Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Dragon Age II: Timeline of Thedas

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Jul 15, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>Gameinformer continues to inform us. This time you may learn something about the <a href="http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/14/dragon-age-ii-timeline-of-thedas.aspx" target="_blank">epic historical events</a> in the Dragon Age Universe.</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>Dragon Age II has gamers wondering what the future holds for BioWare's fantasy epic, but some answers can be found by examining the past. The developer has mapped out centuries of history for Thedas (the continent where the Dragon Age series takes place), and these excerpts from BioWare's timeline contain several clues as to central themes and key locations you'll explore in the series' next entry.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p><strong>1195 Ancient Times:</strong> By magic and steel, Darinius seized the great city of Minrathous and declared himself Archon &ndash; both king and high enchanter.&nbsp;Those who supported him became Magisters, mage-lords of the realm. At Darinius&rsquo; command, they conquered all neighboring lands and the rise of the Tevinter Imperium in Thedas began.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98764-dragon-age-ii-timeline-of-thedas.html">GB</a></p>

^ Top  
  2. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I like this bit.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Quilty Magister

Quilty
    I still can't believe this. It's so fucking ridiculous a monkey on crack wouldn't come up with it.

^ Top  
  4. dragonfk Erudite

dragonfk
    Spot on comments. How did you come up with these? :M

^ Top  
  5. KalosKagathos Prestigious Gentleman Learned

KalosKagathos
    Greek.
    Latin.

It's like Gaider can't decide which culture he's planning to rape.

^ Top  
  6. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    This is what millions of dollars can come up with: First nothing happened then someone with a mighty name conquers the world and establishes the Roman Empire...

Then every 200 years something else happened that was epic.

^ Top  
  7. ScottishMartialArts Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Gaider just needs to choke on a hamburger and die so that his shitty writing can't ruin any more computer games.

^ Top  
  8. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    I don't think it's his fault. At least not entirely. Bioware games are just simple story wise. They always have clear, solid writing, but it's always just completely boring. I tried out both DA and ME and it was just simply boring. You know what? Maybe they just shouldn't of had that much writing, I don't know. Never tried ME2 nor do I think I'll try DA2. Just don't like their games and that's a shame...

^ Top  
  9. ScottishMartialArts Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    ME2 is a substantial improvement over 1 in the writing department. There are still facepalm moments, but they are far, far less common. Plus I found Miranda's Aussie accent absolutely intoxicating.

^ Top  
  10. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    Nope! Not gonna happen. I'm done with that company. I've heard far too many times that their games are "actually not that bad!" and I ain't falling for it again.

Last one of their games I enjoyed was BG2.

^ Top  
  11. Achilles Arcane

Achilles
    obvious fix.

^ Top  
  12. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    After BG2 only two things really worth checking out is HotU and ME2, seriously try them.

^ Top  
  13. bhlaab Arbiter

bhlaab
    When in the timeline do all the environment textures disappear between Dragon Age 1 and 2

^ Top  
  14. Sceptic Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Sceptic
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Not really, they both have the same amount of facepalm-inducing writing. It's just that ME1's is all over the place whereas ME2's is concentrated into everything to do with the main plot. The good thing is that you go through large portions of the game thinking to yourself "Gee, the writing's pretty good". The flip side is that, once you reach the scenes with the Collectors, the sheer concentration of dumbfuckery will break your brain.

^ Top  
  15. Ruprekt Scholar

Ruprekt
    What's the closest historical analogue to Dragon Age? e.g. how Dark Sun is the Sumerian city states or Tamriel is the Roman empire.

^ Top  
  16. Annonchinil Scholar

Annonchinil
    I was hoping the sequel would be more planescapy and focus on the Golden city and such and such.

^ Top  
  17. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    No, you're wrong. It's HotU and Witch's Wake worth checking out. Bioware made shiny, small gem called Witch's Wake and then collapsed into the black hole of retardation.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    THATS BECAUSE OF MY SUPERINTELLIGENCE I GOT AFTER CONSUMING MASTER :M IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN BRO

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Texas Red Whiner

Texas Red
    I'm glad someone is finally making epic games. I'm so fucking tired of non epic games.

^ Top  
  20. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Jebus SMA, did Gaider also rape and kill your entire family like he did to Warden?

^ Top  
  21. Tycn Savant

Tycn
    That accent is the most annoying and out of place thing ever and it made the horrible writing even more noticeable.

^ Top  
  22. Gay-Lussac Arcane

Gay-Lussac
    DA has way too much writing and it's all boring fluff about a world and character you don't care about, that's what sucks. ME 2 hasn't bored me so far.

^ Top  
  23. Drakron Arcane

Drakron
    Well I have to agree,

ME2 writing is "safer", there is barely anything you do not expect but its well pulled unlike ME1 that had terrible writing.

But ME2 did rape ME1, Liara despite being a 10 second romance with cringe dialog (it even managed to make me gag reflex) was a cute innocent librarian and ME2 turned her into a revenge seeking psycho as it seems ANOTHER character had to fill that archetype (guess who?) and the Krogan that looked to be the "proud warrior race" in ME1 ended up exactly that in ME2 (Grunt was such a boring character).

Dragon Age was just BORING, at least ME1 managed to make me want ti throw up with the god awful dialog, not make me wonder why the fuck I even playing it as Dragon Age did.

^ Top  
  24. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    What's hialrious is that you'll be whining about the same thing after DA2 just like you did with NWN, JE, ME, DA, and ME2. LMFAO

See a opattern here?

Stop playing fuckin' shitty BIO games. FFS

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.