Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Fargus

Arcane
Camel one of the brothel elves was a tranny or crossdresser
True. But BioWare used him only as a comic relief.
Serendipity.png

We never thought of her as transgender, per se— she’s more of a drag queen, in attitude if not in appearance (lacking the appropriate options, else that’s what she would have been).
https://the-gaider-archives.tumblr.com/post/108930086798/on-transgender-characters
I found these Darth Gaydar's seething ramblings earlier today. If anyone wants to read it, warning: cringe.

Back then in 2011 i didn't think of this character as funny for one simple reason i still cared about Bioware games and didn't want them to become an even bigger degen circus. One guy even said that they turned Dragon Age 2 into a morbid dream of an old prostitute. But they already were on a speedrun of decline by mass effecting the sequel when they should have just made it like the first game.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Serendipity.png

We never thought of her as transgender, per se— she’s more of a drag queen, in attitude if not in appearance (lacking the appropriate options, else that’s what she would have been).
https://the-gaider-archives.tumblr.com/post/108930086798/on-transgender-characters
I found these Darth Gaydar's seething ramblings earlier today. If anyone wants to read it, warning: cringe.

Back then then in 2011 i didn't think of this character as funny for one simple reason i still cared about Bioware games and didn't want them to become an even bigger degen circus. One guy even said that they turned Dragon Age 2 into a morbid dream of an old prostitute. But they already were on a speedrun of decline by mass effecting the sequel when they should have just made it like the first game.
If DA2 is a morbid dream of an old prostitute, then what is DA Inquisition?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Serendipity.png

Back then then in 2011 i didn't think of this character as funny for one simple reason i still cared about Bioware games and didn't want them to become an even bigger degen circus. One guy even said that they turned Dragon Age 2 into a morbid dream of an old prostitute. But they already were on a speedrun of decline by mass effecting the sequel when they should have just made it like the first game.
If DA2 is a morbid dream of an old prostitute, then what is DA Inquisition?

DA2 is Bioware's last attempt at doing something erotically funny (rather unsuccessful, as this whole game is). Inquisition is a game ahead of trends even to this day - I will never forget virtue signaling through a minor quest where the guy stayed at home to spin the turnstile and the wife fulfilled herself as a warrior. The sex of this game was awkward, strange, full of uncertainty and inequality (while heterosexual relationships were as safe as possible, homosexual relationships were full of over-the-top weirdness, like Sera calling the inquisitor "Lady Buttstock").

Veilguard will acknowledge the course correction that has taken place over the past ten years, replacing feminism and homosexuality with transgender hell, where the disruption of the relationship between gender and sex leads to a strange situation where everyone is the same mass of nothing, and relationships are devoid of the tension that characterizes normal people relations.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Granted most of it were cameos, but it was cool nonetheless to see Loghain appear in Inquistion for example.
Loghain was not just a cameo, he had an extended presence in a major story questline, along with Hawke. The sort of presence that could be rapelaced with someone else, but still. Alastair was a cameo... or maybe that's just because of my worldstate that made him the king, instead of a gay ward-

Why am I defending Cisquisition? Has it come to this?

:despair:

Hedasd

Literate
If the available info on playstation and Steam pre-orders are actually within their expectations and indicates strong demand, that means they were already expecting an actual flop with a slight chance to make back the development costs. But there are no articles from last week when this investor showcase happened talking about Vileguard and only ones that came out today are using some biodrones tumblr page as source with a very entertaining picture.

41de4122bfe94fdbd4f6d79e8b32489d06fc16ab.png

This fantasy character has adhd, uses different pronouns and our first asian elf, a fresh new addition to our elves after we added black ones in our previous game. You can expect more believable characters like this. Trust us and our diverse team of employee-persons dear investors, also dont read anything online about the game from sources that are not approved by our hardworking marketing team.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's always funny when people bring these things up to prove their point "wow veilguard is super popular and going to be a great game" as if

1. A company's going to tell their investors anything besides how good they're doing.
2. The number of copies sold by a company bankrolled by fucking EA means anything for quality at all.

I'm sure at this point the nu-BioWare cult will love the game even if it smears shit on their face.

A reminder that this game is made for fans of Inquisition, not Origins.

kapisi

Novice
Granted most of it were cameos, but it was cool nonetheless to see Loghain appear in Inquistion for example.
Loghain was not just a cameo, he had an extended presence in a major story questline, along with Hawke. The sort of presence that could be rapelaced with someone else, but still. Alastair was a cameo... or maybe that's just because of my worldstate that made him the king, instead of a gay ward-

Why am I defending Cisquisition? Has it come to this?

:despair:
Come on, it was a good example of different worldstates.

It could be Alistair, Loghain or the default guy. Three actors recording a decent amount of lines (with some variation)

Aaand if you did the main quests in a specific order, you could catch additional scenes of Alistair/Loghain and Morrigan. Aaaaand they could be talking about Warden/Alistair/Loghain's son.

If you didn't import a suitable save, you wouldn't see all this possible content.

Even if it doesn't impact the main story at all, it was still great on Bioware's part to spend time and money on those possibilities. Something to be proud of, I ain't ever gonna deny them that.

kapisi

Novice
it was still great on Bioware's part to spend time and money on those possibilities

two VAs per sex for a dialog heavy game with a fully voiced protagonist was also pretty radical
I don't know if anyone ever did anything like that again
Yeah, they are doing the same in veilguard. But this time one of VAs is the fiercely talented Erika Ishii, of course

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
it was still great on Bioware's part to spend time and money on those possibilities

two VAs per sex for a dialog heavy game with a fully voiced protagonist was also pretty radical
I don't know if anyone ever did anything like that again
SWTOR. Also by BioWare. Also had completely different dialogue lines for each class, and widespread NPC reactivity to the classes, not to mention the yuge amount of content completely unique to each class. But that was a different BioWare (BW Austin).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom