Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I wonder what's the source of "all races are pretty much just humans" sickness.
1. Star Trek.
2. Wokinism and dieversity. When every fantasy race must have a nigger variant that is just as valid and normal as the regular variant, their features must become generalized in order to accommodate for that, making them basically just humans with horns or whatever.

Note that the nigger variant must compulsively display all the features of niggerhood: not only very dark skin, but also thick lips, wide noses, very round foreheads, cornrows/dreadlocks/afros, etc. Also, no specific alignment or separate culture from the "regular variant" can be permitted. Blelfs must be just as normal as regular elves, and drows don't count as the nigger variant simply because they have dark skin.

That's why nuBiowhore couldn't just take a DAII/Cisquisition-era Qunari and give some of them dark skin and settle for that. The previous games' Qunari had very specific facial features and metallic skin colors, they wouldn't look Afro-American enough even with dark skin.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1727023072960.jpeg

Finally you can roleplay as the Bogdanoffs!
27815810-corona-frankreich-bogdanoff-brueder-zwillinge-verstorben-covid-ungeimpft-28sO0XJUoJe9.jpg

Necrensha

Educated

I *hope* it's just some westoid social justice nonsense.
Because the alternative is much scarier - burned out writers who don't understand the appeal of fantasy and genuine world building, or simply don't care.
Narcissism and low IQ. Most people are completely unable to even understand why would anyone have a different opinion than the one they currently have, why would they be able to imagine what a completely different sapient species would think? Afterall, being able to write generic soap opera dialogue may qualify somebody for a writer job, but doesn't mean that they are smart.

Aarwolf

Learned
Even with Inquisition selling 12 million copies is just a result of lucking out on the release date

That's not true. Untill 2023 it was 6 million copies sold worldwide. They doubled it in 2024, because DAI was a freebie on Epic, and it was heavily discounted for most of the year on all other platforms (it was 19,99 potato money on Steam and Playstation Store, which is around 5$).

For Witcher 3 it was 50 mln copies in 2023 and it was never given for free (but often discounted).

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Western media is a reflection of the ever increasing amount of non-white people in America and Europe.
Notice how, in third world countries such as Brazil or Argentina, representation of non-whites has remained steadily the same. In the case of Argentina, zero niggers on TV.

babayaga

Educated

I *hope* it's just some westoid social justice nonsense.
Because the alternative is much scarier - burned out writers who don't understand the appeal of fantasy and genuine world building, or simply don't care.
Narcissism and low IQ. Most people are completely unable to even understand why would anyone have a different opinion than the one they currently have, why would they be able to imagine what a completely different sapient species would think? Afterall, being able to write generic soap opera dialogue may qualify somebody for a writer job, but doesn't mean that they are smart.
Some of the dialogue options others were showing were worse than soap opera. In fact, soap opera writing is Shakespeare in comparison.
They are all so thin skinned that if you critique them, they take it as a personal attack. There is no way to improve.
It doesn't help that writers are hired through connections or DEI. You can't quality control them.

Hedasd

Literate
Bunch of fucking pussies. Hiding behind their monitors in anonymity while supporting these grotesque perversions on the human body. Such cowards they are, facilitating a generation of children to fall victim to these abominable practices of chopping and skewering one's private parts; of being addicted to life changing medications that leave permanent changes on the human anatomy; of having a whole generation of depressed people who can't even identity their God given gender; on top of ruining attractive hot waifus in RPGs.

Then they get all bitchy when you challenge them on this shit. Fuck off man.
2Zzcdq0.png

Community managers keep getting banned there but their bans keep getting revoked and they start spamming again.

Necrensha

Educated
They are all so thin skinned that if you critique them, they take it as a personal attack.
This is the key factor to the rise of these brand of human to power.
Screaming very loudly until you get what you want is a scarily effective tactic on most normies, doubly so if you have a purple wig over your head. Countless spineless managers/CEOs/directors and so on have bent the knee because just the thought of having literally 20 of these idiots screaming at them on Twitter over any issue is scarier than 10000 actual clients politely saying the opposite.
By extrapolating this tactic to every situation you can now understand their unreal power within companies all over the developed world, it takes losses in the hundreds of millions for some companies to even consider the idea of getting rid of them.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Say what you will about Dragon Age: Origins but some of the potential outcomes and unavoidable outcomes were pretty brutal.
Yes.
It had gritty and morally ambiguous and pragmatic characters like Loghain (one of my favorites, to be honest).
Even the potential endings involving you and your fate and Morrigan were also pretty involved.
Yes, Veilguard manages to make Origins look like a masterpiece in comparison.
What the fuck...

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
1. Star Trek.
Hmm, that's not fair.

I'm not some big trekkie, but I watched a fair amount of TOS and TNG.
Yes, visually, aliens are often just humans with funny makeup. Budget reasons. But there was a good amount of effort to explore alien mindsets and cultures.

And what do we have in modern "fantasy" like Baldur's Gate 3?
Is there at least one surface dwarf in the game who is... being a dwarf? I can maybe think of one arguable example. There's nothing there, it's just all short stocky humans. Often brown and beardless.
Dragonborn? What are they? I have not learned a single thing about them. Is it normal for them to be street hookers and cringe shopkeepers? I don't know. There's nothing there. At least give them a voice filter or some shit. Anything!

Lodis

Educated
Here we go with the whole "but the franchise has ALWAYS been x" and the "just ignore it" arguments that paid shills love using. And yes Bioware has always been known to include faggotry in their games past BG2, but there's a threshold and at this point even your average gamer is starting to get put off by the sheer amount of pozz. And now there's some bizarre attempt to normalize top surgery scars now.

Lz0w9JD.png

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Obviously I do not think this is likely, but I wonder - if the game was, despite how it looks now, despite its idiotic character creation options etc - if it was actually good - with well written characters, well designed multilayered quests with many ways to solve them, impactful themes and immersive atmosphere, engaging combat and character progression - like, if by some miracle it was a really really good third person action RPG - would codexers be able to admit and recognize it as such?
If, against all the odds, it seemed like it could be an actually good game I would play it and admit it if I enjoyed it, I play most new fantasy RPG releases and try to see the best in them but the marketing for DAVe specifically has really put me off. Plenty of people say they disliked Wrath and BG3 for the woke content and I still loved both those games, but Bioware seem to have forgotten about the game aspect of their release and want to primarily focus on irrelevant cosmetic nonsense that appeals to 1% of the population and selling romantic fantasies with ugly bobbleheads. When they do talk about the aspects I care about it's in ways that fill me with dread, like in the dev video for GameInformer where they shat on the combat and companions in the previous Bioware games that I actually liked and the interview where Corinne Busche said that the character progression was inspired by (may God preserve us) Final Fantasy XII.

If it turns out that the game is good despite all that I'll admit that I was wrong, but if it is then Bioware/EA need to axe their entire marketing department because it seems like they've been going out of their way to make it look terrible from that very first video.

Lodis

Educated
Obviously I do not think this is likely, but I wonder - if the game was, despite how it looks now, despite its idiotic character creation options etc - if it was actually good - with well written characters, well designed multilayered quests with many ways to solve them, impactful themes and immersive atmosphere, engaging combat and character progression - like, if by some miracle it was a really really good third person action RPG - would codexers be able to admit and recognize it as such?
What does Scout Harding's arse smell like?
RfvRrtq.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here we go with the whole "but the franchise has ALWAYS been x" and the "just ignore it" arguments that paid shills love using. And yes Bioware has always been known to include faggotry in their games past BG2, but there's a threshold and at this point even your average gamer is starting to get put off by the sheer amount of pozz. And now there's some bizarre attempt to normalize top surgery scars now.

Lz0w9JD.png
0I6pNqF.png

Elttharion

Learned
New Vegas is filled with an absurd degree of faggotry, even more so considering the year it launched, and I'd wager the majority of people here like that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom