Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Origins lore was quite good, I thought? DA2 was retarded and I haven't played Inquisition because why would you

Vatnik Wumao
Yup, Gaydar uses exactly the same type of mental gymnastics and retarded word redefinitions that we see from DAI fanboys. "Really wants to fight doesn't mean really wants to be a soldier, it means really wants to be tested to be a soldier... oh wait, this is just as much of a contradiction of the lore established in earlier games. Oh well, better not mention that part and instead start spouting drivel about gender essentialism. Lulz!!!"

Abysmal dishonesty bordering on mental illness.
Aw, the little man got triggered. :( Good thing that he has his safe space to throw ad hominems my way while having me on his ignore list.

Can't handle the bacon

DAO lore was an interesting mish-mash of concepts from various other fantasy series, mostly LotR, WoT, Dune and Warhammer, serviceable enough for a video game.

DAII did not add a whole lot of new lore that I can remember (some visual designs were updated to match the new graphics, but not much beyond that), and DAI injected copious amounts of tumblr-level wokeshit that directly contradicted both the letter and spirit of previous games. DA4 will likely make the lore even more woke, and then crash and burn like Mass Effect: Androgyny.

Can't handle the bacon

The tranny Qunari stuff, and their new take on gender, was clearly ret-conned into DA:I for woke reasons. To push the "gender is not sex/biological" agenda.
Indeed, and the only ones who seem to be denying the retcon are crypto-woke far-left commies who have already presupposed that there actually exists such a thing as a "non-biological gender identity" which is not only real, but actually takes precedence over biological gender/sex, and then use that presupposition to justify Qunari trannification and claim that there is no conflict with established lore, when the existence and validity of a "gender identity" that is separate from your in-born characteristics is the very thing in question.

In other words, if we redefine "man" to mean "anyone who fights", then there is no retcon. Oh wait, but there is zero justification for this redefinition of terms, and also even if you do this, there is still a direct contradiction. Oopsie.

Mauman

Learned
I feel like I inadvertently opened Pandora's Box.

Ok, even if you're capable of the amazing mental gymnastics to deny retcons or whatever, can we at least all agree that the Qunari are shit?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I feel like I inadvertently opened Pandora's Box.

Ok, even if you're capable of the amazing mental gymnastics to deny retcons or whatever, can we at least all agree that the Qunari are shit?

Dragon Age as a whole is shit. The setting had potential and some fairly interesting implications in things that were presented in DAO and then they immediately shoved everything straight down the shitter in true nu-Bioware fashion.

I'm actually not sure how any non-SJWs find any interest in this series at this point, unless they're planning a complete reboot and mechanics overhaul back in line with an IE successor instead of a single player MMO like DAI or whatever garbage DA2 was.
Either way, the mechanics have been so shallow in all of these games that even if they did a reboot back towards DAO, it'd still be more like baby's first isometric RPG more than anything else.

Ehrenmann

I still can't believe they literally sold the ending of DA:I (Trespasser) as a dlc. :hahano:

Am excited to play the upcoming game so I can stop the evil racist Solas.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
FiVSZsV.jpg

Can't handle the bacon

That won't stop them from making the next game's characters intentionally ugly.
Only the female characters. Male characters will probably still be hot.
Male characters will look like women, and women will look like goblins. I can't wait for purple hair to become a fashion norm in Faggot Age land.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Matt Goldman, Dragon Age's Senior Creative Director, Has Left BioWare

His departure was announced earlier today in an email sent to staff by BioWare studio GM Gary McKay:
Hi everyone,

I hope you are well. I’m writing to inform you all that Matt Goldman is leaving BioWare. We have mutually agreed to part ways, and his last day is today.

We understand that Matt’s departure has an impact on you, as well as the game’s development. Rest assured our commitment to a high-quality Dragon Age game has not waivered, and we will not ship a game that is not up to BioWare’s standards.

We, including EA’s executive team, have absolute confidence in the leadership here at the studio and the people working on this game to carry forward our vision.
Goldman first joined BioWare in 1998, and worked as an artist on everything from Baldur’s Gate to Jade Empire to the first few Dragon Age games. After a brief stint at Ensemble, where he worked on Halo Wars, in 2017 he took over as senior creative director on Dragon Age 4 after early work on the sequel was thrown out and the game’s direction rebooted.

https://kotaku.com/dragon-ages-senior-creative-director-has-left-bioware-1848114644

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom