elements.
They disliked the only redeeming quality of the original (which otherwise is quite the mediocre game in a vanilla fantasy setting).

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
:D
ON DRAGON AGE

The Dragon Age franchise has a very special place in Corinne’s heart. In part, she says, that’s because the games are all about possibility. “In Dragon Age, you can be who you want to be, explore the possibilities and consequences of your choices, and build relationships that leave a lasting impression,” she says. “Few games give players that kind of autonomy while also weaving such a rich narrative—I think it really speaks to why our players feel so invested in this world.”

I want to be a straight man with a hot girlfriend. Guess that's too weird for them to accommodate.

And the idea of being who you want to be carries a particularly special meaning for Corinne. “As a queer trans woman,” she says, “I have a perspective on the games that not everyone has. Dragon Age has long been a place where LGBTQIA+ folks can see people like themselves, represented respectfully. It’s inherently very queer, and it’s such a rare thing for marginalized communities to have representation where we feel proud and powerful in how we are depicted. It’s so deeply meaningful for so many. I often get emotional when I think about what it would have meant for a younger version of myself to see someone like her in a game, and as a hero, no less. I hope we can be a safe place for our queer players to know they are not alone, that they are brilliant and worthy, that they are not only welcome but celebrated.”

Summarized: "As a man who cut his dick off, Dragon Age has long been a place where straight players can pretend to be queer and/or have a cishet relationship with some fuggo and this makes me happy."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom