Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I was so thirsty for good RPGs in the mid 2010's I actually went through the entire trilogy, wanting to figure out the ultimate fate of my Noble Dwarven Rogue from the first game. Even suffered all the way through the 2nd game. And you know what? I'm happy with the answer I got in Inquisition.

Like they seemingly always do, they waited way too fucking long to make a new entry to this series, and for some reason they think it can hack it as some online thing. When the best feature has always been the pages and pages worth of background and lore. JFC.

Like, I was the market for this thing. I waited for it at first. But it's been so long I can't even begin to care. The fact that it's a guaranteed, sure fire, no-nonsense fuck up of a game doesn't help.
Gaps of 10+ years between sequals in popular franchises are managerial retardation. Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, GTA...From my limited time on Earth, I discovered that 9/10 managers are complete retards who don't know how to tie their shoes let alone run anything

Gargaune

Magister
DA2 was mediocre
Merriam-Webster said:
Definition of mediocre
me·di·o·cre | \ ˌmē-dē-ˈō-kər
: of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so

Examples of mediocre in a Sentence
// Dragon Age: Inquisiton was a mediocre product, but Dragon Age 2 was a festering bag of shit.

Gargaune

Magister
DA2 > DAI. I'll take reused location assets over MMO style gameplay anyday.
Absolutely disagree, I'd rather pay $5 for a stale sandwich than for a picture of a great sandwich. Though I don't wanna spend too much time comparing turds.

Vatnik Wumao
Absolutely disagree, I'd rather pay $5 for a stale sandwich than for a picture of a great sandwich. Though I don't wanna spend too much time comparing turds.
Yeah nah. Nothing in DA2 is as bad as when a game forces you to repeatedly tweak your PC timezone in order to advance their wartable gimmick without having to wait for hours akin to some MMO.

But I mirror your sentiment. No point in wasting too much time arguing over which of these two was worse.

Poseidon00

Arcane
All of this time we've wasted on the elves should have gone to the dwarves. Easily the best part of Dragon Age lore imo

Gargaune

Magister
Yeah nah. Nothing in DA2 is as bad as when a game forces you to repeatedly tweak your PC timezone in order to advance their wartable gimmick without having to wait for hours akin to some MMO.

But I mirror your sentiment. No point in wasting too much time arguing over which of these two was worse.
Look, I apologise, I don't wanna go back on my word here, but I'm compelled to technically agree with you - nothing in DA2 is as bad, because there's nothing in DA2.

Ruh roh, you made the mistake of saying that one piece of shit is slightly less smelly than another piece of shit.

That won't fly on the Codex. Especially not when one of those pieces of shit happens to be the favorite guilty pleasure of Popamole-dexers.

Yosharian

Arcane
FWIW I managed to complete DA2 twice but couldn't get past the first 5-6 hours of DA:I, and I even tried to play DA:I again later on and couldn't stomach more than a few hours of it.

The game is repellent, DA2 is mediocre but is way more playable than DA:I.

None of the Dragon Age games are particularly good though, even Origins isn't very good.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
even Origins isn't very good.
Origins does however have its moments. The Sacred Ashes quest line is excellent.
I have a bit of a soft spot for Origins, even if it hasn't held up well, especially with more competition in the genre nowadays. DA2 and DAI are brutal though and my experience is similar to Yosharian's. I've beaten DA2 like 2 or maybe 3 times, but I've never gotten more than a few hours into DAI before I want to kill myself and I uninstall it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
IT will be a shit RPG but will at least have a good story?

DA2 is a complete shit rpg but I enjoyed a bit the mages X templars story. Way better than "go save the world from darkspawn".

Cael

Arcane
DA:I is retarded. The travel time between Redcliff and Val Royeaux is like 15 min, when it was established in Origins that the Mage Tower to Orzammar is 2 weeks.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Search Dragon Age: DreadWolf developers. Start with Patrick Weeks. Sick, retarded, political zealots who bleed from their self inflicted wounds where once their micro penises proudly wiggled - do NOT make good RPGs. Modern Dragon Age audience consists of trannies, lispy gays, hendicaps, smug lesbians, fat feminists, ANTIFA etc. I'm not exaggerating. They are making game for their audience
I'll say it again. Patrick Weekes once reduced Jessica Alba's entire worth as a human being to *just a sex object*. Now he's a blue haired tranny.

Be aware of the extreme flip-floppers. They be the worst.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Search Dragon Age: DreadWolf developers. Start with Patrick Weeks. Sick, retarded, political zealots who bleed from their self inflicted wounds where once their micro penises proudly wiggled - do NOT make good RPGs. Modern Dragon Age audience consists of trannies, lispy gays, hendicaps, smug lesbians, fat feminists, ANTIFA etc. I'm not exaggerating. They are making game for their audience
I'll say it again. Patrick Weekes once reduced Jessica's Alba's entire worth as a human being to *just a sex object*. Now he's a blue haired tranny.

Be aware of the extreme flip-floppers. They be the worst.
Source?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Just google this creature's name or go to itz Twitter page: Patrick Weeks. FFS Bioware used to have perpetually angry Pajeet ultra anti-white racist who would daily post on Twitter how much he hates Whites. Like for example - if straight white male was burning in front of him, he wouldn't even piss on burning body, no matter the urge to piss, he'd watch white devil burn to crisps. All along while proudly wearing Working @ Bioware badge

Do I have to say that if any other developer as much as simply said that Indian cuisine is not good for their stomach would be publicly crucified? When will we realize that this is not a drill, this is not a drill. WOKE hates you, wants you miserable and dead, and is in open war with you. Least you could do, out of respect for yourself, is not to consume Enemy's propaganda

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
At this point wondering why neo-Dragon Age games are increasingly bad to average Codexer is akin to allied soldiers being buffled while in Nazi cartoons they're portraied badly

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom