Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Elttharion

Learned

Who?

(To be fair Brain Bloom seems familiar but no idea WTF the rest are)

Matthew Mercer
Only one I know by name is this dude. He is part of the cancer called critical role, I guess they wanted him in the project so that the other members would shill for the game.

A recent headline:

1721505172708.png

AKA "When you press a button...", 2024 edition.

Bioware. Bioware never changes.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Oh yeah, announce the cast.....for a videogame. After being roasted for the gameplay they've shown, no wonder they resort to this shit.
I really hope this is Redfall levels of disaster.

Camel

Scholar

Who?

(To be fair Brain Bloom seems familiar but no idea WTF the rest are)

Ali Hillis voiced Liara in ME and she has a great voice. Other voice actors and actresses are nonames so even vaunted BioWare voiceacting declined. Also why would they need four voice actors for a MC?

Modron

Arcane
Ali Hillis voiced Liara in ME and she has a great voice. Other voice actors and actresses are nonames so even vaunted BioWare voiceacting declined. Also why would they need four voice actors for a MC?
1 Male MC
1 Female MC
1 actress to cover both Male and Female Elf MCs
1 actor to cover both Female and Male Dwarven MCs

Camel

Scholar
‘Dragon Age: The Veilguard’ Game Director Confirms “Inclusivity” At Heart Of Game’s Character Creator And Features Pronoun Nonsense
Dragon Age: The Veilguard Game Director, a man pretending to be a woman and calling himself Corinne Busche, confirmed that inclusivity is at the heart of the game’s character creator.
Game Informer’s Wesley LeBlanc reports, “At the heart of it is inclusivity, Veilguard game director Corinne Busche tells me before letting me guide her through creating my own character.”
He goes on to reveal that the character creator allows players to choose between four different races: Elves, Qunari, Humans, and Dwarves. It also “allows for more detailed looks at each and the ability to choose pronouns with she/her, he/him, and they/them separately from gender, select different body types, and more.”
https://thatparkplace.com/dragon-ag...racter-creator-and-features-pronoun-nonsense/
Someone trolled them on Steam.
6gYIm8P.png

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
A lot of those companies that rose to fame during the 90s/Early 2000s made it at best to the X360/PS3 era before shutting down, or get shut down, due to mismatch of skills and managerial blunders. A few, like id Software or Bioware, got extremely lucky with having patient publishers (with deep pockets) carrying their rotten corpses on to the next gaming paradigm while cleaning out managers and re-learning/rehiring new talent. The whole Xbone/PS4 era basically was that for Bioware. One disaster after another, yet EA kept them afloat until Bioware found its footing (?).

Now, DATV is the first fruit to show us what this new wholly restructured company can do.

If they screw this up again, then for once I wish EA being EA again and walking Bioware to the graveyard.

DATV is the first fruit
Brother, sticker is worthless in this here forum.

Objectively, it's 50/50 chance that BioWare going to screw up / succeed. I am banking on more nuanced guess: The Game is "Good", a 7.5, but not second coming of Jesus that people expected it to be, the sales is Okay, but not fantastic, bioware "fans" (cultist) will praise it solely because they can fuck the bald elf, retarded codexian like Camel ibn whore , is going to "that park place" to seek a reason to hate it regardless (my guess: SBI, "go woke go broke" etc., depends on which retarded chud is sitting on the editor table that day).

ps. chudmel, send me more of those boe jiden picture, I chuckled, genuinely funny.
pps. also oil up, I'll touch you inappropriately as a reward, boy.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Damnit, I don't know what I expected!

Are they really going to stick with the "no attractive females to romance" principle they started doing since DA:I and Andromeda? Why do this Bioware? Why?

Also, Dreadwolf was a much better name.

Well good thing you wont buy it then because the only way to teach them their MO is shit is for you and a whole shitload of of prestigious folks of taste to completely avoid it and cause it to bomb so hard they reconsider their agenda.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
TBH you deserve ugly chicks if you're in the role of Chad Ironballs, Slayer of Demons and you're going around doing romances instead of fucking groupies every day.

sosmoflux

Educated
Best most super advanced romances
Best coolest combat ever
Best choice and consequences

The marketing team is really digging a deep hole on this one

If they screw this up again, then for once I wish EA being EA again and walking Bioware to the graveyard.

What would that change though? That is, outside of a company and their logo being gone. And hundreds of people looking for a new job.

Think about it: As it is, any "Bioware ethos" is firmly contained within the company's own product. Which, same as any big budget affair, only sees the light of release day every purple coloured moon. Would you want them to spread that all over the industry?

Take a look at James Ohlen: Quitting Bioware to do another Bioware-style game. Outside of big corpo shenanigans, you've got to wonder why he left in the first place.

Camel

Scholar
Best coolest combat ever

BioWare put huge pressure on themselves to write great companions by marketing them so much.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
‘Dragon Age: The Veilguard’ Game Director Confirms “Inclusivity” At Heart Of Game’s Character Creator And Features Pronoun Nonsense
Dragon Age: The Veilguard Game Director, a man pretending to be a woman and calling himself Corinne Busche, confirmed that inclusivity is at the heart of the game’s character creator.
Game Informer’s Wesley LeBlanc reports, “At the heart of it is inclusivity, Veilguard game director Corinne Busche tells me before letting me guide her through creating my own character.”
He goes on to reveal that the character creator allows players to choose between four different races: Elves, Qunari, Humans, and Dwarves. It also “allows for more detailed looks at each and the ability to choose pronouns with she/her, he/him, and they/them separately from gender, select different body types, and more.”
https://thatparkplace.com/dragon-ag...racter-creator-and-features-pronoun-nonsense/
Someone trolled them on Steam.
6gYIm8P.png

That's probably a troll post, but Stellar Blade body types as "unobtainable"?

Christ, just look at any of those millions of influencer thots. They all have figures like that, all they needed to do was some squats, watching what they eat and putting on some pushups and stretchy asspants. And you know, maybe they were also born as women. That's really what burns these goblin female impersonators, along with giving male gamers what they want if that happens to be something feminine.

Furthermore, even when that's obvious bait, I find it alarming that this rotten fanbase would even theoretically expect Bioware to be some kind of... vanguard of this... "social revolution". What arrogance! Back in civilised times these types were kept in cages.

Best coolest combat ever

Eh, their fandom's not going to care as long as they get their precious romances, and the cringe-inducing "spice" that brings a coy blush on their acne-scarred faces. The critique Bioware can just brush off as "gamer toxicity". They have found their perfect, low-needs fanbase that shares their ideology as well.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Eh, their fandom's not going to care as long as they get their precious romances, and the cringe-inducing "spice" that brings a coy blush on their acne-scarred faces. The critique Bioware can just brush off as "gamer toxicity". They have found their perfect, low-needs fanbase that shares their ideology as well.

The real question is if this fanbase is actually big enough to sustain them.

Imagine going from a broad audience developer that made iconic RPGs to... a studio with a VN audience.

It's a very strange development.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom