Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

ShiningSoldier

Educated
World state customization is exclusive to Inquisition.
Screenshot_20240920-052740.png

Some Screenshots that i found.

IMG_7619.png

Dragon-Age-Dreadwolf-Screenshot-2024.09.04-10.23.27.02.png
'Sexual habits are considered natural and SEPARATE from matters of procreation.'
You can always expect a leftie to cook up some degenerte shit. To them sex = junk food
But that's actually true? There's nothing special or sacred in sex. Sex is just a way to spend a good time with someone. Like listening to the music, for example.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This is hitting every branch of the cringe tree.

Remember when BioWare described the series as "dark heroic fantasy?"

Now it's cat lady romance simulator. It's like Dustborn with a AAA budget.

Can't wait to fight the Maker as the final boss.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Some guy on Reddit that claimed to have played the game at one of those events said that it basically amounts to:
- Who the Inquisitor romanced
- What was the Inquisitor's attitude towards Solas in Trespasser
- Whether you formally disbanded the Inquisition or not
- Who drank from the Well of Sorrows

Going by the 5 buttons in that screenshot, this prolly confirms it (first button is customization for the Inquisitor's appearance, the rest are the aforementioned choices).
Yeah, it sounds about right from what i saw too. IT seems like it's going to be extremly limited compared to the Keep.

I've never played any of the DA games. Never cared about it. They kind of look like Bioware's in-house D&D inspired titles. How far from the truth am I to thinkithat DA is their continuation / spiritual successor of NWN?
The first game in the series, Dragon Age: Origins actually feels like NWN with better plot and without D&D.
While DA Origins was the one half-decent in the series, I'm constantly under the impression that people love to overrate it only because it "kinda tried to go back to the Baldur's Gate style of CRPGs".
In reality even that one had an absolutely garbage-tier ruleset, mostly defined by its overly-streamlined and overly-simplified systems.
We are talking about stuff that made D&D 5th Edition feel like motherfucking ROLEMASTER in comparison.

Some of the highlights were:
- absolute abuse of HP bloat as a way to increase challenge
- basically ONE right way to level up every class.
- all enemies (demons, undead, lycantropes, humanoids, golems, etc) could be defeated with the same exact strategies and differed only in their aesthetic, since virtually no one had special immunities or resistances...
- ...for example even the setting's equivalent of the undead were vulnerable to charm, fear, etc.

Mark my words: History will look upon Codexers that doomposted about this game less favorably than those that played it.

And the people that think this is the turd that kills Bioware: Why? ME3 with it's atrocious ending should have killed them. Andromeda should have killed them. Anthem should have killed them. And yet they're still here... face it, Bioware is immortal.

And once the human lust for drama has cooled down, they'll realize it's for the better of them.

This wouldn't be akin to prime Looking Glass deteriorating and eventually folding, after all. Leading to the blossoming of Deus Ex, Dishonored and bloody Guitar Hero. All hot all-time Codex favs.

This would be akin to all the ideas the Codex detests not being contained and kept under the Biodome anymore. Instead spreading across an entire industry right with the people released from Bioware. Like a nasty rewrite of the ending to Carpenter's The Thing, with the Thing managing to actually get the fuck out of the Canadian hellhole they partly filmed this in. And taking over the world for good.

Careful what you lust for.

IXsEi1k.jpeg

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
Do we know if there are any hot women you can Romance? I mean like Isabela in DA2, Viconia in BG or Josephine in DA:I
Hot women like Josephine? Really?

iW2iuSv.jpeg

And while DA2 Isabella was decent eye candy she's literally a walking petri dish of STDs. You need better standards man.

She has a harelip and a tiny, sloped forehead.

It's not so much that they want to avoid objectification. They do that, quite openly. The issue is a staggering amount of people these days in the industry are prone to autogynephilia and so the aesthetics and character designs reflect that.

These people aggressively radicalise each other until everything they do revolves around subversion.

At this point the entire industry needs a hard reset and society at large requires a purge of unhinged ideologues and subversives. We're arguably seeing the former happening though not as quickly as I would like. The latter will inevitably come just like it always has throughout the other periods of human history when these nutters gained power and pushed too far. If only because their goals are simply not at all sustainable in reality.
I wouldn't say they are 'prone to autogynephilia' so much as progressives developed a social atmosphere that both encourages self destruction and empowers cluster B personalities to do what they want. That means the people who dwell within this social structure end up reliably mentally ill and compensate by performing aggressive social punishment on each other and notably on any out-group. Even the slightest pushback gets severe consequences internally so no uprising occurs against any of these from within the group. Given how often they accuse others of toxicity, they are the ultimate form of it.

That's how you end up with social contagions resulting in child mutilation and institutions, filled out by these same people, aiding and abetting the contagion and mutilation. There is no limiting factor as to do so is bigotry/racism/sexism/phobia. It really is a manifestation of the worst aspects of human nature. The kind that could throw children in a volcano to appease the gods for better weather.

As noted from those external to the group, progressive ideology infusing entertainment has gone hand-in-hand with lower quality and hyper aggressive signaling to conform to those same dictates they impose on themselves. The idea that all aspects of the decline are corporate managements fault is laughable to me.

You've just described the cult or sect mentality perfectly. That is what the current form of progressive leftism is, a replacement religion that rewards antisocial behaviour and encourages zealotry to such a degree that even the true believers aren't safe from its inquisitional hammer.

The disturbing thing is that there are powers who wish this new religion to spread and gain in influence, you'll find them if you'll follow the trail of money.

I like Cassandra for the simple fact that she makes those obsessed with gay romances in game (so majority of BioWare’s fanbase at this point) seethe because she’s unapologetically straight.
Hey, the gays got a hot elven chick to romance. :smug:

DAI was the game where Bioware started to make females intentionally ugly. Before it could be lack of skill or the game engine, but in DAI and all games after that it was a design choice.

Yes, if you need further proof you need only inspect the character creator. The myriads of screenshots already demonstrate that it's possible to create a main character that's considerably more attractive than any of the NPCs.

Saw another post by a woman(this is reddit so take that with a grain of salt) complaining about not being able to make a curvy female character

I fucking knew it :argh:

The dragon age character creator preview in IGN has 15k dislikes to 4k likes.
What do you think? Will they quickly add more ass and booba or will they hold their ground and let the ship sink without trying to patch the holes?

They'll triple down and then blame chuds for anything negative, as always.

Caim

Arcane

Some Screenshots that i found.

Dragon-Age-Dreadwolf-Screenshot-2024.09.04-10.23.27.02.png
"In Tevinter, it [homosexuality] is considered selfish and deviant behavior among nobles, but actively encouraged with favored slaves."

giphy.gif
"Don't fuck your fellow nobles who are of equal rank and can as such give consent that is not marred by rank-based pressure, just rape a slave to sate your homosexual desires lmao" is a take much spicier than I expected from this game.

Lodis

Educated
I’ve noticed that not a single person on BioWare’s team have brought up Origins and in any way.

In fact there’s a clip floating around where they’re being asked questions and when a picture of Zevran pops up none of them know who the fuck he even is.

Camel

Scholar
It's the reverse IMHO.

The larger society needs to change first; entertainment (and politics) is downstream from that.

As I mentioned in a previous post about GenZ, a lot of this is demographics. The demographics and attitudes of young people in North America and even Europe has drastically changed over past several decades.

Hell, even Japan (especially among the youth) is dramatically different from what it was in the 1980s for example.

Younger customers are who companies and advertisers target. They see us old farts as living on borrowed time.
I agree about the larger society needing to change but the communists said “The cinema is for us the most important of the arts,”. Hollywood used to be one of the most important pillars of the US soft power. Mortal enemies of the USA like the Soviets and ISIS watched and enjoyed old Hollywood. New Hollywood is a laughing stock.
You can still hit woke/PC entertainment corporations where it hurts, their wallets. The Star Wars fandom hated the Last Jedi and the next movies box office nosedived and Solo flopped, the Acolyte was the last straw for many SW fans and a backlash got it cancelled. The Marvels was a disastrous gigaflop for, you know, Marvel/Disney, so Kevin Feige orchestrated a course correction with Deadpool and Wolverine which is almost not politically correct. Boycott woke games and woke devs, support non-woke games like Wukong.

Camel

Scholar
"In Tevinter, it [homosexuality] is considered selfish and deviant behavior among nobles, but actively encouraged with favored slaves."

*what?*
I think the idea is that if you must do that, you use the slaves. Not "what do you mean, you don't rape your slaves?"
Reminds me of the old joke: "The Greeks invented sex. The Romans introduced it to women."

Semiurge

Cipher
It's the reverse IMHO.

The larger society needs to change first; entertainment (and politics) is downstream from that.

As I mentioned in a previous post about GenZ, a lot of this is demographics. The demographics and attitudes of young people in North America and even Europe has drastically changed over past several decades.

Hell, even Japan (especially among the youth) is dramatically different from what it was in the 1980s for example.

Younger customers are who companies and advertisers target. They see us old farts as living on borrowed time.
I agree about the larger society needing to change but the communists said “The cinema is for us the most important of the arts,”. Hollywood used to be one of the most important pillars of the US soft power. Mortal enemies of the USA like the Soviets and ISIS watched and enjoyed old Hollywood. New Hollywood is a laughing stock.
You can still hit woke/PC entertainment corporations where it hurts, their wallets. The Star Wars fandom hated the Last Jedi and the next movies box office nosedived and Solo flopped, the Acolyte was the last straw for many SW fans and a backlash got it cancelled. The Marvels was a disastrous gigaflop for, you know, Marvel/Disney, so Kevin Feige orchestrated a course correction with Deadpool and Wolverine which is almost not politically correct. Boycott woke games and woke devs, support non-woke games like Wukong.

Expect that "alternative ways of funding" will become more important in the future, i.e. taking it from our hides via tax-funded DEI investments.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I’ve noticed that not a single person on BioWare’s team have brought up Origins and in any way.
That's okay, the future fans of Vileguard have not played Origins either.
All 50 of them?!
I don't think this game will sell as poorly as Codex thinks. I already see far more excitement about it as Concord, and RPG fans are some of the wokest on the planet, probably because troons roleplay every day.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
It's not so much that they want to avoid objectification. They do that, quite openly. The issue is a staggering amount of people these days in the industry are prone to autogynephilia and so the aesthetics and character designs reflect that.

These people aggressively radicalise each other until everything they do revolves around subversion.

At this point the entire industry needs a hard reset and society at large requires a purge of unhinged ideologues and subversives. We're arguably seeing the former happening though not as quickly as I would like. The latter will inevitably come just like it always has throughout the other periods of human history when these nutters gained power and pushed too far. If only because their goals are simply not at all sustainable in reality.
It's the reverse IMHO.

What do you think causes society at large to change? It's the man on the screen telling them what's normal.
Sort of a chicken-and-egg phenomena about which came first.

Camel

Scholar
Expect that "alternative ways of funding" will become more important in the future, i.e. taking it from our hides via tax-funded DEI investments.
Am I a racist is the most successful political documentary in 20 years and earned $6.5 million which is huge for a non-fiction movie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom