Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Semiurge

Cipher
Especially if it's similarly woke and out of touch with what the broader market wants.

Outside of RPGs, the wants of the broader market are simple - hot sloots to look at. They're thirsty for games like Lollipop Chainsaw, which got a remaster recently. Not too many mentions of it from gaming journos. The main character would make their forehead veins pop in a way that could be heard thousands of kilometers away, like the eruption of Krakatoa.

Larianshill

Arbiter
They're thirsty for games like Lollipop Chainsaw, which got a remaster recently.
I don't know...

nhKsOHW.png

That's better than Concord, but not by much.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
“Character creators are extremely complex, and in many ways even more personal. It’s so important that players feel they can be represented and feel pride in that representation as they go through the creation process,” Busche says. “In particular, I remember we were struggling with some of our iconography, and we turned to each other and said ‘how did The Sims 4 handle this?’ While the technology and UI is quite a bit different, the underlying goals and lessons were quite similar.”

She adds that Maxis has a “tremendous wealth of knowledge when it comes to representing gender, identity, and the surprising number of localization issues that come along with that when you’re releasing in different regions and languages.”

:hmmm:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
They're thirsty for games like Lollipop Chainsaw, which got a remaster recently.
I don't know...

nhKsOHW.png

That's better than Concord, but not by much.

I mean, it's a remake of a 2012 niche singleplayer title, not a blockbuster AAAAA Sony 8-year-development multiplayer live service game.

A similar scenario here, where you got an expensive household name IP, well-known studio, backed by EA, returning after 10 years after the last game (supposedly) ended on a massive cliffhanger.

BioWare badly needs a win with this.

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if the players of this game will kill themselves a week after the game launches. You know, to show solidarity with Concord players.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Clickbait or not :

Rumor: ‘Dragon Age: The Veilguard’ Retail Pre-Order Sales Are “Piss Poor”​

https://thatparkplace.com/rumor-dragon-age-the-veilguard-retail-pre-order-sales-are-piss-poor/
As of this morning, the deluxe edition of the game was 14th on the PlayStation Store for pre-orders while the base game was 20th.

Who are these "guys" preordering deluxe? DA:I millennials?
Can't imagine zoomers having any interest in this abortion game.

Nearly 30% of Gen Z adults identify as LGBTQ, national survey finds​

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out...entify-lgbtq-national-survey-finds-rcna135510

In its LGBTQ identity breakdown, the report found 72% of Gen Z adults identified as straight, 15% as bisexual, 5% as gay or lesbian and 8% as something else.

ADVERTISING

Researchers also found that Gen Z adults were more ethnically and racially diverse than older generations and less likely to affiliate with established religions. Gen Z adults, along with millennials, were also more likely to identify as LGBTQ than Republican, the survey found.
Then people wonder why companies (gaming or otherwise) are pandering to these groups?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Clickbait or not :

https://thatparkplace.com/rumor-dragon-age-the-veilguard-retail-pre-order-sales-are-piss-poor/
As of this morning, the deluxe edition of the game was 14th on the PlayStation Store for pre-orders while the base game was 20th.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out...entify-lgbtq-national-survey-finds-rcna135510

In its LGBTQ identity breakdown, the report found 72% of Gen Z adults identified as straight, 15% as bisexual, 5% as gay or lesbian and 8% as something else.

ADVERTISING

Researchers also found that Gen Z adults were more ethnically and racially diverse than older generations and less likely to affiliate with established religions. Gen Z adults, along with millennials, were also more likely to identify as LGBTQ than Republican, the survey found.
Then people wonder why companies (gaming or otherwise) are pandering to these groups?
They don't pander to the other 70% though...

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
They do buy the games they defend (whether they actually enjoy them or just force xirselves through the slog and then go back to defending them on plebbit coz muh lgbtq raperesentation), but also they are a tiny and extremely vocal minority that's shrinking every single day. You know why.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Clickbait or not :

ADVERTISING

My nieces/nephews are in high school (or just graduated in the past few years), and to hear them talk, then if you didn't have some sort of public issue or -ism (depression, medication, etc.) or differing sexual identity, you were considered boring and regressive. Give them 10-15 years and see if those numbers persist anywhere outside of the coasts.

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My nieces/nephews are in high school (or just graduated in the past few years), and to hear them talk, then if you didn't have some sort of public issue or -ism (depression, medication, etc.) or differing sexual identity, you were considered boring and regressive. Give them 10-15 years and see if those numbers persist anywhere outside of the coasts.
Sounds bad.
Where do you live? USA?

Elttharion

Learned
They do buy the games they defend (whether they actually enjoy them or just force xirselves through the slog and then go back to defending them on plebbit coz muh lgbtq raperesentation), but also they are a tiny and extremely vocal minority that's shrinking every single day. You know why.
Saw a comment on Retardera once were a trannie was angry he had to defend the Acolyte despite the fact he hated it and never finished the show. He did it because he didnt want to 'see the chuds winning'.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sounds bad.
Where do you live? USA?
Yep. I'm not on either coast but their respective families are.

Fargus

Arcane
Saw a comment on Retardera once were a trannie was angry he had to defend the Acolyte despite the fact he hated it and never finished the show. He did it because he didnt want to 'see the chuds winning'.

Мыши плакали, кололись, но продолжали есть кактус.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom