Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

swtor prints money and is low investment, which is hilarious considering the terrible launch
I was there for the launch of TOR and slightly before it during the very last days of beta, and launch went fine for me. I grouped with several friends the first day and it was smooth sailing, no crashes or anything. About the only thing I noticed about the launch was that it didn't feel like a launch because by then it had been played for so long. There was barely any socializing going on in all-chat, but I saw plenty of other groups of players. Were things worse on other servers or something?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

That logo looks incredibly cartoonish though.

https://www.ea.com/games/dragon-age/news/alpha-milestone

A New Milestone for Dragon Age: Dreadwolf​

Moving closer and closer to completion.​

Hello,
In my last blog, back in February, I talked about the next Dragon Age™ game entering the production phase. Well, we’ve come a very long way since then, and the team is incredibly happy to announce a huge step forward in the development of the game you now know as Dragon Age: Dreadwolf: We have just completed our Alpha milestone!
Up to this point, we’ve been working hard on the various parts of the game, but it’s not until the Alpha milestone that a game all comes together. Now, for the first time, we can experience the entire game, from the opening scenes of the first mission to the very end. We can see, hear, feel, and play everything as a cohesive experience.

NOW WHAT?
Of course, the game is not finished by any means, but Alpha is one of the most important game development milestones for a number of reasons. First and foremost, we can now turn our sights toward bringing the visual fidelity to its final form and iterating on gameplay features. The big question now is, “Where do we focus our efforts?” To answer that, we solicit feedback from a number of sources, including our Community Council members who each have unique perspectives and experiences, our quality verification team, and extensive internal playtesting. Gathering feedback from multiple sources gives us the greatest insight on where we need to spend more time improving the experience.
Additionally, we can now evaluate the game's pacing, how relationships evolve over time, and the player’s progression, as well as narrative cohesion—essentially how the story comes together. We can take the story we’ve written and see if we’re expressing it well through the characters, dialogue, cinematics, and ultimately, the player’s journey. Now that we have the ability to do a complete playthrough, we can iterate and polish on the things that matter most to our fans.
Hitting Alpha was the culmination of so much effort from the entire team and we used this milestone as an opportunity to come together and celebrate. We held a hybrid-style event with people onsite while others joined remotely and the team showcased their work to everyone at BioWare. We even took some time to do something fun and non-work related—a virtual escape room where we had to work together to help someone on camera find their way out. It was a really great time, and no matter where our devs are, it's important to share these types of moments together.

START TO FINISH
Now that we’re finally able to experience the entire game, for me, my favorite part is the characters. Whether followers, allies, or villains, they’re woven into the game in ways that take a concept that’s always been a part of the Dragon Age DNA—stories about people—and push it further than ever before. The characters help contextualize the world and the stakes, and I can’t wait until we’re able to start really discussing them in depth.
It’s also exciting to finally be able to bring our fans to parts of the world that we’ve previously hinted at, but never been able to fully explore—like the city of Minrathous, the capital of the Tevinter Empire. We’ve talked about Minrathous in previous games, and now you’ll finally be able to visit! It’s a city built on and fuelled by magic, and the ways in which that has come through in its visual identity, and what that looks like in comparison to previous cities we’ve visited in Dragon Age, are pretty spectacular.
As I mentioned earlier, the Alpha milestone is an extremely important one for us, but there’s more work to be done. We also want to continue being transparent with you, our community, and keep you up to date on what we’re crafting. Hopefully you’ve been enjoying our development updates on Dreadwolf this year as we’ll be looking to share more in the future.

IN CLOSING
Of course, Dreadwolf isn’t the only thing happening here at BioWare™! We have a team hard at work envisioning what the future holds for a new single-player Mass Effect™ game. And we look forward to celebrating our community on N7 Day next month. The SWTOR team also continues to work on their next update, so keep an eye on SWTOR.com and their social media accounts for any and all details on the coming game update.
It’s an incredible time at BioWare! We have so many cool things to show you in the future. Until then, thanks for being part of our community. We couldn’t do this without you.

Stay well,

Gary McKay
General Manager

Last edited by a moderator:

A-Minish

Educated
*see the title's font and color* If this is any indication then the next trailer might have this kind of music :

We already had Marilyn Manson for an DAOrigin trailer 13 years ago, so why no this at this point ?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
8 years for an alpha, well done, just a bit shorter than the entire time between BG2 and dragon age origins.

They haven't worked 8 years on it. After finishing Anthem, they started with a version that later got canceled again. This version is perhaps 3-4 years in development, which is average for modern Triple-A games.

Modron

Arcane
*see the title's font and color* If this is any indication then the next trailer might have this kind of music :

We already had Marilyn Manson for an DAOrigin trailer 13 years ago, so why no this at this point ?

Sorry Unusual Findings already did it.

samoilaaa

Educated
https://twitter.com/patrickweekes this guy is the lead writer , cant wait to see the epic stories he will create btw he wants children under 10 to be exposed to transgender people

from his twitter page "A new NATIONAL bill by Republicans would ban any exposure to transgenderism to children under the age of 10. This would fire all trans teachers, Trans workers in hospitals that serve children, counselors, social workers. " and he wants people to vote against that bill

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://twitter.com/patrickweekes this guy is the lead writer , cant wait to see the epic stories he will create btw he wants children under 10 to be exposed to transgender people

from his twitter page "A new NATIONAL bill by Republicans would ban any exposure to transgenderism to children under the age of 10. This would fire all trans teachers, Trans workers in hospitals that serve children, counselors, social workers. " and he wants people to vote against that bill
Shoulda ban them from gamedev also, but this train is long gone.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The future of Dragon Age franchise is brighter than ever
Z8jyuR.jpeg

Codex Year of the Donut
8 years for an alpha, well done, just a bit shorter than the entire time between BG2 and dragon age origins.

They haven't worked 8 years on it. After finishing Anthem, they started with a version that later got canceled again. This version is perhaps 3-4 years in development, which is average for modern Triple-A games.
You're right.
Bioware worked on neverwinter nights, kotor, jade empire, and mass effect in that time period.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is there a happy medium between this
your choice is between women that look and act like men or "women" who look like alien children and act like toddlers

people who pretend asian games are any better are just as weird as people who think women looking like ugly men is fine

I find it funny when people say that Japanese games/media is a bastion of 'BASED'. Its just a differing version of the degeneracy of poz, filled with effeminate ladyboys and pedo bait.

Cael

Arcane
your choice is between women that look and act like men or "women" who look like alien children and act like toddlers

people who pretend asian games are any better are just as weird as people who think women looking like ugly men is fine

I find it funny when people say that Japanese games/media is a bastion of 'BASED'. Its just a differing version of the degeneracy of poz, filled with effeminate ladyboys and pedo bait.
Son, their "effeminate ladyboys" kick more ass than your regular tranny pronoun-enabled Western "hero".

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Dragon Age:Dreadwolf. A story about Patrick Weekes and his pronouns.
10/10 - A true cinematic experience - IGN
10/10 - A mesmerizing and gripping story,complete with a deep analysis on the effects of White Supremacy on western society - Kotaku.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
By now enough time has passed that everyone has forgotten Anthem and people are already calling Andromeda underrated. DA4 will be regarded as a return to Bioware's glory days and will sell millions of copies at launch.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
By now enough time has passed that everyone has forgotten Anthem and people are already calling Andromeda underrated. DA4 will be regarded as a return to Bioware's glory days and will sell millions of copies at launch.
andromeda isn't even a real bioware game, just a mass effect game from a studio EA decided to label as a bioware studio. Its "studio" was inside of EA Montreal's studio. They've only released two games in the past decade.

Shin

Cipher

but it's only half as degenerative if the effeminate ladyboys also functions as pedo bait, so jRPGs are pretty ok

Cael

Arcane

but it's only half as degenerative if the effeminate ladyboys also functions as pedo bait, so jRPGs are pretty ok
They may look like ladyboys, but they are more hetero than your average Western "hero".

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
There was a time in comics and cartoons, the 80s and the 90s I think, when the Japanese depiction of the androgynous "hero" was a literal antidote, and a breath of fresh air, when compared to the dumb western bodybuilding fetish representation of the male "hero".

There were exceptions obviously (Berseck, etc.), but in general Japanese heroes were less ridiculous than western ones. (Note: this applies for US western comics. European comics were superior to both US and Japanese)

However, now it is impossible to deny that there is decline also in Japanese media, filled to the brim with cliché, pedo-shit and fan-service cringe.

Cael

Arcane
There was a time in comics and cartoons, the 80s and the 90s I think, when the Japanese depiction of the androgynous "hero" was a literal antidote, and a breath of fresh air, when compared to the dumb western bodybuilding fetish representation of the male "hero".

There were exceptions obviously (Berseck, etc.), but in general Japanese heroes were less ridiculous than western ones. (Note: this applies for US western comics. European comics were superior to both US and Japanese)

However, now it is impossible to deny that there is decline also in Japanese media, filled to the brim with cliché, pedo-shit and fan-service cringe.
Different strokes for different folks. The Japanese view the body-builders as homosexual. The androgynous look is manly. You might not like it, but the toon ain't aimed at you.

Camel

Scholar
EA should put Bioware out of its misery already. Hopefully suits will pull the trigger after DA4.
Man_sitting_on_a_dead_horse_%281876_-_1884%29_%28retouched%29.jpg

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

Different strokes for different folks. The Japanese view the body-builders as homosexual. The androgynous look is manly. You might not like it, but the toon ain't aimed at you.

I, too, am happy that we have different versions of pozzed media to choose from as our children are castrated by the State and turned into non-binary gender fluid birthing and non-birthing people.

Cael

Arcane

I, too, am happy that we have different versions of pozzed media to choose from as our children are castrated by the State and turned into non-binary gender fluid birthing and non-birthing people.
The difference is that the Japanese government isn't trying that. The Western governments, on the other hand...

Modron

Arcane
Based Japanese government backing ass first into even less of a birthrate without even trying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom