Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Hedasd

Literate
Supposedly its rank in Steam pre-orders is within top 10 now...
I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up selling pretty well. Liberal side needs a successful counteroffensive to continue the culture war and spite buying to support your side is increasingly common.

It had a surge in sales after the recent marketing push they did but started falling behind again on Steam faster than I expected. Community managers poorly disguised as fans even did giveaways on multiple places with 8-10 copies, it was pretty pathetic. It will have another surge like this around the release day but Im still not noticing any increase in interest towards the game from casuals so far.

Herumor

Scholar
Some guy on Reddit showed just how ridiculous Bioware made the characters in Veilguard look by editing their proportions to normal for the after part:

2wPeO27.gif

84qBAb8.gif

r07R9zq.gif

UMtL92x.gif

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Dragon Age looks better, plays better than ever in The Veilguard

https://venturebeat.com/games/dragon-age-looks-better-plays-better-than-ever-in-the-veilguard/
Before I get to anything else in the game, I have to shout out Veilguard’s character creator. Whatever character you’ve ever wanted to make in the Dragon Age setting, you can make them here. You’ve got gorgeous hair options, asymmetry, makeup options that for once don’t feel gaudy and ridiculous. I don’t say this lightly: Veilguard has a better character creator than Baldur’s Gate 3.

hq720.jpg
Tbh BG3 character creation is pretty bad if you don't plan to make a female elf,tielfing, human,half elf or drow character. The rest of looks horrible with extremly limited options.

Try to play a Half Orc in BG3. So Veilguard being better is not a high bar.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Some guy on Reddit showed just how ridiculous Bioware made the characters in Veilguard look by editing their proportions to normal for the after part:

2wPeO27.gif

84qBAb8.gif

r07R9zq.gif

UMtL92x.gif

I had to triple check to make sure it's not a troll.
I knew something was not right, especially when looking at the female elven gigagook, but I didn't realize it's this bad.

Everyone is a funko pop now.

:bioware:

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
So, you are saying that the game devs deliberately made things out of proportion in order to uglify the characters... Why? Is it some sort of troll aim at the players? Some sort of "fuck you" aimed at the game company? What the hell???

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So, you are saying that the game devs deliberately made things out of proportion in order to uglify the characters... Why? Is it some sort of troll aim at the players? Some sort of "fuck you" aimed at the game company? What the hell???
Because the woke celebrates ugliness. Just like their zombie pets, sorry, I meant "people".

motherfucker

Educated
I imagine this is what they think "stylized" means.

Caim

Arcane
Probably because of some stylistic choice.

Or because the head modeler is a protected class and pointing out that the characters are all melonheads will get you fired.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
In my field, people who deliberately sabotage the company like that have literally gotten their ass fired instantly. A lesser sabotage would take a little longer, but everyone knows they are gone.

kapisi

Novice
It's not just the heads, their bodies have wacky proportions too, like their legs are too short. Same thing happened in Andromeda, I dunno why they haven't fixed it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom