Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

I am getting a chuckle at the "journos" with all of the "no it's really promising and cool" previews.

I haven't played BG3 but I'm guessing this will sell well at least initially because BG3 seems to have stretched out the anal cavity of all of the western waifu degenerates and they crave more.

Game will certainly be trash but they won't care because they can get their digital assholes hammered in front of a campfire by a horned silky haired "communist-adjacent" Mook.

I anticipate lots of headlines like "A return to form" for bioware.
The previews are an obvious farce. Luke Stephens, Fextralife, MattyPlays, etc, etc were regurgitating the same generic praise. Just completely worthless previews. And since watching them my feed has been inundated with the no-name chick YouTubers doing previews for the game... all with like 600 views each. Who the fuck are these people? LMAO

I've also been seeing random Instagram sluts on X talking about how excited they are for Dragon Age.

"You can pet Gryphons! So cute!"

"You can play rock, paper, scissors with a skeleton! So cute!"

"The hair looks amazing!"

Shit is shameless.

Larianshill

Arbiter
"You can play rock, paper, scissors with a skeleton! So cute!"
Dragon Age Origins said:
The demons of the Fade are jealous of the world they sense from across the Veil. They constantly push against the boundaries of the Fade, and when they finally cross over, they attempt to possess the first living creature they see. They are unable, however, to distinguish that which was once living from that which still is... in fact, a corpse provides an even more tempting target to a weaker demon as it has no will with which to resist the possession. The demon cannot rationalize why this is so; it only sees a target and grasps at the opportunity.

A skeleton is exactly that: a corpse animated by a possessing demon. Upon finding itself trapped within a body that cannot sustain it, the demon is driven insane... it seeks to destroy any life that it encounters, attacking without thought to its own welfare.

The exact names given to skeletons of this type vary according to the nature of the demons that possesses it. A "fanged skeleton" is a skeleton possessed by a hunger demon. These skeletons devour whatever life they encounter and often possess the ability to drain life energy and mana from their victims. A "shambling skeleton" is a slower-moving skeleton possessed by a sloth demon, able to bring entropic powers against its opponents, slowing them and even putting them to sleep. More powerful demons have been known to command skeletons, but at that level they are known by other names: revenants and arcane horrors, to name two.

Veilguard:
Le reddit rock paper scissors skeleton

I am sure that a woman writer is responsible for this

The Nameless One

Literate
Let's see some possible futures for this game:

1. Massive financial success. Swats BG3 aside like a gnat. Puts BioWare back at the top of the industry. All the devs become instant celebrities and guarantees the continued existence of the studio. Likelihood: lol.

2. Moderate financial success. The profits from this game outweigh the expenses. Big daddy EA is satisfied and BioWare avoids the chopping block once again. Likelihood: if they shill it enough, it's likely.

3. It's a wash. The game makes roughly about as much money as it took to produce. EA is unhappy. BioWare's future is uncertain. Likelihood: this is where I'd put my money.

4. Financial failure. The game fails to make back its budget and expenses. Excuses and blame is thrown around for months while YouTubers are ecstatic. Steam forums melt down into nonstop trolling. BioWare's future looks bleak. Likelihood: depends how good the game is to a normie audience.

5. Crashes the video game industry. The content of the game is so unpalatable to the mainstream audience that it actually causes a tipping point. Tired of games like Concord and the devs that make them, the gaming audience reject these games wholesale. The next few months consist of loud demands for change. Sales across the board reach new lows. Journos call it the Gaming Crash of 2025. Likelihood: unlikely but hilarious.
3 is too optimistic, the average smurf brained consumer is getting tired of RPGs as mechanics like dialogues, as they take up too much space in their heads.
Imagine how hard the hammer hits now, not even overfunded Overwatch clones can last even a week. Now extrapolate that into RPGs (or what is commercially labeled an RPG in this case). They deliver slider drama to draw in the troons/women. But the numbers you need to break-even are far, far over those.

Best case scenario - this becomes another Ass-Neglect: Andromeda.
"Worse" case scenario - Bioware becomes a plumbing company after release.

Drowed

Arcane
Veilguard:
Le reddit rock paper scissors skeleton

I am sure that a woman writer is responsible for this

Honestly, this farce that there is no difference in interests and preferences in media consumption between men and women has already worn my patience thin. And I'm not saying this with an anonymous internet troll bias or anything like that; I'm talking about a basic observation that any human being who doesn't want to deny reality can see.

I'm not saying that women are incapable of writing a good script for, say, a movie, or even a game. Just that the interests are obviously and distinctly different. Leaving aside the exceptions - because there are always exceptions in any generalization - it is evident from the average consumption habits that women like romances, stories focused on drama (like reality shows or Korean soap operas, at least my wife and her friends seem to love them) and some other things like that. So, when they write something, it's these points that they use. Just look at the growing focus on this type of content in games lately: all the energy spent on things that are essentially superfluous to the narrative and only serve to create unnecessary conflicts, and that is the basic essence of the type of media they consume.

The problem arises when they try to enter spaces typically for men, who tend to care much more about the consistency of the setting, rules, patterns, interrelationships of systems, consistency of lore, and similar issues. Women make products for other women, and then everyone is shocked when (most) men say the products are crap. Obviously, they are crap - you are literally selling a product to the wrong audience, disguising it as something it is not. If I wanted to read a romance book, I would have bought a romance book. Similarly, if I wanted to play a visual novel and dating simulator, I would have chosen to play that. But instead, they disguise all this shit with an RPG facade and get angry when the result is a cat painted with gray dots and you want to convince me that it's a jaguar. And when I say I don't want your stupid cat, you look at me like I'm the weirdo.

It's like society is on meth or something, goddamn, I'm too old for this shit.

Vatnik Wumao
I don't recall if the former immortality aspect was included in Origins lore, but even if it was it had no significance in the game outside of the dalish origin and some lore dumps in the forest region.
Elvish immortality was part of DAO lore but it wasn't true immortality. Elves could get tired of life and one day fall into a never ending sleep. Contact with lesser races destroyed elvish immortality. The reasons behind it was left a mystery, even to the elves.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh, it's not in the top 100 anymore
Meanwhile in crazy land:
ck73Haj.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1845910/discussions/0/4843148117768784149/

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
  • 60,755 followers
  • #37 in wishlists
  • #105 in top sellers
https://steamdb.info/app/1845910/charts/

also

englishDragon Age™: The Veilguard
danishDragon Age™: The Veilguard
dutchDragon Age™: The Veilguard
finnishDragon Age™: The Veilguard
frenchDragon Age™: The Veilguard
germanDragon Age™: The Veilguard
italianDragon Age™: The Veilguard
norwegianDragon Age™: The Veilguard
polishDragon Age™: Straż Zasłony
portugueseDragon Age™: The Veilguard
russianDragon Age™: На страже Завесы
spanishDragon Age™: The Veilguard
swedishDragon Age™: The Veilguard
turkishDragon Age™: The Veilguard
brazilianDragon Age™: The Veilguard
tchinese闇龍紀元™: 紗障守護者
japaneseドラゴンエイジ™: ヴェイルの守護者
koreanaDragon Age™: The Veilguard
schinese龙腾世纪™: 影障守护者
czechDragon Age™: The Veilguard
latamDragon Age™: The Veilguard
thaiDragon Age™: The Veilguard
ukrainianDragon Age™: The Veilguard

Looks like Japan has some separate version (beyond just translation):

Packages that include this app
SubID Name Billing Type Last Update
976094 Dragon Age™: The Veilguard Deluxe Edition
Store or CD Key
(Not in 14 countries) 11 September 2024 – 15:02:37 UTC
976090 Dragon Age™: The Veilguard
Store or CD Key
(Not in 14 countries) 11 September 2024 – 15:02:31 UTC
976098 Dragon Age™: The Veilguard
Store or CD Key
(Only JP) 27 August 2024 – 23:08:09 UTC
976100 Dragon Age™: The Veilguard Deluxe Edition
Store or CD Key
(Only JP)

Ryzer

Arcane
Yeah Valkyria has some zingers

According to them, Origins was the only good game in the franchise. They aren't fans of DA.

This sent a shiver down my spine from disgust :lol:
I mean the quote isn't somewhat wrong until the last sentence. There is no good game in the Dragon age franchise. Now fight me Codex bioware fans.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Lefty guide to cope:

1. Get angry at reality.

2. Cry.

3. Reject reality.

4. Tell everyone who informs you about reality that they are crying.

5. Cry.

6. You'll say it's all their fault (alt-right, Trump, etc.)

7. Cry.

8. Tell them they are crying because they can't handle the truth.

8. Cry.

9. Take meds.

10. Cry.

11. Pretend nothing happened.

12. Cry

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

According to them, Origins was the only good game in the franchise. They aren't fans of DA.

I mean the quote isn't somewhat wrong until the last sentence. There is no good game in the Dragon age franchise. Now fight me Codex bioware fans.
Maybe you should try at RPGWatch.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Maybe you should try at RPGWatch.

Yeah. Thay are honest and true fans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom