Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Saw a trailer where the main character knocks over a huge door and one of the companions says, "you call that nice and quiet?" I'm so sick of all these faggot little marvel quips media puts in. All these games are so effeminate and gay. Terrible millenial humor.

I was saying about star wars outlaws, I hated the pet and how star wars always needs these feminine cutesy things that only women want. Where is the outreach for men?

Dragon age origins was supposed to be a grim dark setting. Not this ultra soft faggot stuff.

aweigh

Arcane
NDA is up, some reviews posting.

ShillUp (normie Playstation focus reviewer) liked it, says its like God of War.

Wolfheart (PC rpg focus reviewer) didn't like it, says it looks plastic and cheap.

Comment from the shillup video, the one that liked the game:

Reviewer: -longest played bioware title is anthem -didn't finish inquisition -found previous dragon ages games hard to get through.

Shillup is a they them SJW.

Semiurge

Cipher
Pink faggot color is irritating.
8jIXDll.png

I doubt it will be possible to give your character the classic hourglass figure, if you want big asses or tits you need to make the character morbidly obese. You know how much the wokies hate that buxomly feminine body type.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
8jIXDll.png

I doubt it will be possible to give your character the classic hourglass figure, if you want big asses or tits you need to make the character morbidly obese. You know how much the wokies hate that buxomly feminine type.
You can't. Asmon showed the gameplay footage where they maxed out the ass size slider and it was flat AF lol.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
They have a vitiligo slider :-D
t2dvgyl.jpeg
My great-aunt has vitiglio. I feel offended on her behalf. It is not some banner to wave around in the culture war.

Isn't it strange that only models show off their vitiligo? And only during the photo session?

This is because this disease means that you will never function normally in space, and a sunny day can cripple you. Because it's something terribly shitty that no one wants, especially in fantasy games that are for fun. Nobody wants to see their disability on screen. They want pretty characters.

So it's not a question of "representation". These sliders are banners of people who fantasize about being rebels. But they care about fighting for the slider, not actually playing that way.

Semiurge

Cipher
8jIXDll.png

I doubt it will be possible to give your character the classic hourglass figure, if you want big asses or tits you need to make the character morbidly obese. You know how much the wokies hate that buxomly feminine type.
You can't. Asmon showed the gameplay footage where they maxed out the ass size slider and it was flat AF lol.

The slider had to be broken.

Right?

And realistically, they even have an actual reason for limiting body types, because unless the armors and whatnot automatically stretch and contort (in a way that looks bad and fake), it would mean a lot of extra work.

Camel

Scholar
I doubt it will be possible to give your character the classic hourglass figure, if you want big asses or tits you need to make the character morbidly obese. You know how much the wokies hate that buxomly feminine body type.
Meanwhile Sidney Sweeney and Dafne Keen with the hourglass figures are wildly popular.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-> Release chargen footage

-> Codex page count goes brrrrrrrrt

Seriously though, some of the (default?) chargen options in this game are so beyond ugly I can only compare them with meme soulsborne PCs.

1726782846408.png

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
This game is going to have transgender surgery scars lmao
Humans haven't figured out gunpowder, but they have figured out invasive sex change surgeries
Shouldn't there be some kind of magical way to gender swap also?

Clearly all that matters to the devs is putting their agenda into the game versus making any sort of decent fantasy setting

Camel

Scholar
Shouldn't there be some kind of magical way to gender swap also?

Clearly all that matters to the devs is putting their agenda into the game versus making any sort of decent fantasy setting
You'd think troons want to play the opposite sex in the game. Most troons are men so they want to play a (biological) woman.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone who chooses top surgery option should have been given blood mage specialization (locked for everyone else) now that would be a cool way to make cosmetics affect gameplay

Fargus

Arcane
Ahh, how I long for simpler times, when you knew exactly who you faced and what to expect :cry:

17e42e81d601cef830fbe89909de84a3e6a4ba76.jpg
f8b2959df4056b6d58dd7dd4ae727bd30322781a.jpg

Never played but i assume the game is Ultima 9-10?

Such charming low poly graphics with everything looking distinct and well made. Why can't modern retrotard devs just borrow it?

:love:

All indie retro 3d games look like shit.

thesecret1

Arcane
Saw a trailer where the main character knocks over a huge door and one of the companions says, "you call that nice and quiet?" I'm so sick of all these faggot little marvel quips media puts in. All these games are so effeminate and gay. Terrible millenial humor.
It's not millennial humor, it's bad writing (it being like a "marvel quip" is because marvel, too, hires terrible writers). The joke ("nice and quiet" VS breaking the door down) is unimaginative, but works and has been used countless times across countless media throughout history. What makes it bad is that the writer decided he needed to explain it by pointing the contrast out. The joke doesn't need the quip, it works just fine without it, but the writer felt it had to be there. Why? Because the writer is an amateur that thought to himself "What if they don't get it? What if they don't get the joke? I need to point it out!" It means the author either thinks his audience is glue-sniffing retards that genuinely wouldn't get it (which, to be fair, is a possibility), or that he doesn't understand the concept of writing for an audience and thinks he can slide this shit in "just in case" without harming anything (which is a hallmark of complete newbies to writing).

It's actually pretty wild that someone this bad at writing does the dialogues for a studio that presents itself as storyfag central, because even a somewhat talented high schooler would know better than to eviscerate his own joke like this. In a trailer, no less, a piece of media that should be overanalyzed to hell and back...

RepHope

Savant
There is a massive positive push in the mainstream gaming media right now. IGN, PC Gaymer, Kotaku. They really love the character creator
Shilling is going all out, that’s why I didn’t put much weight on Steam preorders. They had not really ramped up the marketing yet but now they are, and they’re releasing in a time period without any major competition. I think this will sell fine, enough to justify keeping BioWare around to EA.
I'm not sure because there's a huge negative reaction from big streamers and youtube like Asmon. So it's going to be a test of mainstream media vs streamers. Who has more impact? I wouldn't bet on mainstream media.
God I hope you’re right, but I would never bet against the casuals having dogshit taste either. I am seeing people making fun of all the tranny pandering on X which is nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom