Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age : Origins "Talent" Trailer....

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
chrisy0907 (7 hours ago) Show Hide
+1
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
it looks a wee bit like oblivion

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Such shitty animations, facial expressions, and voice synchronisation by the animation.

Seriously, what a fucking failure of presentation by a big studio, and what a waste of decent voice acting talent.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
dont get it. mass effect looked okay in the graphics department - a bit bland but okay. faces were okay.

dragon age looks just as horrible as NWN2 - especially the faces - did they hire guys from obsidian ?

just weird how their 2y older game had decent looking characters and the new shit looks like.... well shit.

not that i couldnt easily overlook this in favour for good gameplay but .... :lol:

zaero

Novice
Tim Curry was absolutely fucking rad in The Legend

Anyway, DA is going to crash and burn on the consoles. Which means that they'll be getting a whole lotta more TESs and Fables. Sucks for them, I guess.

Lonewolf

Novice
I didn't think graphics mattered in the Codex world?

Whine about bloody anything in this place, its like attending divorcee's anonymous...

Dionysus

Scholar
zaero said:
Anyway, DA is going to crash and burn on the consoles. Which means that they'll be getting a whole lotta more TESs and Fables. Sucks for them, I guess.
Bioware commands a decent-sized console audience, and they've got EA behind them now. This game will have respectable numbers, although ME2 will probably do better even with a worse release date.

Anyway, those VAs sound good, and the facial animations are fine for the type of game that they are making.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Lonewolf said:
I didn't think graphics mattered in the Codex world?

Whine about bloody anything in this place, its like attending divorcee's anonymous...

There's a difference between graphics not mattering in, say, a budget/indie project with niche gameplay/interesting features and graphics from a well-known, well-funded company whose track record suggests very little ability toe make up for terrible graphics with amazing gameplay or amazing writing.

So if DA looks like shit--and its writing will most certainly be shit, and its gameplay despite all the hype will most likely be dumb--there's not much left going for it.

Lonewolf

Novice
Lesifoere said:
There's a difference between graphics not mattering in, say, a budget/indie project with niche gameplay/interesting features and graphics from a well-known, well-funded company whose track record suggests very little ability toe make up for terrible graphics with amazing gameplay or amazing writing.

So if DA looks like shit--and its writing will most certainly be shit, and its gameplay despite all the hype will most likely be dumb--there's not much left going for it.

Nice to see a game is condemn as shit before anyone gets a chance to play it...hooray for optimism, better start cutting myself and go emo maybe then I can fit in here....

youdontknowme.gif

MetalCraze

Arcane
Oh look it's that retarded "you can't criticize the game because it isn't out yet -> because you haven't played it -> [...] played it enough -> you've completed it that means you've liked it" argument again.
Knowing Bioware games you don't need to play them to know everything about them down to the plot and characters the very moment those games are announced. Especially when the plot is 1:1 ripoff from their own Mass Effect which in turn is a ripoff of their own KotOR.

Lonewolf

Novice
MetalCraze said:
Knowing Bioware games you don't need to play them to know everything about them down to the plot and characters the very moment those games are announced.

If you get cut do you bleed ignorance?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Lonewolf said:
MetalCraze said:
Knowing Bioware games you don't need to play them to know everything about them down to the plot and characters the very moment those games are announced.

He doesn't bleed, he's Skyway... Codex Superhero.

Dionysus

Scholar
Lesifoere said:
It's not as if it would be well received here even if the graphics were fantastic.

And the game doesn't look like shit. NWN2 is probably the most recent similar game, and DA looks and sounds better than that. I don't know of any similar games in the works that look much better. The superficial stuff appears to be fine for the type of game that they are making.

MetalCraze said:
Oh look it's that retarded "you can't criticize the game because it isn't out yet -> because you haven't played it -> [...] played it enough -> you've completed it that means you've liked it" argument again.
You can't criticize that argument until you've used it.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I don't know, the ridiculous shoulderpads continue to stay, the characters' faces continue to look creepy, and that white/blue armor on the guy running from the dragon looks idiotic. For what it's worth, I value aesthetics/art direction over technical aspects. That's why I think ME looks like shit (the same corridors and space bases over and over and over and the Citadel being a place of dead emptiness where NPCs stand around all day staring at the ground) but thought TW looked great (peasants running out of rain or to pray at shrines, performers playing music and juggling in Vizima, drunks pissing against walls).

Dionysus said:
You can't criticize that argument until you've used it.

You can't criticize that argument until you've used it to win prizes. :ebertslaw:

Btw--

TGaisor0 said:
Sounds like oblivion. Why would anyone want it?

:lol: Who was this?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Lonewolf said:
MetalCraze said:

How about you? Or are you just pretending Bioware just remake the same game over and over again?

Texas Red

Whiner
Will you assholes shut up about the graphics? Every thread about DA degenerates in to a retarded discussion on to how the faces look bad or whatever.

MetalCraze said:
Knowing Bioware games you don't need to play them to know everything about them down to the plot and characters the very moment those games are announced. Especially when the plot is 1:1 ripoff from their own Mass Effect which in turn is a ripoff of their own KotOR.

Your words reflect great insight, sir. Do you have a newsletter or such to which I can subscribe?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Will you assholes shut up about the graphics? Every thread about DA degenerates in to a retarded discussion on to how the faces look bad or whatever.
They do?

I have no problems with being labelled a graphics whore at all, but isn't a BioWare game about a "cinematic" experience? If that's the front they aim to provide on, my opinion as a generic consumer would be that I don't see as much of a cinematic experience, on the basis of their promotions of the game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Knowing Bioware games you don't need to play them to know everything about them down to the plot and characters the very moment those games are announced. Especially when the plot is 1:1 ripoff from their own Mass Effect which in turn is a ripoff of their own KotOR."

Don't be retarted.

Mogar

Scholar
DA's faces look messed up because its low fantasy.

Aside from that, Bio isn't very good at making attractive characters. The characters looked, with their pale skin, hollow faces, bruised eyes, and blank stares, like zombies, which is ironic considering what they are supposedly combating.

Second off, about graphics. I agree with Lesifoere. Its not the technical aspects, but how the game uses it that matters. It's why old games like Soul Reaver or sprite based sidescrollers and RPGs still look kinda nice. It's why Morrowind looks better then Oblivion. Also, the abstracted style of many older games makes them look nicer then much of today's fair.

Monocause

Arcane
One thing that makes me really curious about DA is how armour looks. No, not the shoulderpads, fuck the shoulderpads. I'm talking about the whole looks.

A full plate mail and other armor, aside from giving protection, were to instill respect in other people. If a guy showed up in a plate armor somewhere you could be sure that he would've been treated with fear and awe, considered rich and powerful. The armour in DA, on the other hand, makes the wearer look like a dandy douchebag.

Deleted member 7219

Volourn said:
"Knowing Bioware games you don't need to play them to know everything about them down to the plot and characters the very moment those games are announced. Especially when the plot is 1:1 ripoff from their own Mass Effect which in turn is a ripoff of their own KotOR."

Don't be retarted.

What?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Volourn said:

Don't be retarted.

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me - I forgot to mention NWN too. Though you weren't joining A Special Order of Light, only working for it to fight The Ancient Evil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom