Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Obviously I do not think this is likely, but I wonder - if the game was, despite how it looks now, despite its idiotic character creation options etc - if it was actually good - with well written characters, well designed multilayered quests with many ways to solve them, impactful themes and immersive atmosphere, engaging combat and character progression - like, if by some miracle it was a really really good third person action RPG - would codexers be able to admit and recognize it as such?
New Vegas is filled with an absurd degree of faggotry, even more so considering the year it launched, and I'd wager the majority of people here like that game.
And niggas still be dissin on Fallout 2...
Unacceptable.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Zamn, the character creator lets you make an ugly character? That's so woke, they don't make em like they used to!
lol.jpg

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Obviously I do not think this is likely, but I wonder - if the game was, despite how it looks now, despite its idiotic character creation options etc - if it was actually good - with well written characters, well designed multilayered quests with many ways to solve them, impactful themes and immersive atmosphere, engaging combat and character progression - like, if by some miracle it was a really really good third person action RPG - would codexers be able to admit and recognize it as such?
What does Scout Harding's arse smell like?
RfvRrtq.png
Do not redeem saar, do not!

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Tactically DA:O relies on a aggro system which is inspired by MMO combat rather than having sets of AI behaviour written for different types of opponent.

There's no real line of engagement or need for much in the way of clever positioning on the player's part. Overall, I think the tactical aspects of the combat system are one of the more lacklustre elements of DA:O's design.

You absolutely need to position your party properly. There are tons of abilities and spells that need positioning and enemies that will fuck around that. For RTwP threat management system leads to better gameplay as you can manipulate it with actual roleplaying mechanics and not retarded kiting. It ain't anything amazing, but you need to give me some examples of RPGs with good enemy AI to claim it's lackluster. Origins has more complex AI than BG for example (even with SCS lol let me run directly for the most squishy character and pass thru 5 other because there is no AoO)

You draw aggro by casting spells at an enemy, by doing damage and by taunting, no?
Initial aggro is equipment based, which is lame as fuck.
Luckily, there are other things influencing it, some even sensible, so it's not all bad.

I *think* it was butchered completely in DA2. I remember enemies never switching targets based on dealt damage.

Armour type is way too meaningless (and non existent on higher difficulty) to matter.

Goldschmidt

Learned
Here we go with the whole "but the franchise has ALWAYS been x" and the "just ignore it" arguments that paid shills love using. And yes Bioware has always been known to include faggotry in their games past BG2, but there's a threshold and at this point even your average gamer is starting to get put off by the sheer amount of pozz. And now there's some bizarre attempt to normalize top surgery scars now.

Lz0w9JD.png
Did NWN have faggotry? Cant remember.

Fargus

Arcane
Here we go with the whole "but the franchise has ALWAYS been x" and the "just ignore it" arguments that paid shills love using. And yes Bioware has always been known to include faggotry in their games past BG2, but there's a threshold and at this point even your average gamer is starting to get put off by the sheer amount of pozz. And now there's some bizarre attempt to normalize top surgery scars now.

Lz0w9JD.png

I think their first game with faggotry was Jade Empire

Ryzer

Arcane

Lz0w9JD.png

Fun fact:

Gay romance in BG2???? Come ON!​

23 Oct 2000, 09:00:00
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.games.baldurs-gate/c/IIaPcDxC7mU?pli=1

Naraya

Arcane

Lz0w9JD.png

Fun fact:

Gay romance in BG2???? Come ON!​

23 Oct 2000, 09:00:00
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.games.baldurs-gate/c/IIaPcDxC7mU?pli=1
Well... for some people homosexual relationships are the epitome of fantasy :smug:

Last edited:

Just Locus

Educated

It doesn't matter if:
-You have your female characters have realistic proportions
-You have your female characters have unrealistic proportions done for sex appeal
-You have your female characters display masculine characteristics
-You have your female characters be as unappealing as they can possibly be
-The roles you have your female characters have in the book/game/movie

You will be guilty of being against some group or some person or some abstract cultural identity and until you apologize to these lunatics and give in to their whims you will always be the evil one.

Lodis

Educated

Lz0w9JD.png

KOTOR actually with Juhani. But nobody remembers because nobody plays as female Revan.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Even if they've seen better they will give a blatant lie.

She added later "You can argue with me on twitter". She is paid to do this, methinks.

The characters playersexual guys.. they just don't have any preferences what so ever. It doesn't what's their background , personal desires and all of them are super into you and open to romance.. because they're pansexual.. just ignore that even pansexual or whaver people have their own preferences and won't date a fucking hobo in the street.

I hate what BG3 did for companions.. Now every game with them must have them all being romanceable despite being a negative towards what type of the story you can tell.

Can't have someone like Abelard , Samara , Durance or Boone because guess what , they need to be attractive and available.

Later in the video it was said, very vaguely, that the characters were not as playersexual as they were supposed to be. I assume that Bioware didn't have time to change it and now they are withdrawing from it a bit through paid shills.

Probably doesn’t see many video games.

Of course. She is game jurnalist. They now nothing about any topic.

Lz0w9JD.png

Nympho lesbianism in Kingmaker:

220112.1650050514.jpg

From https://lgbtqgamearchive.com/2016/08/30/kaidala-in-neverwinter-nights-kingmaker:

Kaidala is an optional party member in Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker, where she fights alongside the player providing support and healing. As a nymph, she has a strong connection to nature and the player character is able to romance her (regardless of their gender) in order to gain her trust. If they are successful in establishing a relationship with her, the grove that Kaidala oversees will be replanted. Some fans have referenced her as being a part of Bioware’s first female/female relationship (if the player character is female), due to her bisexual identity.

Also:

Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker allows the player character to flirt with a variety of NPCs in an attempt to build relationships with them. While it is possible to flirt with an NPC of the same gender as your player character, you cannot progress beyond mutual flirtation.

Semiurge

Cipher
"You can play rock, paper, scissors with a skeleton! So cute!"
Dragon Age Origins said:
The demons of the Fade are jealous of the world they sense from across the Veil. They constantly push against the boundaries of the Fade, and when they finally cross over, they attempt to possess the first living creature they see. They are unable, however, to distinguish that which was once living from that which still is... in fact, a corpse provides an even more tempting target to a weaker demon as it has no will with which to resist the possession. The demon cannot rationalize why this is so; it only sees a target and grasps at the opportunity.

A skeleton is exactly that: a corpse animated by a possessing demon. Upon finding itself trapped within a body that cannot sustain it, the demon is driven insane... it seeks to destroy any life that it encounters, attacking without thought to its own welfare.

The exact names given to skeletons of this type vary according to the nature of the demons that possesses it. A "fanged skeleton" is a skeleton possessed by a hunger demon. These skeletons devour whatever life they encounter and often possess the ability to drain life energy and mana from their victims. A "shambling skeleton" is a slower-moving skeleton possessed by a sloth demon, able to bring entropic powers against its opponents, slowing them and even putting them to sleep. More powerful demons have been known to command skeletons, but at that level they are known by other names: revenants and arcane horrors, to name two.

Veilguard:
Le reddit rock paper scissors skeleton

I am sure that a woman writer is responsible for this

RPS was heavily featured in Farscape, so optimistically, maybe that's the connection. Even Origins was riddled with anachronisms and Whedonisms, but it kept the tone darker so it didn't come across as too goofy.

Also it seems they are writing off Origins and 2, usually choices carried over through games but The Vileguard will only allow players to pick a few choices from only Inquisition. They are trying to do a soft reboot but are they really trying to sell this game to kids with top surgery scars and trans characters that they will be forced to interact with?

Well technically they have that M rating to use as a defence, but in reality of course those content ratings have no meaning beyond who actually buys the games, and even then it really only matters in brick 'n' mortar stores that still care to card buyers.

are they really trying to sell this game to kids with top surgery scars and trans characters that they will be forced to interact with?
Thank you. That's the thing that bothers me the most. They're pushing this harmful ideology bullshit on young, developing minds, confusing our youth's perception of masculinity/femininity, forcing them into the snares of big pharma that will happily mutilate them for money. It's evil what these developers are trying to do: forcing the normalization of it being okay to chop your balls off and for our boys to grow up as weak men unable to identify as proper men.

On top of this these neo-puritans are forcing the new ideal of how women should look: unattractive, ugly, androgynous, masculine.

Modern commies believe that life is faith, bad and good. The world is bad because it is shackled by an evil dominant ideology that shapes bad faith, which is why it must be replaced with a good one.

In other words, the natural division into two genders is a bad faith that they want to overcome by normalizing transgenderism, which uses zippertits and pronouns as props. However, they repel any criticism by shouting, ridiculing or pretending that it has always been this way. Do you remember Mizhena from Dragonspear? Then they said "what's the harm, it's only one character!" or "trannies have always been around"!. Now they will tell you that zippertits have always been there and will never go away.

Traditional values must be eroded before people will accept the social revolution. That's what's going on. That's why media, in part comprising of useful idiots, is trying to normalise abnormal sexual identities, to present cultural relativity as an ideal, and to politicise science to such a degree that using traditional reason to undo the validity of these new values becomes impossible. The left allying with islam and importing muslims is also a part of the plan, for when allowed to take root, islam will provide a suitable framework for a new marxist hierarchy whose power is absolute and unchallenged.

These troons are mostly just useful commie-adjacent idiots, but sometimes dangerous converts who've sold their souls to the red adversary.

Game fell off from top 100 on Steam again. It is simply not possible for any AAA game with the marketing spam of this calibre to fall off that quickly in 3 days when it is only a month away. Not to mention even in recent interviews that director I dont wnat name saying how much they focused on PC version and how this will be the best Dragon Age experience on PC. AAA titles usually stay in top 50 if they arent popular, top 10 if there is actual hype for them among casuals. It will be interesting to see how its going to turn out after release, I just want EA to pull the plug already and kill Bioware.

Also it seems they are writing off Origins and 2, usually choices carried over through games but The Vileguard will only allow players to pick a few choices from only Inquisition. They are trying to do a soft reboot but are they really trying to sell this game to kids with top surgery scars and trans characters that they will be forced to interact with?
Changing of the guard + they wrote themselves into a corner, of course they're trying to do a soft reboot
Can't wait to see this thing burn and crash.
Soft reboot is normal, its been 10 years and Dragon Age was never big to begin with. Even with Inquisition selling 12 million copies is just a result of lucking out on the release date, if they released it a few months later it would have been a huge failure. The thing I dont understand is making a live-service game aimed at a "modern audience"(kids that will spend their parents money blindly) and then turning it into singleplayer because of shifting trends while adding the most vile and gross things they can. These are the kind of people that cry about bigotry and hatred when accused of manipulating kids on the internet but now doing these things with games? Its not just Dragon Age either, I saw Sims having top surgery scars now too, I guess this director is moving inside EA doing the same things everywhere.

These devs are mostly the same who developed Inquisition, and that's as far as their DA expertise goes. There are none left at Bioware who worked on Origins or DA2. There's a stark shift of culture between Origins and DA2, and the later two. The first two are tremendously "problematic" from today's marxist perspective, and the later two are perfectly aligned with this dogma.

The team that came in after DA2 can be blamed for this drastic shift of tone in the franchise.

Last edited:

Hedasd

Literate

Lz0w9JD.png

I dont remember anything beyond basic bisexual companions and brothel options in Origins along with a drag queen in second game. Inquisition on the other hand had one transgered character with horribly hamfisted dialogue that vilified the player character for simple questions(written by Patrick Weekes, who is now called Trick for some reason) and possibly the most stereotypical and shallow gay character they could have written. These constant "Dragon Age always was like this" posts on the internet are getting extremely annoying due to blatant lying to push their stupid ideologies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom