Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe Ryzer is just in denial, like closet homosexuals who criticize 'gays' and speak against them in public, but back at home get ridden by bulls. Ryzer just loves sweet tranny juice in his games, but has to post here hundreds of times against it so he can feel less shame about it.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

"Dragon Age: Veilguard's charater creator is without doubt the most indepth character creator I have EWASEEN in video game".

:hahyou:

Yeah they're pushing this real hard, this article, which isn't even an article, is just a hidden ad masquerading as a "guide":
1PkeVzz.png
]
https://www.polygon.com/pre-order/440713/dragon-age-the-veilguard-pre-order-guide

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
BG1 and BG2 are good games.
You can kiss my hairy ass, ryżer (I mean it as an insult, not some french sex thing, just to be clear).

However, I *somewhat* sympathize with dunking on DA:O, even if the frog vatard can't articulate his thoughts properly.
The cooldown based combat seems to be inspired by MMOs somewhat. Except here you don't goof around with your friends while trying to synchronize things. Usually, it's just cooldown repetition, not much else.
Some of the trash mob dungeons are just inexcusable.
And, of course, level scaling crap.

But there are also thing it gets right, I don't hate DA:O. For me it's in that "I appriciate the effort, I honestly do" category.

Last edited:

Hedasd

Literate
Game fell off from top 100 on Steam again. It is simply not possible for any AAA game with the marketing spam of this calibre to fall off that quickly in 3 days when it is only a month away. Not to mention even in recent interviews that director I dont wnat name saying how much they focused on PC version and how this will be the best Dragon Age experience on PC. AAA titles usually stay in top 50 if they arent popular, top 10 if there is actual hype for them among casuals. It will be interesting to see how its going to turn out after release, I just want EA to pull the plug already and kill Bioware.

Also it seems they are writing off Origins and 2, usually choices carried over through games but The Vileguard will only allow players to pick a few choices from only Inquisition. They are trying to do a soft reboot but are they really trying to sell this game to kids with top surgery scars and trans characters that they will be forced to interact with?

Salvo

Arcane
Game fell off from top 100 on Steam again. It is simply not possible for any AAA game with the marketing spam of this calibre to fall off that quickly in 3 days when it is only a month away. Not to mention even in recent interviews that director I dont wnat name saying how much they focused on PC version and how this will be the best Dragon Age experience on PC. AAA titles usually stay in top 50 if they arent popular, top 10 if there is actual hype for them among casuals. It will be interesting to see how its going to turn out after release, I just want EA to pull the plug already and kill Bioware.

Also it seems they are writing off Origins and 2, usually choices carried over through games but The Vileguard will only allow players to pick a few choices from only Inquisition. They are trying to do a soft reboot but are they really trying to sell this game to kids with top surgery scars and trans characters that they will be forced to interact with?
Changing of the guard + they wrote themselves into a corner, of course they're trying to do a soft reboot
Can't wait to see this thing burn and crash.

Ryzer

Arcane
Maybe Ryzer is just in denial, like closet homosexuals who criticize 'gays' and speak against them in public, but back at home get ridden by bulls. Ryzer just loves sweet tranny juice in his games, but has to post here hundreds of times against it so he can feel less shame about it.
BG1 and BG2 are good games.
You can kiss my hairy ass, ryżer (I mean it as an insult, not some french sex thing, just to be clear).

However, I *somewhat* sympathize with dunking on DA:O, even if the frog vatard can't articulate his thoughts properly. It does
The cooldown based combat seems to be inspired by MMOs somewhat. Except here you don't goof around with your friends while trying to synchronize things. Usually, it's just cooldown repetition, not much else.
Some of the trash mob dungeons are just inexcusable.
And, of course, level scaling crap.

But there are also thing it gets right, I don't hate DA:O. For me it's in that "I appriciate the effort, I honestly do" category.
Who asked?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
are they really trying to sell this game to kids with top surgery scars and trans characters that they will be forced to interact with?
Thank you. That's the thing that bothers me the most. They're pushing this harmful ideology bullshit on young, developing minds, confusing our youth's perception of masculinity/femininity, forcing them into the snares of big pharma that will happily mutilate them for money. It's evil what these developers are trying to do: forcing the normalization of it being okay to chop your balls off and for our boys to grow up as weak men unable to identify as proper men.

On top of this, these neo-puritans are forcing the new ideal of how women should look: unattractive, ugly, androgynous, masculine.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
are they really trying to sell this game to kids with top surgery scars and trans characters that they will be forced to interact with?
Thank you. That's the thing that bothers me the most. They're pushing this harmful ideology bullshit on young, developing minds, confusing our youth's perception of masculinity/femininity, forcing them into the snares of big pharma that will happily mutilate them for money. It's evil what these developers are trying to do: forcing the normalization of it being okay to chop your balls off and for our boys to grow up as weak men unable to identify as proper men.

On top of this, these neo-puritans are forcing the new ideal of how women should look: unattractive, ugly, androgynous, masculine.
Why don't you want to convert your children to mutilate their bodies, you bigots.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

On top of this these neo-puritans are forcing the new ideal of how women should look: unattractive, ugly, androgynous, masculine.

Modern commies believe that life is faith, bad and good. The world is bad because it is shackled by an evil dominant ideology that shapes bad faith, which is why it must be replaced with a good one.

In other words, the natural division into two genders is a bad faith that they want to overcome by normalizing transgenderism, which uses zippertits and pronouns as props. However, they repel any criticism by shouting, ridiculing or pretending that it has always been this way. Do you remember Mizhena from Dragonspear? Then they said "what's the harm, it's only one character!" or "trannies have always been around"!. Now they will tell you that zippertits have always been there and will never go away.

Hedasd

Literate

Changing of the guard + they wrote themselves into a corner, of course they're trying to do a soft reboot
Can't wait to see this thing burn and crash.
Soft reboot is normal, its been 10 years and Dragon Age was never big to begin with. Even with Inquisition selling 12 million copies is just a result of lucking out on the release date, if they released it a few months later it would have been a huge failure. The thing I dont understand is making a live-service game aimed at a "modern audience"(kids that will spend their parents money blindly) and then turning it into singleplayer because of shifting trends while adding the most vile and gross things they can. These are the kind of people that cry about bigotry and hatred when accused of manipulating kids on the internet but now doing these things with games? Its not just Dragon Age either, I saw Sims having top surgery scars now too, I guess this director is moving inside EA doing the same things everywhere.

Robber Baron

Savant
You can't sell your next big romance simulator when your characters look like troglodytes, people want their characters cute and sexy it's not rocket science, faggots and degenerates have cute anime girls on their avatars for a reason. As someone on 4chan pointed out Swen understood that and allowed for beauty to remain in his game while doubling down on offensively gay narrative and it worked. Corporate salary men on the other hand are doing it for the money and just can't put enough passion into pushing the woke agenda for it to actually succeed. That said woke agenda is just a next step of gay agenda on a slippery slope of cultural decline.

Terenty

Liturgist

Thank God, Putin banned that filth in Russia. Watching the west rot from the inside is quite entertaining not gonna lie

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Remember, all of this started with the Hamburger Hepler.
Obi-Wan-Kenobi.jpg

Now there's a name I have not heard for a long time. A long time. (((Jennifer Hamburger Brandes Hepler)))

She wrote the dwarven faction for DAO. They're basically mountain-Jews. Would you believe it. Her imagination was something else.

But you make a good observation, she's an ambassador for what was yet to come. Her background was in Vampire and Shadowrun, as in she wrote fanfic for those settings. Both rather soft RPGs, pen and paper larping really. Especially Vampire.

That's the kind of people who were hired, people who approached RPGs as a larp for their fetishes. I remember distinctly what my first DM explained to me in preparation for my first AD&D adventure group. He said: "there will be no romances, no sex, nothing like that, got it?"

We were there to have an adventure, follow the rulebook and play a fantasy survival game with choices and consequences. That's not what people like Hamburger Hepler were doing during their Vampire larping sessions. They were using RPGs as a veil for their degeneracy and a way to express "safely" their immature and sad desires.

When that kind of people take over, well you get the Decline and this dumpsterfire.

RapineDel

Augur
I think the argument is "top seller 4th place if we count preorders only".

I still have a feeling the sales will be simply mid.

What the poster fails to understand is the charts are talking about CURRENT sales, not total.

There are a ton of games on that list, that went up for pre-order months or even years ago that have sold far more than the Veilguard, there just isn't currently a buzz around them because they're releasing next year etc.

Veilguard is in it's absolute peak for pre-orders. Previews have been "positive", it's out in a few weeks and yet it's barely able to break the top 100.

Look at Stalker 2 for instance which is a smaller IP with likely a much smaller budget. The game has over 200k followers (compared to Veilguard's 60k), is #4 wish-listed to Veilguard's 30 odd and yet it's lower on the global sellers list. Why? Well, most people who pre-ordered did so ages ago and it has very clearly sold far more copies so far than Veilguard.

First impressions matter and Veilguard blew that. These days, once internet discourse takes hold, it filters down to the normies and that will doom this game like it did Concord and so many others.

damager

Arbiter
I'm not even against sex in video games if it not all would stink like fat lesbian couples in a swinger club with cut off tits with a bunch of blue haired nerds standing around them rubbing their micro penisses. Their aesthetics is hairy legs in fish net. It's make up on neckbeards. No standards.

Like the characters they write that fuck with every gender, every race, every alignment, background, body type.
If there's really romance in a game I want it to be well written and somewhat meaningful. Every character but the most insane and promiscuous should only pick you for your character build and the right answers.

They inflate sex and make it cheap junkfood all you can eat buffet and they are fat fingering it into their lipstick decorated pig faces.

And if not meaningfull make it badass or aesthetical like in heavy metal or vampire the masquerade.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

"Dragon Age: Veilguard's charater creator is without doubt the most indepth character creator I have EWASEEN in video game".

:hahyou:

The characters playersexual guys.. they just don't have any preferences what so ever. It doesn't what's their background , personal desires and all of them are super into you and open to romance.. because they're pansexual.. just ignore that even pansexual or whaver people have their own preferences and won't date a fucking hobo in the street.

I hate what BG3 did for companions.. Now every game with them must have them all being romanceable despite being a negative towards what type of the story you can tell.

Can't have someone like Abelard , Samara , Durance or Boone because guess what , they need to be attractive and available.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom