Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Tyrr

Liturgist
They have a vitiligo slider :-D
t2dvgyl.jpeg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I warned myself Bioware would get the wrong idea on what they had to one-up Baldur's Gate 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 with. It surprises me there's no schlong size given they're going for M rating.

Semiurge

Cipher
She adds that Maxis has a “tremendous wealth of knowledge when it comes to representing gender, identity, and the surprising number of localization issues that come along with that when you’re releasing in different regions and languages.”

:hmmm:

What the fuck does that even mean, sensitivity to certain body-taboos in some cultures? This game already is the most accurate California-simulator in existence, there's no way some camel fucker's going to play this.

Leliana had cool unique armor

The Sacred Ashes version was modelled after some cheap e-thot, so it's good that the look was scrapped.

https://www.eurogamer.net/what-i-learned-talking-to-bioware-about-dragon-age-the-veilguard

You can't really be evil in The Veilguard​

Given my outrageous antics in my Let's Get Evil in Baldur's Gate 3 series, the ability to negatively affect a world is of prime importance to me. Grin. It's actually something that began with Dragon Age: Origins many years ago, as Morrigan and a desire for blood magic led me off my normal goodie-two-shoes path and somewhere darker altogether. But BioWare games have changed since then, and you haven't been able to be evil in them for some years now. I'm not actually sure which the last game was that you could be evil in - Dragon Age 2, was it, or Star Wars: The Old Republic?

The same is true of The Veilguard, to my disappointment, and it's something I saw firsthand in the dialogue options on the day: there was really only the option to be abrupt rather than outright nasty. "Rook is a character who, because of where the world is, because of the stakes, they need to stop the elven gods," Epler explains. "Why you do that - your motivations for doing that and how you approach it - you do have a lot of choice in how you approach those missions. There's some big choices in the game fairly early on where you can do some things that are pretty morally not spectacular, but it's not a game where you can go off and murder a bunch of orphans," he says. "But we want to give you that feeling of 'I know I can build this character that I can role-play in a way that I'm passionate about and excited to do'."

Of course you can't be evil, or even offensive. Can you imagine having to write some edgy dialogue and C&C in this current climate?

Fargus

Arcane
"Design your vitiligo"

And i was only joking in that thread... I wonder what else they added into this pile of diabolical shitslop? hahaha

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Vitiligo is there, obviously, it's mandated by law nowadays or something.

What the fuck?
Obviously, I'm joking. I think.
Because it's weird how this specific skin condition is now always included in character creators. And not, let's say, rosacea.

Mhmmm...
Maybe we should create a fake outrage campaign demanding inclusion of all possible skin conditions. All of them.

:philosoraptor:

Edit: No, it's not going to work. I think this Vitiligo obsession might be related to anglo nigger worship.

Semiurge

Cipher
Because it's weird how this specific skin condition is now always included in character creators. And not, let's say, rosacea.

Rosacea is hardly politically charged like differing levels and distributions of melanin. This must be why vitiligo sliders are everywhere now.

Last edited:

Lodis

Educated
Just saw an image where someone maxed out the ass slider and the end result was the character having an ass flatter than a cardboard box.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

RepHope

Savant
There is a massive positive push in the mainstream gaming media right now. IGN, PC Gaymer, Kotaku. They really love the character creator
Shilling is going all out, that’s why I didn’t put much weight on Steam preorders. They had not really ramped up the marketing yet but now they are, and they’re releasing in a time period without any major competition. I think this will sell fine, enough to justify keeping BioWare around to EA.

Habichtswalder

Educated
They have a vitiligo slider :-D
t2dvgyl.jpeg
I wonder what it feels for people who really suffer from this that their condition is turned into a "cool fashion statement" that you choose just like a hairstyle.

I wouldn't be happy about it. Maybe BioWare should run through some sensitivity training :smug:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If this thing is successful then humanity deserves

:imperialscum:
I doubt it will be.
As I wrote earlier, it looks on par with Inquisition and Fallout 4, but people recently played Elden Ring and Baldur's Gate 3.
Maybe it gets God of War fans to dip their toes into RPG turf? Maybe not. But it won't do the huge sales that Bioware needs to justify its existence, given the long development time. I imagine they will start downscaling as soon as this comes out.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I would not be suprised if the bulge size option is locked unless you pick gender female or they/them pronoun

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom