Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

They're degenerates all the same.
q0m0VZK.jpeg

La vie sexuelle

Learned
>Katarina Barkwell
A relative of Calvin Barkmore?

If you don't get the joke:
You're a newfag and you don't know the best Codex lore.
Calvin Barkmore is a parody of our Cleveland Blakemore in Jagged Alliance 2. I guess he was... being Cleve during the development.

Explained jokes are unfunny. You get a joke or not.

Isn't?

:prosper:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I assume the character creator is simply the best they could manage and they probably think they did a good job. That's how the """people""" working at Bioware think.

Robber Baron

Savant
So apparently the choices from prior games that carry over are just:
6dj3y0A.jpeg

Talk about lazy.
Romance is a given for the series, fate of the inquisition is the point of the game, and hidden god is the point of the major DLC. This is basically the barest most minimal data to import.
Also, nothing from DA1 and DA2? I guess this means Morrigan isn't in this one, given the things that can happen to/with her. Or Alistair and his potential kingdom.
Morrigan is in this

Screenshot-2024-08-16-at-12.35.33%E2%80%AFPM.png
TIL she always had flapjack tiddies

I swear she had absolute ballistics in Origins

Still would :smug:
morrigan-once-again-nerfed-in-dragon-age-the-veilguard-v0-hy7H2i3xS-AXgckR_ohUe9zjOd-xoUXs4ku5qWW1sq4.jpg

puffigan.jpg

Padzi

Arbiter
I assume the character creator is simply the best they could manage and they probably think they did a good job. That's how the """people""" working at Bioware think.
They are creating characters by looking in the mirror or at their co-workers in the office for inspiration. They should go out and see some attractive people for a change.

Old Hans

Arcane
So apparently the choices from prior games that carry over are just:
6dj3y0A.jpeg

Talk about lazy.
Romance is a given for the series, fate of the inquisition is the point of the game, and hidden god is the point of the major DLC. This is basically the barest most minimal data to import.
Also, nothing from DA1 and DA2? I guess this means Morrigan isn't in this one, given the things that can happen to/with her. Or Alistair and his potential kingdom.
Morrigan is in this

Screenshot-2024-08-16-at-12.35.33%E2%80%AFPM.png
its like a tv show that replaces the actresses in season 2 and hopes no one notices

Even Mass Effect had a distinct aesthetic. This series still hasn't found one.

Dragon Age is a mirror image of Bioware. Remember that they approached Interplay with a tech demo for an MMO/RTS type of affair, two of the biggest trends at the tail end of the 1990s. And also remember that Dragon Age was publically announced as a "back to the roots" type of project -- barely two moons after Throne Of Bhaal had shipped.

So a franchise changing and mutating with every game and chasing trends like Bill Murray did Sigourney Weaver in Ghostbusters -- that is the true core of Bioware. They don't really have much of an identity themselves -- which is also why they lost numerous lead designers, writers and fans -- the rest of which being quite split and torn now.

Will be interesting to see how that pans out in the longer run.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Dragon Age is a mirror image of Bioware. Remember that they approached Interplay with a tech demo for an MMO/RTS type of affair, two of the biggest trends at the tail end of the 1990s. And also remember that Dragon Age was publically announced as a "back to the roots" type of project -- barely two moons after Throne Of Bhaal had shipped.

So a franchise changing and mutating with every game and chasing trends like Bill Murray did Sigourney Weaver in Ghostbusters -- that is the true core of Bioware. They don't really have much of an identity themselves -- which is also why they lost numerous lead designers, writers and fans -- the rest of which being quite split and torn now.

Will be interesting to see how that pans out in the longer run.
I'm stunned that Biowaste wasn't taken out to the back of the shed like EA has done numerous other studios long ago.

Elttharion

Learned
Funny, a series mainly developed by trannies is desperately trying to change genders and aesthetics after every game. Even funnier that everyone keeps bringing up its deadname the first game, the one they are desperately trying to distance themselves from.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom