Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Fargus

Arcane
‘Dragon Age: The Veilguard’ Character Creator Has Option For “Top Surgery Scars”
https://thatparkplace.com/dragon-ag...ter-creator-has-option-for-top-surgery-scars/
This is their bear sex viral marketing ploy btw.

They soon will be marketing games to cenobites if they keep this kind of marketing up :lol:

"We have such sights to show you"

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Man seeing this shit show i have no more hope for true Ass Effect 4.
You still had hope for ME4? Why?
Want to bang my last space cheeks.
d8uq43y-6df1ceae-7051-4202-abc2-53cbc873f2df.png

Vatnik Wumao
I honestly see people using the character creator to make the most hilariously disgusting character possible for a joke play through. Kind of like in the old Saint's Row games.

Imagine the "love" scenes with a 100% vitriligo slider character.

Elttharion

Learned
You just know there will be a dozen references about how JK Rowling is a horrible person and a character that is an obvious stand in for her in the game. My God, all this cringe and we only saw the CC, imagine what is hiding in the rest of the game.

I honestly see people using the character creator to make the most hilariously disgusting character possible for a joke play through. Kind of like in the old Saint's Row games.

If someone doesn't make a perfect Ma'am clone to roleplay, I'm gonna be disappointed

I took at peek at the preview thread on ResetEra since this game is tailor made for them. Found infamous BioWare shill shinobi working his magic on them. This guy is married with a kid and he's talking about his 'hot viking' character. What a fucking faggot lol

zLLZVO7.png

Modron

Arcane

Yeah but those people enjoyed the gameplay of SR2/3 and the writing wasn't millenial cringe bait every other line. I imagine someone doing the same in DA4 wouldn't have the stomach to get anywhere near finishing the game unless they were trying to get some youtube views. Case in point I don't think too many people did this for NuSaints Row.

Drowed

Arcane
Seeing the butthurt people crying in the comments of Youtube videos and "news" sites, that "you haven't played it yet, you have no way of knowing it's bad, you're nitpicking" gives me nostalgic memories of the Fallout 3 release. It's curious how decades pass, but people remain the same, and the arguments too.

It's going to be shit. It's obvious it's going to be shit. It's the same issue when you analyze the character and integrity of an individual. It's hard to confirm good character, but extremely easy to perceive weakness and vice. You don't need years of coexistence and a psychological report to know if someone is honest; sometimes small, trivial and subtle attitudes reveal deep characteristics of their personality. Because attitudes exist in a context. And the same goes for games.

Seeing the game's art direction is already more than enough. But if there was still any doubt - and there wasn't - the character creator shows you everything you need to know. Because frivolous and stupid things like sliders and scars are indicators not only of a good or bad editor, but of the intentions and ideas that permeate the design of the entire game. Things like that don't exist in a creative vacuum, they are reflections of the rot that stinks and pollutes every aspect of the game. Because it shows the integrity, or in this case, the lack thereof, that permeates the game's decisions.

Not that I expected anything different from Bioware, of course. I already knew this game would possibly be one of the worst ever made. I can't say I'm disappointed because I never had any expectations. But I'm curious about whether this will be as big a failure as it deserves to be. Who knows, in a world where Concord failed so miserably, maybe it's finally Bioware's turn? A man can dream.

Vyvian

Educated
‘Dragon Age: The Veilguard’ Character Creator Has Option For “Top Surgery Scars”
https://thatparkplace.com/dragon-ag...ter-creator-has-option-for-top-surgery-scars/
Seems to have backfired already. People thought the Bear Sex was funny, a few /v/-tards seethed about it but most people were amused.
I've seen nothing but near universal disgust at the top surgery scars.

The bear sex would have been nothing but a giggle of the week. If it wouldn't have fit the narrative and tagline Larian had promoted all along: "Do whatever you want to. Nothing is off limits. Including this." Which also fits the D&D theme. And was also backed up by the game at least some -- and picked up and communicated by plenty normie channels. It's like this Toddster take -- except with a happy audience ending.

Plenty companies could learn from Larian how to pitch a game to an audience. Simply trying to stir up a controversy isn't one.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
We have come to a point where Bioware being folded and its IP given to some soulless corporate inhouse studio of EA would probably result in better game. Heck give it to the Ubi team who made Valhalla/Origin and it will probably be a better game

That's how insanely low the bar is for Bioware

Semiurge

Cipher
Seems to have backfired already. People thought the Bear Sex was funny, a few /v/-tards seethed about it but most people were amused.
I've seen nothing but near universal disgust at the top surgery scars.

At least the shapeshifter stuff fits in the lore, unlike sex-changing surgery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom