Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
We need more games that let you kick the dog. I hate to bring up that game series again, but its first iteration let you butcher street dogs for their tallow.
One chick I was dating in college would sit with me when I played video games sometimes. I found out she would freak out whenever I killed a dog in GTA V so I used to swerve into them whenever I saw one. Good times, but we didnt date for very long.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
We need more games that let you kick the dog. I hate to bring up that game series again, but its first iteration let you butcher street dogs for their tallow.
One chick I was dating in college would sit with me when I played video games sometimes. I found out she would freak out whenever I killed a dog in GTA V so I used to swerve into them whenever I saw one. Good times, but we didnt date for very long.

Should've told her she could stop their suffering using the power of blowjobs.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron

You could probably catch a rape charge for saying something like that with the way the Colleges are now

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

You could probably catch a rape charge for saying something like that with the way the Colleges are now
That's why you make sure you bring consent forms for her to sign in triplicate before she's even allowed to sit on the couch with you.

Semiurge

Cipher

Oh indeed.

Statutory rape laws presume coercion because a minor or mentally disabled adult is legally incapable of giving consent to the act.

aweigh

Arcane
and then in 2019 someone made a Twitter account that was just about that. After the account went up, which was fairly popular, developers started putting more animal petting in and publishers started using it in marketing.

"fun" fact, that account's owner had an epic meltdown because Trump supporters wanted to pet the doggos lmao IT'S NOT FOR YOU CHUD!!!!

and then in 2019 someone made a Twitter account that was just about that. After the account went up, which was fairly popular, developers started putting more animal petting in and publishers started using it in marketing.

"fun" fact, that account's owner had an epic meltdown because Trump supporters wanted to pet the doggos lmao IT'S NOT FOR YOU CHUD!!!!

He freaked about about Hogwarts Legacy.

Unsurprisingly, the guy seems like a bitch.

Caim

Arcane
I remember when DA2 came out it one of the many criticisms was the companions were all playersexual and how that cheapened relationships. Fast forward to current day and not only is that term considered “problematic” but if you have a cast of characters that don’t want to fuck everything that moves regardless of gender or even species it’s considered a bad game design choice by the usual mentally ill
Don't forget that you can fuck all of them at the same time as well, because monogamy is problematic.

Sure I'd bring up Fallout 4, but that gam's issue with its relationship (aside from the writing) also comes from that the protagonist saw their spouse get shot in front of them weeks ago (from their point of view) and they can already start piping Piper.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Humanity is the greatest RPG in the Universe.
I mean, it has tons of mechanics. The gameplay is realistic and has depth. You also play on a difficulty that's randomly selected when you spawn and depends on other factors, playing as male or female has advantages and disadvantages.
You also can't cheat and permadeath is on.
You level your skills by using them and there's no limit. You can also start with random de buffs or diseases that give penalties to your main attributes.
It also seems to be multiplayer focused. Other players seem to be dicks though not all. Whole there is pvp, organized and world pvp, most are playing in coop mode. And follow rules.
There are some individuals who try to obtain advantages by switching their sex but the game wasn't designed to support this so there are problems and incompatibilities and all sorts of other technical issues.
One issue is that the game can crash randomly (although only one player is affected at a time, could be connection issues) and that can happen when you're level 1 or all the way up to....nobody knows. Players crashed at 100, 104, 120 etc. there doesn't seem to be a level cap.
After said crash there's a sequel with a main quest that seems to go on forever. Probably an oversight, waiting for an update or an expansion. The dev seems to be quiet and only interacts with some players. Apparently you need to increase your faith stat to get in contact with the dev.
There's a lot to this game. It's probably a 9/10 overall, no bugs, the ending sucks though cus the main character dies. And the sequel further drags the score down although that depends on a player by player basis.

Laz Sundays

Educated
Humanity is the greatest RPG in the Universe.
I mean, it has tons of mechanics. The gameplay is realistic and has depth. You also play on a difficulty that's randomly selected when you spawn and depends on other factors, playing as male or female has advantages and disadvantages.
You also can't cheat and permadeath is on.
You level your skills by using them and there's no limit. You can also start with random de buffs or diseases that give penalties to your main attributes.
It also seems to be multiplayer focused. Other players seem to be dicks though not all. Whole there is pvp, organized and world pvp, most are playing in coop mode. And follow rules.
There are some individuals who try to obtain advantages by switching their sex but the game wasn't designed to support this so there are problems and incompatibilities and all sorts of other technical issues.
One issue is that the game can crash randomly (although only one player is affected at a time, could be connection issues) and that can happen when you're level 1 or all the way up to....nobody knows. Players crashed at 100, 104, 120 etc. there doesn't seem to be a level cap.
After said crash there's a sequel with a main quest that seems to go on forever. Probably an oversight, waiting for an update or an expansion. The dev seems to be quiet and only interacts with some players. Apparently you need to increase your faith stat to get in contact with the dev.
There's a lot to this game. It's probably a 9/10 overall, no bugs, the ending sucks though cus the main character dies. And the sequel further drags the score down although that depends on a player by player basis.
Creative. Let's add a few layers. Permadeath of a character, not of a player. You start from birth so there's no memory of previous runs, but you still get to define many details.

A karmic system that carries over into your next character's run.

Highly addictive. Some players are no more than junkies, lesser souls acting as NPCs. 10/10 best game ever.

After all, our creators have always loved games, whether to watch, bet or participate. True story. You'll see.. after you die.

:3

Laz Sundays

Educated
A child dies, everyone yells "unfair!".

..you don't know what that soul was in their previous run. It's truly an amazing system. No need for Heavens or Hells, everything will make a full circle eventually. We will eventually simulate this model in our games aswell

I'm either crazy or a prophet, too early to tell

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Permadeath of a character, not of a player
Player. Their is no disconnect between player and character, the game is that immersive. Normies love it.
You start from birth so there's no memory of previous runs
Roguelike mode for reincarnation lore fans.
Highly addictive. Some players are no more than junkies, lesser souls acting as NPCs. 10/10 best game ever.
Deepest larp-ing. Fun > stats.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom