Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Semiurge

Cipher
My bröthers, let me intröduce yöu tö the Advanced Race Theöry.
Canadian racial science have möved beyond such simple cöncepts as skin cölör.

Behöld!

1726846533157319.png

Now a completely random example of the Advanced Race Theöry analysis. Let's say... ryzer.

Skin hue: Warm. Because he's anything but cool. Also "warm" or "warmie" is a slang for effeminate faggöt in my language, which makes it extra funny.
Skin tone: Probably rather dark, given the algerian dröp of blööd pumping in hearts of all french men.
Melanin: Paradoxiacally rather löw, despite his dark cömplexiön. It's a result of terminally önline black pill döömer life style.

Final judgement: Sickly gray lesser race.

:prosper:

Christ. Now we're at the very core of their expertise. I recognise the skin hue options from the time, not long ago, when I was searching for an official skin pigmentation chart online. That skin hue or 'undertone', as it's officially called, is the backbone of color analysis. It's constantly spoken about at reddit's makeup and beauty- related subforums and often the discussions derail into racial politics, because reddit and its far-left radicalism.

I wonder what's the source of "all races are pretty much just humans" sickness.

I *hope* it's just some westoid social justice nonsense.
Because the alternative is much scarier - burned out writers who don't understand the appeal of fantasy and genuine world building, or simply don't care.
It's both.

It's lazy writing, about real-world analogies masquerading as fantasy or scifi. It's also, to some degree, mandatory because of budget constraints and certain demands set for game content, like the romances. They'd want their romanceable party members to resemble humans to some degree. It's also easier to desigh a character creator around races that share a lot of common ground visually, and to also add the same politically mandated diversity within each race, like for example negroid or asian features for elves and qunari. And because they expect that a great deal of potential gamers will want to design a character that resembles themselves, down to the skin color and minor features.

Bunch of fucking pussies. Hiding behind their monitors in anonymity while supporting these grotesque perversions on the human body. Such cowards they are, facilitating a generation of children to fall victim to these abominable practices of chopping and skewering one's private parts; of being addicted to life changing medications that leave permanent changes on the human anatomy; of having a whole generation of depressed people who can't even identity their God given gender; on top of ruining attractive hot waifus in RPGs.

Then they get all bitchy when you challenge them on this shit. Fuck off man.
2Zzcdq0.png

Aren't the mods of Steam forrums always affiliated with the respective game somehow? At the very least, they're affiliated with the game's overall ideology.

Some of the dialogue options others were showing were worse than soap opera.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
BkD9vB2.jpeg

They couldn't be more obvious.

This will become a wild ride once the full saturation of Veilguard's overt ideological message becomes known. Come halloween.

Some of the dialogue options others were showing were worse than soap opera.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
BkD9vB2.jpeg
With this degree of subtlety and natural writing, I can't wait to see how the mandatory troon representation is tackled in this game...

I'm certain Taash will be the token tranny party member, because "her" official pronouns are they/them.

Bioware probably got a lot of requests for a qunari troon party member because of that side character in Inquisition. Now they/them deliver.

Here we go with the whole "but the franchise has ALWAYS been x" and the "just ignore it" arguments that paid shills love using. And yes Bioware has always been known to include faggotry in their games past BG2, but there's a threshold and at this point even your average gamer is starting to get put off by the sheer amount of pozz. And now there's some bizarre attempt to normalize top surgery scars now.

Lz0w9JD.png

"Culture-war tourist" is another common counter-argument. It could be born in that rancid neovaginal ooze-smelling bubble of theirs, or a cynical slur to be used against critics of the ideology. At any rate they want to make every normie think that the critics are nothing but pathetic incels, bigots, racists, what have you. They will use negatively loaded words to deflect criticism and to smear the reputations of anyone who fights back.

Some more gameplay footage:

I like the bruises. Will Veilguard represent relationships where either party gets a regular beating?

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Hedasd

Literate
And on a different note,

Of course all the proper staff jumped ship before or around Inquisition and the hackiest ones remained. This is the guy that blamed the hate for Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 on Gamergate, because who in their right mind would shit on a barely functioning game that was developed in a year and another one that ended a trilogy in the worst way possible.

Terra

Cipher
So apparently the choices from prior games that carry over are just:
6dj3y0A.jpeg

Talk about lazy.
I'm amazed by how Bio thinks they can have their cake and eat it with their soft reboot attempt but love of dragging back old characters. They bring back Morrigan; no flag to check if she is romanced, no flag to check if she has a kid, I thought there was supposed to be a flag for the Inquisition well thingy to handle if she may be under a geas; is that not even in the game. No flag to check if the Warden is even alive I'm guessing either so good luck for those hoping for any updates on that front. Absolute clown show to have none of the above; what's the point of even bringing back the character except to serve as a banal plot device that will further disappoint everyone involved.

Truly, having long running IPs with direct continuations is very ill-fitting for the videogame industry without a continuing strong figure at the head of it from start to finish. With the eleventh hour stingers and the Theseus ship development team effect, you end up with some tranny at the helm and this shitshow of a sequel. Would have been much better off having distinct, unconnected stories within the setting rather than this mess. This thing's been rebooted that many times there's probably no budget left for much of anything off the critical path so past games being ignored is to be expected I guess. Was never the biggest fan of the direction Laidlaw charted for the games but heck, the devil you know and all that.

Heck it's EA-owned so this franchise's destruction was inevitable anyway.

Semiurge

Cipher
And on a different note,

4:19

After being by two minutes in all trailers together, fictional character is diagnosed with ADHD and now it's her official personality.

For anyone wondering like I was: the gameplay starts at 22 minutes into the 23 minute video.

Yeah and looks like shit.

Perhaps future of Bioware is in making 3D visual novels.

Rook literally says "Whoa!" when he steps outside the first time :lol:

This dialogue is too much.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
And on a different note,

4:19

After being by two minutes in all trailers together, fictional character is diagnosed with ADHD and now it's her official personality.

For anyone wondering like I was: the gameplay starts at 22 minutes into the 23 minute video.

Yeah and looks like shit.

Perhaps future of Bioware is in making 3D visual novels.

Rook literally says "Whoa!" when he steps outside the first time :lol:

This dialogue is too much.

I have more temper for cringe, but I was defeated by conversation around 16:34. "Oh, people!" with voice sweeter and more infantile than any weeb game I know.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I have more temper for cringe, but I was defeated by conversation around 16:34. "Oh, people!" with voice sweeter and more infantile than any weeb game I know.
Reminds me of that cringe kitsune from WotR. Reddit character.

Yes, but tumbrl is strong Bioware, escapat Russians cannot compete:

Nenio has nice voice, even when she talks bullshit, and her bullshit is less infantile and annoying than Veilguard. I think Sendri would be a better comparison.

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here we go with the whole "but the franchise has ALWAYS been x" and the "just ignore it" arguments that paid shills love using. And yes Bioware has always been known to include faggotry in their games past BG2, but there's a threshold and at this point even your average gamer is starting to get put off by the sheer amount of pozz. And now there's some bizarre attempt to normalize top surgery scars now.

Lz0w9JD.png
Did NWN have faggotry? Cant remember.

I think their first game with faggotry was Jade Empire
KOTOR actually with Juhani. But nobody remembers because nobody plays as female Revan.
A fun fact: Juhani is the most common Finnish male first name (very often as the second first name), many such cases (>350K). Now seeing it as a female name in the game makes it extra weird for me.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
"You can play rock, paper, scissors with a skeleton! So cute!"
RPS was heavily featured in Farscape, so optimistically, maybe that's the connection. Even Origins was riddled with anachronisms and Whedonisms

:rpgcodex:
To think that any ‘current year’ childish slop is an indirect byproduct of Farscape of all things is silly, but to lump it in with Whedon is fighting words.

P.S. They only did Rock Paper Scissors amongst themselves a couple times, played for foreign culture laughs, it wasn’t a running gag.

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
Alrighty, went to the Veilguard's Steam discussions. How much time will you give me until I'm banned by biodrone jannies?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom