Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

damager

Arbiter
To think I used to preorder every Bioware CRPG without a moment's hesitation back in the naughties...they've sure cured me of that!
You reap what you sow, niggalover!

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
100% ass size

100-ass-jpeg.6434129

GFByUYtbMAAPbxs.jpg

Play Stellar Blade fam. It probably has deeper RPG mechanics to.

Orange Clock

Novice
I took at peek at the preview thread on ResetEra since this game is tailor made for them. Found infamous BioWare shill shinobi working his magic on them. This guy is married with a kid and he's talking about his 'hot viking' character. What a fucking faggot lol

zLLZVO7.png
Why his viking looks like a product of Berbers invading Spain?
Are blue eyes now a political statement too?*

*I mean, its always has been, but in a real world(then you buy some Slav girls for your harem or smth), not in some stupid video game

BruceVC

Magister
I'm confused by the fact that every content creator showing footage from this event that YT'ers and influencers went to, are all using either 'diverse' or female main characters

Despite the fact that they are almost all straight white males themselves

Like did BW force specific MC designs on them? Or did they feel compelled to make such characters?
Im not following this thread or the development updates around this game and I just want to ask a simple question

Do we know if there are any hot women you can Romance? I mean like Isabela in DA2, Viconia in BG or Josephine in DA:I

They dont have to human or white, just attractive normal women that you want to initiate some sort of Romance arc ? Hopefully some chainmail bikini armour thrown in :bounce:

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wolfheart (PC rpg focus reviewer) didn't like it, says it looks plastic and cheap.

I really, really, like that Character creator. Lots of sliders. Lots of ways to sculpt your character. Would love to spend hours sculpting my waifu. It's just a shame it's packaged to this game. Also that's weird how gender has no affect on the character's body.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered he had his name changed to Trick Weekes.
Trick as in someone's bitch? I don't understand what other meaning Trick could mean here.

I think it's misspelled Trap.

Why is every companion pansexual? It's a mystery. BTW, I see his wikipedia page was not quoted yet.
Trick Weekes lives in Edmonton, Canada with their wife Karin Weekes and their two sons. Trick Weekes uses they/them pronouns and identifies as pansexual and non-binary.[5] They formerly went by Patrick Weekes

BruceVC

Magister
if there are any hot women you can Romance?
just attractive normal women
Pft, ahaha, man, the women in this game are flat, masculine, and ugly.
Yeah, its predictable and disappointing

The worse outcome from the last 10-12 years of woke influence in gaming development from Western companies is many of the developers think they doing the right thing because they dont want to " objectify " women. And Im talking about male developers and designers not a feminist with an agenda

But they dont realize how sexist and offensive it is because when did it become a bad thing to see a beautiful and liberated women? Its an insult to women to create every female character in an unattractive way

Beauty and its significance is a genetic fact of life and yet we are subjected to this ridiculous and irritating SJW influence in games that dont represent the reality of RL

At least we have still have East European gaming companies where you can generally find attractive women and NPC

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Im not following this thread or the development updates around this game and I just want to ask a simple question

Do we know if there are any hot women you can Romance? I mean like Isabela in DA2, Viconia in BG or Josephine in DA:I

They dont have to human or white, just attractive normal women that you want to initiate some sort of Romance arc ? Hopefully some chainmail bikini armour thrown in :bounce:

If your standards for hotness are low enough to include Josephine then you might find Harding or Neve okay, but the latter does have kind of weirdly masculine proportions around her chest so maybe wait until the reviews are posted to make sure you're not going to get blindsided by her 10 incher during the romance scenes.

Unless you're really, really into mid-looking romances I really doubt they're going to salvage the game though, the combat, story and companion snippets we've gotten so far seem ghastly.

thesecret1

Arcane
I hate detailed optical character creation anyway. I wanna play a game not design a barbie doll for hours.

Give me a bunch of good looking presets and that's more than enough. Who cares if the character brow is 2mm thiccer and bullshit like that. Waste of time for all involved.

And what's the point of all of this if you have neither boobs nore boob wiggle slider. PURE DECLINE!
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I usually pick a decent preset, maybe change hair style and color if they're too faggy, and off I go to play the game. I always found it weird that one of the large critisms periodically levied against an RPG (even here on the codex!) was that it lacked character creation. Who gives a fuck?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

a1c9aa2f743bae265ff21c71f8d2b3fe.jpg

What you see is what you get.

Literally, since they're all thirsty for your hero, no matter his skin illnesses or chest scars.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
But they dont realize how sexist and offensive it is because when did it become a bad thing to see a beautiful and liberated women? Its an insult to women to create every female character in an unattractive way
[...]
Beauty and its significance is a genetic fact of life and yet we are subjected to this ridiculous and irritating SJW influence in games that dont represent the reality of RL
Preach man, preach. The toxic ideology doesn't want us to embrace the gorgeous gifts in which God has bestowed upon the woman. Admiring the female form is disallowed in current year. These bastards want our women to self mutilate. They want our women to be men.

In the wise words of Jaethal:
UjKTCcK.jpeg

BruceVC

Magister

If your standards for hotness are low enough to include Josephine then you might find Harding or Neve okay, but the latter does have kind of weirdly masculine proportions around her chest so maybe wait until the reviews are posted to make sure you're not going to get blindsided by her 10 incher during the romance scenes.

Unless you're really, really into mid-looking romances I really doubt they're going to salvage the game though, the combat, story and companion snippets we've gotten so far seem ghastly.
I never play any game just for Romance, Romance is just a small part of overall character interaction. Everything you mentioned like combat, side-quests, companion side quests, mechanics and narrative are the main reasons I play RPG

But I generally always participate in Romance arcs but only if the women are attractive and that was never a problem in the games I mentioned. I always had options that appealed to me

But in DA:I was the first time I really noticed how no one in my party was remotely appealing and I ended up trying to Romance Josephine who is a side character

Lodis

Educated
Hot women like Josephine? Really?

iW2iuSv.jpeg

And while DA2 Isabella was decent eye candy she's literally a walking petri dish of STDs. You need better standards man.

Thalstarion

Novice
It's not so much that they want to avoid objectification. They do that, quite openly. The issue is a staggering amount of people these days in the industry are prone to autogynephilia and so the aesthetics and character designs reflect that.

These people aggressively radicalise each other until everything they do revolves around subversion.

At this point the entire industry needs a hard reset and society at large requires a purge of unhinged ideologues and subversives. We're arguably seeing the former happening though not as quickly as I would like. The latter will inevitably come just like it always has throughout the other periods of human history when these nutters gained power and pushed too far. If only because their goals are simply not at all sustainable in reality.

ferratilis

Magister
I take back everything about Solasta, those faces are ok.

Just when you think this game can't get any worse, they show you the character creation. Jesus.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
The average Veilguard enjoyer:
"
I am a fan of the series for the very reason people hate on it: diversity and inclusion.

I never played such types of games before. My first Dragon Age game was Inquisition, which I encountered during play breaks in my office. One of my senior coworkers was playing the game and always chose Dorian as his teammate. He often spoke to Dorian outside of missions and completed his loyalty mission.
Don't know what happened, but one day he sat with us at the table during lunch and said, "Guys, I am a homosexual person."

When I played Dragon Age: Inquisition and encountered the characters and the world, I found it amazing to learn how it may have empowered my coworker to accept and embrace his sexual orientation. It was the first time I saw a game positively influence someone.
Unfortunately, he has left the company, but I see him on Instagram and admire his confidence, which he didn't have at the same level when he was working here (perhaps my company didn't do enough to support LGBTQ employees, I am unsure). I've seen him volunteering at pride events and participating in protests against government attempts to restrict homosexual rights.

Whether you call it a sickness or a natural process, I don't know what your political orientation is... But Dragon Age is definitely a series that has impacted many individuals. The writing and world have empowered countless people, whether they are hiding their sexual orientation, are disabled, or simply want to be heroes in a game world when they can't be in the real world. This game series is amazing in every way."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom