Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

babayaga

Educated
That's wild. I don't understand how someone can work on a franchise like Dragon Age and not even be bothered to at least play the first game or even Baldur's Gate to get an idea of what this type of game is like. These people get paid to work on these projects but can't be arsed to even sit down, spend a weekend to play the first game, write notes, and figure out how the next game should play out. Dragon Age: Origins isn't even that long either. Hell, if they don't like Origins they can play the superior Baldur's Gate 1 instead, which would take an evening to finish.

I don't know, I find it sad how you got indie developers out there who spend years of their life playing these games, researching them, critiquing the mechanics, and working hard to create the ideal RPG for enthusiasts only to get 1/10 of the success. Meanwhile crap like Dragon Ass Vile Guard has more resources, more people, more talent, and those assholes can't even be bothered to least research the franchise they're working on.
I said this before and I will say it again.
Game deving has become just another blue collar job.
The people that want to work in these companies A) do it for money B) are a DEI hire.
They literally don't give a shit about games and don't play them.
Talented straight white guys that genuinely care won't get hired anymore. Only in indies but those require a lot of previous experience so you just have to game dev on your own if you want to make it.

Lodis

Educated
I don't think this slider actually does anything.

94KeQuH.png

Lodis

Educated
Realistically it's all been downhill since Witcher 3 in terms of hot bitches in western role playing games.

kwORATX.jpeg

Even the devs that made Witcher 3 are now filled with fat women and trannies instead of sunlight deprived poles who look like they haven't slept in several months.

Old Hans

Arcane
Realistically it's all been downhill since Witcher 3 in terms of hot bitches in western role playing games.

kwORATX.jpeg

Even the devs that made Witcher 3 are now filled with fat women and trannies instead of sunlight deprived poles who look like they haven't slept in several months.
and even just generic npcs, even if they only have like 4 face models, they look and feel like they belong in the world. It's like night and day compared to Baldurs Gate 3 npcs

Old Hans

Arcane
How much do you think they get paid to write these:
BtnjlVf.jpeg
this is going to be a another bg3 situation isnt it? where they frontload a bunch of stuff for game journalist, who immediately proclaim its the best game ever after playing for 3 hours. After that it's all cut corners

Butter

Arcane
Patron
How much do you think they get paid to write these:
BtnjlVf.jpeg
this is going to be a another bg3 situation isnt it? where they frontload a bunch of stuff for game journalist, who immediately proclaim its the best game ever after playing for 3 hours. After that it's all cut corners
The difference is that BG3 had non-shills talking the game up. I don't expect that to happen here.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Just like in the case of Shitfield, remember, write down, screenshot the bootlickers, the compromised ones and treat them accordingly, as hostiles. They are NPCs who haven't passed the turing test.

goregasm

Scholar
I am getting a chuckle at the "journos" with all of the "no it's really promising and cool" previews.

I haven't played BG3 but I'm guessing this will sell well at least initially because BG3 seems to have stretched out the anal cavity of all of the western waifu degenerates and they crave more.

Game will certainly be trash but they won't care because they can get their digital assholes hammered in front of a campfire by a horned silky haired "communist-adjacent" Mook.

I anticipate lots of headlines like "A return to form" for bioware.

Old Hans

Arcane
I anticipate lots of headlines like "A return to form" for bioware.
I am also expecting some kind of manufactured controversy. "racist trolls complain about body sliders" at which point, the bottom scrapper youtubers will take the bait and make reaction videos

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom